Would Obama have been elected if...

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
... he had married a white girl instead of Michelle, who in the words of Katt Williams, is "a thoroughbred ******?"

:eusa_think:

Well he wouldn't have been elected if Bill Cosby hadn't done the Cosby show in the 80's. :lol:

• Banned
Awwww come on now!

If you're gonna neg me, at least post your criticism in public for all to see. :lol:

Would Obama have been elected if ... he was clear and honest about his progressive agenda?

You mean:

I will increase government spending
I will increase governemnt control
I will have no less than 30 lobbyists in the WH
I will not read the bills entirley
I will not cut out pork
I will chastise business owners and refer to them as greedy and uinpatriotic
I will reward the irresponsible and punish the responsible
I will ridicule anyone who speaks out about me
I will bring on advisors with shady backgrounds and with shady remarks in their backgrounds

You dont think he would have gotten the swing vote if he was honest? Is that what you are saying?

Would Obama have been elected if ... he was clear and honest about his progressive agenda?

After the Bush years, and after McCain put Palin on the ticket, the Democrats could have ran anyone, anyone, anyone, and won 2008 in a landslide.

And ironically, Obama is about as Progressive as Bush and McCain were. On national security Obama and Bush have turned out to be almost indistiguishable, and during the election McCain and Obama had nearly identical stances on every issue but whether or not to tax health care benefits from your employer. And now, if I understand correctly, even that's on the table for Obama.

GOP, DNC, its all pretty much the same now.

After the Bush years, and after McCain put Palin on the ticket, the Democrats could have ran anyone, anyone, anyone, and won 2008 in a landslide.

And ironically, Obama is about as Progressive as Bush and McCain were. On national security Obama and Bush have turned out to be almost indistiguishable, and during the election McCain and Obama had nearly identical stances on every issue but whether or not to tax health care benefits from your employer. And now, if I understand correctly, even that's on the table for Obama.

GOP, DNC, its all pretty much the same now.

I disagree.

Despite having the majority of the young vote, the black vote and the disenchanted vote, he still only won by 6 points.

Add in that he promised a check in the mail to 95% of the people...DURING A RECESSION.....I would say that he had to lie to win.

Like I said earlier...no way the moderates and independants would have voted for him if he said he was going to increase spending and NOT change Washington....

You mean:

I will increase government spending
I will increase governemnt control
I will have no less than 30 lobbyists in the WH
I will not read the bills entirley
I will not cut out pork
I will chastise business owners and refer to them as greedy and uinpatriotic
I will reward the irresponsible and punish the responsible
I will ridicule anyone who speaks out about me
I will bring on advisors with shady backgrounds and with shady remarks in their backgrounds

You dont think he would have gotten the swing vote if he was honest? Is that what you are saying?

Yeah Oldandtired, I'd say the swing votes would have been a big bust with candidate Obama if that was the route he went. Too bad so many voted on emotion.

I disagree.

Despite having the majority of the young vote, the black vote and the disenchanted vote, he still only won by 6 points.

Add in that he promised a check in the mail to 95% of the people...DURING A RECESSION.....I would say that he had to lie to win.

Like I said earlier...no way the moderates and independants would have voted for him if he said he was going to increase spending and NOT change Washington....

Way to spin spin spin. Lets forget that Obama carried even Red strongholds like Indiana, where even the Democrats are Republicans.

Bush's 2 terms were a disaster for the GOP and McCain's pick of Palin was poison to the swing voters. Obama owes Palin and Bush a thank you card.

... he had married a white girl instead of Michelle, who in the words of Katt Williams, is "a thoroughbred ******?"

:eusa_think:

There are no black people. They've just got black shoe polish smeared on their bodies. I saw it on a "Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In" skit back in the 70s so I know it's true.

That would be a big fat no.

Actually yes.

See what republicans failed to understand was that how they campaigned hurt them.

Recall, we were all going to die if we elect Democrats could be inferred from many ot the republican campaigns. Thus producing a "Show me dammit" attitude in the general public which sent the Republicans packing.

Now the republicans, using simple campaign tactics, are posed to gain seats this fall. ut notice that the "we are all going to die" rhetoric has disappeared. They can not use it because we are still alive.:lol:

That would be a big fat no.

Actually yes.

See what republicans failed to understand was that how they campaigned hurt them.

Recall, we were all going to die if we elect Democrats could be inferred from many ot the republican campaigns. Thus producing a "Show me dammit" attitude in the general public which sent the Republicans packing.

Now the republicans, using simple campaign tactics, are posed to gain seats this fall. ut notice that the "we are all going to die" rhetoric has disappeared. They can not use it because we are still alive.:lol:

Hate to remind you of this...it was Obama that ran on the fear of the people.

"worst economy since the great depression"
"Catastrophy"
"Cirsis"

And my favorite....

"are you better today than you were 8 years ago"

Actually, yes....most of us were better in mid 2008 than we were 8 years prior......

But somehow he created such fear that people believed otherwise.

But everyone I asked first said "I am worse off now"...and when I asked them to recall how trhey were in 2000, they had nicer homes now, nicer cars, better salaries, bmore invested, more saved...more TV's.....etc.

Obama played on fear.......dont recall the republicans doing that in 2008

Forum List

Back