Would someone explain why shipping oil by tanker

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
on the open ocean with all the risks that we have experienced with the Exxon Valdez that environmentalists and others including Obama were against a pipeline that at any one time carried less then 350 barrels of oil in one mile of pipe?

Would someone explain how it would be safer to ship 1 million barrels a day in one tanker on the ocean exposing millions of wildlife, 1,000s of miles to damage if like Exxon Valdez an accident occurs?

I guess I don't understand how a pipeline that travels primarily over land that is quickly controlled through valves and accessible by interstates carrying at most 350 barrels in one mile of pipe be environmentally more risky then 1 million barrels in 1 ship per day?

on the open ocean with all the risks that we have experienced with the Exxon Valdez that environmentalists and others including Obama were against a pipeline that at any one time carried less then 350 barrels of oil in one mile of pipe?

Would someone explain how it would be safer to ship 1 million barrels a day in one tanker on the ocean exposing millions of wildlife, 1,000s of miles to damage if like Exxon Valdez an accident occurs?

I guess I don't understand how a pipeline that travels primarily over land that is quickly controlled through valves and accessible by interstates carrying at most 350 barrels in one mile of pipe be environmentally more risky then 1 million barrels in 1 ship per day?
Liberals and other opponents of the development of US oil producing capabilities will use any argument they can to "justify" their plan to keep the US dependent on other nations for energy.

You are absolutely right about the disproportionate exposure to environmental damage from the tanker full of oil in the ocean and the pipeline full of oil underground (or above ground for that matter). Shipping oil by tanker is just a way of preventing private enterprise from investing in the jobs and materials manufacture that would take place in the building of a pipeline.

Obama would rather we spent money borrowed from China to pay for oil sold by his Muslim friends at some arbitrarily derived price than to lower the price of oil by producing it ourselves.

Obama is an anti-American asshole!

I'd like to know why the concern about polluting an aquifer that's been polluted by agriculture for decades now. No one seems to mind the agri-destruction of our nation.

Forum List

Back