Would the GOP be able to continue if it ceased to be the PARTY OF GOD???

• YEP!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For some reason, I think God scoffs at the idea that the Republican Party is his party.

I suspect that if he were not a God of mercy, he'd strike down the OP with a bolt of lightning immediately.

Immie

If he were a god of mercy he WOULD use that bolt of lightning for the grater mercy of us all ;)

It must be great to run as a democrat. The democrat party believes in nothing and therefore it is immune from criticism regarding morality.

Why is it the government's business to determine morality? I am talking as a Republican here, mind you. Where in the Constitution does it say that it's government's responsibility to promote a moral society? I, for one, think the people can decide for themselves what is moral and what is not.

Which of our laws cannot be traced to morality?

Immie
This is a topic that requires an entire thread to itself...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/214611-legislating-morality.html#post5008271

And, quite frankly, I am surprised to see you say such a thing :(

Not only would it continue, it would flourish.

Freed from the chains of social conservatism and Christian fundamentalists, the Party could return to its roots of fiscal responsibility and social liberalism -–a democratic president would likely never be elected again, except for a few rare instances such as in 1912.

It’s the ultimate tragic irony of the GOP today.

Absolutely, unequivocally true. The GOP has no idea how many people they chase away with the religious pandering. I have always held that this nation, as a whole would be center right if the right did not include the nut job religious trying to control morality.

Forum List

Back