Would Romney really be that bad a President?

I tend to think so. A lot of Republicans do too. He doesn't seem to exhibit any real understanding of the pressures that most Americans face. Not that President Obama has his finger on the pulse of America but if we expect our President to be somewhat engaged, Romney doesn't seem to be the guy.

Romney is playing the game that he needs to play to get the nomination. If he gets the nod and is elected EVERYONE knows that he will once again become a moderate. You need to look at his record of governing, not the BS that he is putting out there now.

McCain also played the game and lost lots of votes, including mine, when he hugged W and said how far right he was. Could the same thing happen to Mitt? Yup...

I think Mitt would be a terrible President. He is not right or left, he is just saying whatever he needs to say to try NOT to cause controversy. We need controversy today, we have huge issues. I think Obama going to win again. Not because of the great job he has done, but because all four of the candidates still standing are more flawed than him. We should be talking about jobs, the economy, young people at war and reducing the deficit, but we are wasting our time trying to take away contraception medicine from the 99% of women that use it some for health care alone.

The more the GOP talks, the further from the Oval Office they are getting. My understanding is the George Will is coming out with a piece on Sunday that says the GOP should give up on winning the Oval Office and concentrate on keeping their majority in the House and trying to get the Senate so to have some power over the next four years. I don't disagree with that as none of the current field is beating a flawed Obama.

If the Republcians don't go with Romney it could mean big trouble for Republicans, perhaps the end of their party. A new conservative party would replace it, however, as has been done in the past.
Romney's goals seem very flexible, able to adopt to different moods quite easily. He would never understand the real America no matter how long in office even, as he doesn't today. But maybe that's OK, I mean a president that's in one world and the nation in another. I'm sure we have had presidents that were out of the mainstream before. I can't recall any off-hand so it might be a first and who knows it might work? What's the alternative?

I think Mitt would be a terrible President. He is not right or left, he is just saying whatever he needs to say to try NOT to cause controversy. We need controversy today, we have huge issues. I think Obama going to win again. Not because of the great job he has done, but because all four of the candidates still standing are more flawed than him. We should be talking about jobs, the economy, young people at war and reducing the deficit, but we are wasting our time trying to take away contraception medicine from the 99% of women that use it some for health care alone.

The more the GOP talks, the further from the Oval Office they are getting. My understanding is the George Will is coming out with a piece on Sunday that says the GOP should give up on winning the Oval Office and concentrate on keeping their majority in the House and trying to get the Senate so to have some power over the next four years. I don't disagree with that as none of the current field is beating a flawed Obama.

So your message in essence is, the possible flaws are to great, so we must support crony corruption. We must support the continued path to bankruptcy.

Did you have something in mind as a parting gift?

I'm happy to have that argument about which is more engaged with the man or woman on the street. "Corporations are people my friend" is not going to play in Peoria in a time of record corporate profits. Look, if you want to point to Obama as an elitist snob of the left wing, you could probably paint that picture pretty effectively. But it's hard to do that when you are running an elitist snob of the right wing--on steroids-- as the counter-balance.

It's not the argument I have with Obama... believe me I have plenty against the guy.... But then again, I am not the one who started a thread about this position with Romney

Corporations are people, just like partnerships or marriages are people. The simple fact that we refer to corporations as some alien entity, does not negate that a corporation is a group of people using a standard organizational form for some businesses. :tongue:

First lib I've seen that will admit that Obama is not quite as fucked up as the GOP field, but still pretty fucked up.

It's also clear Obama isn't addressing the issues you feel are important, like decreasing the deficit, jobs, improving the economy, etc.

But of course you're concerns about the removal of contraceptions is totally unfounded. Go to Walmart. You can get month's supply of BC pills for $9, a box of rubbers for $5. I don't see anyone trying to stop that.

Romney's already lining up old Bushies to populate his cabinet.

Oh, geeze!!! That's scary!!

I know.

Scary thought.

Government that works rather than cast blame and cause divisions.

Real scary.

I don't see how you can say that the current government has caused division. The bad sport, sore losers are the ones that did that. More commonly known as the Republican leadership.

I tend to think so. A lot of Republicans do too. He doesn't seem to exhibit any real understanding of the pressures that most Americans face. Not that President Obama has his finger on the pulse of America but if we expect our President to be somewhat engaged, Romney doesn't seem to be the guy.

He was like 47th in job creation when governor. He lost a second term by how much?

He tied his dog to the roof of his car for a ride that lasted 12 hours. Then the dog ran away.

These are not signs of good judgement. But cruelty and ignorance.

I always think threads like this are a joke - and then I read a few of the rw comments and I'm left just shaking my head in disbelief.

The GObP/Repubs are ANTI-job, ANTI-economy, ANTI-America, ANTI-Americans.

The GObP/Repubs are PRO-foreign business, PRO-off shore banking, PRO-off shore investment.

President Obama - almost 4 MILLION NEW JOBS and untold number of saved jobs, constantly growing economy and literally saved one in ten existing jobs.

Note that according to Lutz, the ex GM chairman, current Repub, conservative, one in ten American jobs are related to the auto industry. IOW, Mittens and the other R's wanted to trash one in ten jobs.

Why would anyone who has ever worked for someone else vote for any Repubican? I refuse to believe that ALL rw's are so stupid they don't realize they are voting against their own self interest and that of their families and children. Some rw's DO know that.

And yet, read their posts here.

DUH.

He was like 47th in job creation when governor. He lost a second term by how much?
He tied his dog to the roof of his car for a ride that lasted 12 hours. Then the dog ran away.

He didn't run for a second term. At least learn what you are talking about.

Also, the dog thing is kind of silly.

It's also not true. The triip was in 1983. The dog, Seamus, lived to a ripe old age.

Did Romney's Dog Run Away When It Got to Canada? - Forbes

The dog story is another liberal lie.

How about obama's drug addiction?

It's also not true. The triip was in 1983. The dog, Seamus, lived to a ripe old age.

What lie?

Well, it's not a complete lie. He did strap the poor animal to a roof and it shat itself.

It's also not relevent to why Romney is a horrible human being and would be a horrible president.

I guess it's human nature, but the fact that what he did to a stupid dog offends people more than what he did to thousands of workers at AmPad, DDi, Damon Medical, GS Steel and other companies he looted says a lot about where we are at as a country.

A drug addiction??? Funny, I have never heard that before. He must have been in rehab then, right?? Where was it and how long was he there??

I always think threads like this are a joke - and then I read a few of the rw comments and I'm left just shaking my head in disbelief.

The GObP/Repubs are ANTI-job, ANTI-economy, ANTI-America, ANTI-Americans.

The GObP/Repubs are PRO-foreign business, PRO-off shore banking, PRO-off shore investment.

President Obama - almost 4 MILLION NEW JOBS and untold number of saved jobs, constantly growing economy and literally saved one in ten existing jobs.

Note that according to Lutz, the ex GM chairman, current Repub, conservative, one in ten American jobs are related to the auto industry. IOW, Mittens and the other R's wanted to trash one in ten jobs.

Why would anyone who has ever worked for someone else vote for any Repubican? I refuse to believe that ALL rw's are so stupid they don't realize they are voting against their own self interest and that of their families and children. Some rw's DO know that.

And yet, read their posts here.

DUH.

As I recall when I started the thread, it was an attempt to get some positions staked out. One thing is sure, the GOP doesn't like Romney much more than anyone else. Which harkens back to your final point; voting against their own interests. Strange.

Forum List

Back