Would Jesus condemn or condone the OWS movement?

Would Jesus condemn or condone the OWS movement?

• Total voters
:eek:

Jesus wasn't wealthy. In fact, I do believe he was poor.

I guess we'll never really know the answer.

Where in the Bible does it say Jesus was poor?

Jesus wasn't poor. How many people do you think would convert to a religion started by a poor schmuck? No one. Jesus was a carpenter and made good money. He was also well known, and His education in the Egyptian Mystery School was alluded to many times. "Behold, I show you a mystery....."

He wasn't born in a stable because his family was poor. He was born in a stable because the inn was full. His family had enough money to owe taxes. That is why they were on the road when he was born, so they could pay their taxes.

There is a legend that He was initiated in the Great Pyramid. When he took His place in the sarcophagus the priest struck it three times with an instrument like a tuning fork. On the third strike, the corner broke off, and no one was ever initiated there again.

pyramids-37small.jpg
For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.

Like that faggot woman hating Paul knew or cared anything about Jesus. :rolleyes:

Where in the Bible does it say Jesus was poor?

Jesus wasn't poor. How many people do you think would convert to a religion started by a poor schmuck? No one. Jesus was a carpenter and made good money. He was also well known, and His education in the Egyptian Mystery School was alluded to many times. "Behold, I show you a mystery....."

He wasn't born in a stable because his family was poor. He was born in a stable because the inn was full. His family had enough money to owe taxes. That is why they were on the road when he was born, so they could pay their taxes.

There is a legend that He was initiated in the Great Pyramid. When he took His place in the sarcophagus the priest struck it three times with an instrument like a tuning fork. On the third strike, the corner broke off, and no one was ever initiated there again.

pyramids-37small.jpg
For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.

Like that faggot woman hating Paul knew or cared anything about Jesus. :rolleyes:

Not following. Are you saying Jesus didn't turn away worldly possessions and become poor? It's been a while since I read the bible or went to church, but most of his teachings hinge on humility and identifying with the down trodden. I find it hard to believe he'd be slipping into some rich person's home on a regular basis to bathe.

Not following. Are you saying Jesus didn't turn away worldly possessions and become poor? It's been a while since I read the bible or went to church, but most of his teachings hinge on humility and identifying with the down trodden. I find it hard to believe he'd be slipping into some rich person's home on a regular basis to bathe.

I'm saying that faggot woman hating Paul made up a lot of shit. Jesus was not poor. His group even had some money and Judas carried the 'purse.'

:rolleyes:

Yes, I'm sure they carried the purse around so Jesus could bathe daily, get a hair cut, and buy the latest fashions.

It's just amazing so many people that claim to be adherents to religion..know very little about the religions they came to adhere too.

:lol:

I think an example of that is a poster saying that Jesus would want someone stoned for committing rape....there's nothing to support that whatsoever.

:rolleyes:

Yes, I'm sure they carried the purse around so Jesus could bathe daily, get a hair cut, and buy the latest fashions.

That's simply not true. They used the money to buy bread and wine to use in their act. :eusa_whistle:

What law did he break? Even Pilate could find no fault.

Jesus didn't break any Roman law. What he did, was break Jewish law. The Pharasies couldn't have a Jewish man running around telling them how greedy they were.

The Roman governors were responsible for keeping the peace.

But Jesus broke no law (Roman or Mosaic), which was the point you were trying to make. The Pharisees even tried a number of times to entrap Jesus into choosing between Roman or Mosaic in order to have him captured (e.g., taxes to Caesar; the adulterous woman).

Pilate ended up trying to satifsy a mob for peace. The mob even requested a murderer/insurrectionist (Barabbas) to be released instead of the innocent Jesus.

Mobs are dangerous things, and that is how the OWS movement acts.
Yes indeed they are. You truly have a thorough understanding of the light of the world. It's a joy to read your posts.

Jesus liked children and poor people. He also opposed greed. Jesus drove the money changers from the temple. Jesus would be with the OWS movement. Jesus would see the good intention in OWS people.

Last edited:
Depends--

1)How does Jesus feel about Usury?

2)Are the OWS protestors angry with usury, or the people that use it to make fantastic amounts of wealth?

The second question should be big with Jesus , since he also said "hate the sin, love the sinner!". He would probably find fault with those that do not demand the end to a "sinful" practice but wish to incorporate the "fruits" of sin into other projects and therefore sanctioning the sinful. Jesus would then find fault with the OWS.

Forum List

Back