CDZ Would Police Dogs be an effective means to neutralize school shooters?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Given that most of the shooting in a school attack happens without warning and is over within a few minutes, rapid response is essential. Would a Police Dog under the control of a patrolling officer be effective against a shooter? I believe it would. The dog could also be outfitted with a bullet proof vest to increase it's chances of surviving. What do you think?

Sounds better than forcing me to buy an AR from a drug dealer in the hood

Given that most of the shooting in a school attack happens without warning and is over within a few minutes, rapid response is essential. Would a Police Dog under the control of a patrolling officer be effective against a shooter? I believe it would. The dog could also be outfitted with a bullet proof vest to increase it's chances of surviving. What do you think?

Interesting idea, but Gary Larson beat you to the punch on this one

MA97dmo.jpg

Big dogs in schools alone might work.....and a calming influence on students too.

Big dogs in schools alone might work.....and a calming influence on students too.

The type of dogs you train to charge after a person with a gun are not the type of dogs you have in contact with the general population.

What would happen to children who are afraid of the dogs? I think Bengal Tigers would be more appropriate way to stop school shootings, and easy to feed since Michael Obama's food for school program has plenty of left overs.. but if a person doesn't follow the GUN FREE ZONE law and enters with a weapon, the tiger who cant read either is there to stop the shooter..

warning_dont_feed_the_animals_postcard-p239545151739804639qibm_400.jpg

MA97dmo.jpg
Whatever happed to Gary Larson?

MA97dmo.jpg
Whatever happed to Gary Larson?

He didn't want the Far Side to go on forever so he retired. He probably makes enough on royalties and book sales to get by.

That's an idea worth exploring. It's expensive to train a police dog but may well be worth it.

What works will never become common practice. A vicious dog would scare the hell out of would-be attackers but also scare children or harm unruly students. Teachers with guns would be a threat to Swat teams. I suggest a fence topped with razor wire. Metal detection equipment. Security similar to airports with TSA officials at every entrance/exit. 99. 99% of the problem solved.

What works will never become common practice. A vicious dog would scare the hell out of would-be attackers but also scare children or harm unruly students. Teachers with guns would be a threat to Swat teams. I suggest a fence topped with razor wire. Metal detection equipment. Security similar to airports with TSA officials at every entrance/exit. 99. 99% of the problem solved.

Yes turn our schools into prisons...... No thank you

Yes turn our schools into prisons...... No thank you
Better that than crime scenes.

That's an idea worth exploring. It's expensive to train a police dog but may well be worth it.

A police dog for every school in America? Do you people all suck at math?

Read my thread title. I was not exploring cost I was exploring feasibility.

Lots of people are talking about adding security guards, tunnels, metal detectors- all expensive. You pooh-pooh a trained dog. Pffft.

Forum List

Back