Would Jesus Make a Good President?

But in the Gospel According to John, Jesus is quoted as saying this:

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do..." John 14:12.

So if Jesus is made President, we can expect a whole bunch of power given to the people to do the things he did,.

There is no evidence that Judas was anything other than a good steward of the treasury to which he was trusted. And he didn't betray Jesus for the money but I believe it was on the theory that Jesus would then be forced to out himself as the authority that he was. When that turned out so badly he was so devastated that he killed himself. An evil person. No, I don't think so. Just a badly misguided one. And given the incredible track record of others that Jesus called, I would trust him to recruit and train a cabinet anytime.

Jesus would protect and defend the children, and while he did not promote or advocate war, neither did he condemn it. In fact in his words he said there would always be war and rumors of war. Did that suggest that war was an inevitable condition of humankind? Or could it also suggest that at least some war will sometimes be necessary at least until He installs Peace on Earth?

And Jesus had a way of cutting through the crap and getting to the heart of matters, he was well educated, he was innovative, and quite intelligent.

He would not look to government as the solution for anything, but rather would look to the people to exercise compassion, good judgment, sound economic principles (including capitalism), traditional values, personal industriousness and accountability, and moral integrity to solve problems. That would be a refreshing change, yes?

I think he has better credentials to be President than a number of the people we have put into the White House. If he runs, he'll have my vote.

Hmmm.....I seem to remember something about Judas skimming the till so to speak. As I don't know the specific scripture off the top of my head to support that I will not profess it as truth but simply say I think there was something about that. Let me do some looking and I will get back to you on that point. ;)

Seriously though I think you make some very compelling points that are influential regarding my own opinion.

Of course not. Jesus would end every social service the government provides and urge individuals to give of their own to the needy. To the rest, it would be work or starve.

Jesus would not get involved with anything government much less run for any government office.

I am of several minds on this and am still mulling it over. I am interested in other opinions. Please don't just say "yes" or "no". Explain specifically what characteristics Jesus demonstrated in practice or his teaching that supports your position. I will give my answer when I reach it. :lol:

Your question refers to Jesus the Icon or Jesus just the guy ?
Would he still have his 'Powers' and would everyone know him as 'Jesus son of God' or would he be just another unknown guy running for office ?

I am of several minds on this and am still mulling it over. I am interested in other opinions. Please don't just say "yes" or "no". Explain specifically what characteristics Jesus demonstrated in practice or his teaching that supports your position. I will give my answer when I reach it. :lol:

He does not have to be the president of the United States,he is King of the Universe !

Forum List

Back