Would It Kill Us to Apologize to Iran for the Coup?

If we do not nuke iran, we are not safeguarding the christian world. Then we impeach the idiot who is president.

Nuking Iran will only destroy what little credibility we have left in the world, and inspire far more hatred for the United States within the Muslim world. Not to mention all the innocent Iranian civilians that will suffer as a result. It is not the duty of the United States to safeguard the Christian world. We should be spreading diplomacy, not nuclear war.

But the Christian Right believes that it's the duty of America to uphold the values of the Christian world, even through military force.
wrong

Right.

As I noted during Bush's presidency:

We have seen a recurrence of Christian terrorism, and we have seen it manifested through American foreign policy under the Bush regime. George Bush believes that the “war on terror” is a “crusade,” in his words. His views on American foreign policy are informed by the book of Revelations. The evangelical cult that Bush is a member of believes that conflicts in the Middle East are a sign of the end times, and would likely be all too willing to welcome a nuclear conflagration to speed up the occurrence of the Rapture and the subsequent Great Tribulation. Bush likely believes that Hamas, the Palestinian Liberation Organization, and other foes of Israel are influenced by demonic forces, no matter if they are democratically elected governments or not. Hence, his religious beliefs are the guiding principles behind his support for campaigns that strengthen American and Israeli influence in the Middle East, even at the cost of innocent lives. The rationale behind his fierce opposition to Israel’s enemies is captured in these Bible passages:

Now the word of the LORD came to me, saying, “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him,” and say, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal. I will turn you around, put hooks into your jaws, and lead you out, with all your army, horses, and horsemen, all splendidly clothed, a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords. Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya are with them, all of them with shield and helmet. Gomer and all its troops; the house of Togarmah from the far north and all its troops-many people are with you.
-Ezekiel 38:1-6

“Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say to Gog, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “On that day when My people Israel dwell safely, will you not know it? Then you will come from your place out of the far north, you and many people with you, all of them riding on horses, a great company and a mighty army. You will come up against My people Israel like a cloud, to cover the land. It will be in the latter days that I will bring you against My land, so that the nations may know Me, when I am hallowed in you, O Gog, before their eyes.”
-Ezekiel 38:14-16

And you, son of man, prophesy against Gog, and say, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal; and I will turn you around and lead you on, bringing you up from the far north, and bring you against the mountain of Israel. Then I will knock the bow out of your left hand, and cause the arrows to fall out of your right hand. You shall fall upon the mountains of Israel, you and all your troops and the peoples who are with you; I will give you to birds of prey of every sort and to the beasts of the field to be devoured. You shall fall upon the mountains of Israel, you and all your troops and the peoples who are with you; I will give you to birds of prey of every sort and to the beasts of the field to be devoured. You shall fall on the open field; for I have spoken,” says the Lord GOD. “And I will send fire on Magog and on those who live in security on the coastlands. They shall know that I am the LORD.”
-Ezekiel 39:1-6

Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and their beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them. The devil, who had deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
-Revelations 20:7-10

It is important to note the specific nations mentioned by God as he speaks to Ezekiel. Meshech and Tubal are two peoples in the area of Magog, or modern-day Turkey. Rosh is thought to be the chief prince of both, and the verse should be properly translated “chief prince of Meshech and Tubal.” Libya is a Muslim nation west of Egypt, and a traditional enemy of the United States, although its President, Qadafi, has eased tensions somewhat recently. Ethiopia is directly south of Egypt, and it is possible that it could be included in a coalition involving Egypt and its surrounding neighbors. Persia, of course, is modern day Iran. The footnotes of the Life Application Study Bible perhaps summarize this issue best with this section: “In chapter 37, Ezekiel revealed how Israel (God’s people) would be restored to their land from many parts of the world. Once Israel became strong, a confederacy of nations from the north would attack, led by Gog (see also Revelation 20:8) Their purpose would be to destroy God’s people. Gog’s allies came from the mountainous area southeast of the Black Sea and southwest of the Caspian Sea (central Turkey), as well as from the area that is present day Iran, Ethiopia, Libya, and possibly [Russia]. Gog could possibly be a person, but from the context Gog could also be a symbol of all the evil in the world. Whether symbolic or literal, he represents the aggregate military might of all the forces opposed to God...God will intervene directly in the defense of Israel, unleashing severe natural disasters on the invaders from the north. In the end the stricken heathen nations will turn upon themselves in confusion and panic. All those who set themselves against God will be destroyed.”

