Would Mitt Romney renounce his citizenship to avoid paying taxes?

My bet is that the candidate sho refused to wear the flag pin and whose wife said "All this for a flag," would be first to renounce their citizenship before the candidate who made his success in this country.
If he made his success in this country why doesn't he pay the same tax rate as the rest of us?

Better yet.

Why didn't he sign up for a war he fully supported?

My bet is that the candidate sho refused to wear the flag pin and whose wife said "All this for a flag," would be first to renounce their citizenship before the candidate who made his success in this country.
If he made his success in this country why doesn't he pay the same tax rate as the rest of us?

Better yet.

Why didn't he sign up for a war he fully supported?
I don't know about him, but I do know his sons didn't go to Iraq because they were serving the country by campaigning for Mitt!

All those blind trusts! Heck, he doesn't even know what his money is doing or where it is!

Boy, these wealthy Conservatives. First McCain didn't know how many houses he had, and now the Mitt-ster doesn't know where his all money is?

:rofl:

That is the point of a blind trust. You dont know where your money is being invested so you have no conflicts of interest in public service.

But then you might like the idea of a politician using his position to make money.

clueless?

Oh the Mitt-ster knows where his blind trust is, it's in a blind trust. The fact is Romney forgets where HE-Romney stashed all the wealth he is trying to hide.

Stop trying to deflect with imbecilities about blind trusts.

Now Romney can reuse his old line: “I’m not familiar with precisely what I said, but I stand by what I said, whatever it was...I’ll go back and take a look at what was said there.” - Mitt Romney

He has paid tax before he put his money in tax deferred investments. The man knows economics and how to invest. Sounds like we need him in Washington, doesn't it?

He has paid tax before he put his money in tax deferred investments. The man knows economics and how to invest. Sounds like we need him in Washington, doesn't it?
Really? What tax did he pay? The only time he was gainfully employed was a governor of MA. All his moolah is either inherited or invested in tax deferred and/or offshore investments.

So no, he doesn't sound like anyone we need in Washington. Just like it turned out they didn't need him in MA.

Capital gains tax is different from income tax. Once you've paid your higher income tax, you invest it (at a risk) and any profits are taxed at a lower rate if it is invested long term. That is available to all of us.

Really? What tax did he pay? The only time he was gainfully employed was a governor of MA. All his moolah is either inherited or invested in tax deferred and/or offshore investments.

So no, he doesn't sound like anyone we need in Washington. Just like it turned out they didn't need him in MA.

Any money he inherited he gave to charity. Tax deferred accounts are very common to everyone. We are taxed on the money when we take it out. There are limits of insurance on accounts. He has to spread his money around. Whether they are off shore or here, they are subject to the same taxes.

Last edited:

Capital gains tax is different from income tax. Once you've paid your higher income tax, you invest it (at a risk) and any profits are taxed at a lower rate if it is invested long term. That is available to all of us.

So is being a ditch-digger a risk. You didn't answer the question.

deflection08x11r.jpg

Any money he inherited he gave to charity. Tax deferred accounts are very common to everyone. We are taxed on the money when we take it out. There are limits of insurance on accounts. He has to spread his money around. Whether they are off shore or here, they are subject to the same taxes.
I know that is what Mitt claims. But he also claims he had nothing to do with Bain after 1999 and it is starting to look like he lied about that.

Maybe if he releases his tax documents we will see what he did and did not inherit.

New Topics

Forum List

Back