Would that it were so easy

Most people do "forgive and forget" after an election. That hasn't stopped the GOP from going as far as questioning the citizenship of the POTUS. 3 1/2 years later the GOP still can't get over the fact that Obama is president.

The GOP is not questioning his citizenship.

Only a pack of single brain cell retards are doing that, when they are not busy talking about thermite or moon landing hoaxes. :cuckoo:

Not talking about his citizenship. People have been bitching about him since day one, since he was elected - but we're supposed to sing "onward and upward" the day after Walker wins?

My ass.

Really? The day after is forgive & forget time? I had no idea.

So what is the accepted time frame for holding a grudge? A week? A month? Forever and ever amen?

Is there a time limit on mourning, too?

Natural is natural. We forgive when it's time. And I'd know, because I'm not one for holding a grudge, as anybody can see between my first and second stay here.

And apparently Gov. Walker is not one for holding a grudge, as he would like to put this behind him now.

The Associated Press: Walker to mend political divide with brats, beer

Gov. Scott Walker, fresh from becoming the nation's first governor to survive a recall election, wants to go about mending Wisconsin's political divide in an egalitarian way: over brats and beer.
/snip
"Now it is time to move on and move forward in Wisconsin," Walker said in his speech. "Tomorrow is the day after the election, and tomorrow we are no longer opponents."

Who knew he was that clueless.

yep... people who think they can fix things with a beer summit are the dumbest of the dumb...

So if it's true of Obama, it's true of Walker.

Finally.

So what is the accepted time frame for holding a grudge? A week? A month? Forever and ever amen?

Is there a time limit on mourning, too?

Natural is natural. We forgive when it's time. And I'd know, because I'm not one for holding a grudge, as anybody can see between my first and second stay here.

And apparently Gov. Walker is not one for holding a grudge, as he would like to put this behind him now.

Yeah, well; he's not the one ass up over a barrel, either.

Lemme see if I understand your point:

GOP wins, Dems whine they must represent all the people and be bipartisan.
GOP wins and wants to reach across the aisle, Dems whine it isn't enough.
Dems win and declare "elections have consequences."
Dems win and then whine GOP is blocking them when they can enact any legislation they want.

You are one clueless stupid broad.

True. And Obama can hold a beer summit and pretend that it solved problems, but Walker offering up brats and beer at a meeting to open up the lines of communication is stupid.

Dems took back the Senate, Walker retained the Governor's post. So, the net gain was on the Dems side.

Except for the fact that the Senate doesn't convene again until January. Which is after 16 seats are decided in the November election.

If the Republicans have the majority after Nov., yesterday's victory will be pretty hollow.

Most people do "forgive and forget" after an election. That hasn't stopped the GOP from going as far as questioning the citizenship of the POTUS. 3 1/2 years later the GOP still can't get over the fact that Obama is president.

Only a pack of single brain cell retards are doing that, when they are not busy talking about thermite or moon landing hoaxes. :cuckoo:

Not talking about his citizenship. People have been bitching about him since day one, since he was elected - but we're supposed to sing "onward and upward" the day after Walker wins?

My ass.

It wasn't even a warranted recall election. It was bitch fit by people who don't like it if they don't get their way and will never be satisfied unless they do. Democracy be damned. There's nothing wrong with a continued fight for beliefs and ideals but the way democrats went about it throughout this entire time in Wisconsin all the way back to senators leaving the state was just absolutely childish and pathetic, the likes of which I've never seen ... and that's saying a lot given the state of politics these days. It set a bad precedent in Wisconsin politics. What's to stop Republicans from doing the exact same thing now if and when Democrats ever get back in power?

My ass.

It wasn't even a warranted recall election. It was bitch fit by people who don't like it if they don't get their way and will never be satisfied unless they do. Democracy be damned. There's nothing wrong with a continued fight for beliefs and ideals but the way democrats went about it throughout this entire time in Wisconsin all the way back to senators leaving the state was just absolutely childish and pathetic, the likes of which I've never seen ... and that's saying a lot given the state of politics these days. It set a bad precedent in Wisconsin politics. What's to stop Republicans from doing the exact same thing now if and when Democrats ever get back in power?

They don't have as much money.

My ass.

They don't have as much money.
Rote boilerplate lolberal answer to virtually every "problem". :lmao:

Brats and beer?

Why wouldn't it work? Obama doesn't even serve brats at his beer summits and those seem to work...

Those? I missed the others.

Okay, so there was just one that I know of. You caught me. I was exaggerating in an effort to be humorous...

If it was any beer other than American, I'd be past due for a summit, I tell you what.

When i was in Germany a couple years ago my son got us ONE bottle of the World Best Beer. That's what it was named...a friend of his bought it for him when he went to Switzerland or somewhere (it was over $20 a bottle!). Have you ever had "sipping" beer? Wow...this stuff was STRONG! I could feel it burn all the way down to my belly! I really don't like dark beer at all, but i had to split this with my son. Only a half a bottle would get you looped! Lol!

Those? I missed the others.

Okay, so there was just one that I know of. You caught me. I was exaggerating in an effort to be humorous...

If it was any beer other than American, I'd be past due for a summit, I tell you what.

Oh no, there are great American beers out there.

Try a Moose Drool brown ale fro the Big Sky Brewing Company in Missoula Montana...

Damn. Now I'm thirsty...

Wow, who knew that trying to mend fences equals being clueless?

I guess President Obama was clueless when he held his "beer summit".

No. Thinking that the day after, we'd all be one big happy family is stupidity of monumental depths.

Well, that depends.... are we talking about the playground or grown up work? Because - if Barrett had won - you would expect the GOP to behave like fucking grown ups... and put their state above their petty bullshit.... as would I.

Pathetic children should not be in control of anything... yet alone a fucking government.

Oh no, there are great American beers out there.

Try a Moose Drool brown ale fro the Big Sky Brewing Company in Missoula Montana...

Damn. Now I'm thirsty...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/general-discussion/227410-best-beer.html

Wow, who knew that trying to mend fences equals being clueless?

I guess President Obama was clueless when he held his "beer summit".

No. Thinking that the day after, we'd all be one big happy family is stupidity of monumental depths.

Well, that depends.... are we talking about the playground or grown up work? Because - if Barrett had won - you would expect the GOP to behave like fucking grown ups... and put their state above their petty bullshit.... as would I.

Pathetic children should not be in control of anything... yet alone a fucking government.

Oh, no doubt.

And your mouth to Boehner/Cantor/O'Connell's ears.

Forum List

Back