Evangelical and fundamentalist Christians believe that the powers mentioned in these passages are intended to symbolize modern day Islamic nations and their war against Israel. Since they believe Israel to be God’s chosen nation, they believe that military actions that support Israel are done in service of God, no matter their other consequences or social costs. Hence, despite the state terrorism that Israel is frequently guilty of, the Christian denomination that Bush, Palin, and the rest are members of think it wholly acceptable to commit violent actions against Arab and Islamic nations “in the service of God.”

It must be noted that behind Bush’s pseudo John Wayne swagger and inarticulateness is a fundamental belief that he has been appointed by God to fight the demonic religion of Islam, and will be rewarded in heaven for his efforts. As commander-in-chief of the American military, he has carried out his disastrous campaigns time and time again.

But the Christian Right believes that it's the duty of America to uphold the values of the Christian world, even through military force.
wrong

Right.

As I noted during Bush's presidency:

We have seen a recurrence of Christian terrorism, and we have seen it manifested through American foreign policy under the Bush regime. George Bush believes that the “war on terror” is a “crusade,” in his words. His views on American foreign policy are informed by the book of Revelations. The evangelical cult that Bush is a member of believes that conflicts in the Middle East are a sign of the end times, and would likely be all too willing to welcome a nuclear conflagration to speed up the occurrence of the Rapture and the subsequent Great Tribulation. Bush likely believes that Hamas, the Palestinian Liberation Organization, and other foes of Israel are influenced by demonic forces, no matter if they are democratically elected governments or not. Hence, his religious beliefs are the guiding principles behind his support for campaigns that strengthen American and Israeli influence in the Middle East, even at the cost of innocent lives. The rationale behind his fierce opposition to Israel’s enemies is captured in these Bible passages:

Now the word of the LORD came to me, saying, “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him,” and say, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal. I will turn you around, put hooks into your jaws, and lead you out, with all your army, horses, and horsemen, all splendidly clothed, a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords. Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya are with them, all of them with shield and helmet. Gomer and all its troops; the house of Togarmah from the far north and all its troops-many people are with you.
-Ezekiel 38:1-6

“Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say to Gog, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “On that day when My people Israel dwell safely, will you not know it? Then you will come from your place out of the far north, you and many people with you, all of them riding on horses, a great company and a mighty army. You will come up against My people Israel like a cloud, to cover the land. It will be in the latter days that I will bring you against My land, so that the nations may know Me, when I am hallowed in you, O Gog, before their eyes.”
-Ezekiel 38:14-16

And you, son of man, prophesy against Gog, and say, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal; and I will turn you around and lead you on, bringing you up from the far north, and bring you against the mountain of Israel. Then I will knock the bow out of your left hand, and cause the arrows to fall out of your right hand. You shall fall upon the mountains of Israel, you and all your troops and the peoples who are with you; I will give you to birds of prey of every sort and to the beasts of the field to be devoured. You shall fall upon the mountains of Israel, you and all your troops and the peoples who are with you; I will give you to birds of prey of every sort and to the beasts of the field to be devoured. You shall fall on the open field; for I have spoken,” says the Lord GOD. “And I will send fire on Magog and on those who live in security on the coastlands. They shall know that I am the LORD.”
-Ezekiel 39:1-6

Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and their beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them. The devil, who had deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
-Revelations 20:7-10

It is important to note the specific nations mentioned by God as he speaks to Ezekiel. Meshech and Tubal are two peoples in the area of Magog, or modern-day Turkey. Rosh is thought to be the chief prince of both, and the verse should be properly translated “chief prince of Meshech and Tubal.” Libya is a Muslim nation west of Egypt, and a traditional enemy of the United States, although its President, Qadafi, has eased tensions somewhat recently. Ethiopia is directly south of Egypt, and it is possible that it could be included in a coalition involving Egypt and its surrounding neighbors. Persia, of course, is modern day Iran. The footnotes of the Life Application Study Bible perhaps summarize this issue best with this section: “In chapter 37, Ezekiel revealed how Israel (God’s people) would be restored to their land from many parts of the world. Once Israel became strong, a confederacy of nations from the north would attack, led by Gog (see also Revelation 20:8) Their purpose would be to destroy God’s people. Gog’s allies came from the mountainous area southeast of the Black Sea and southwest of the Caspian Sea (central Turkey), as well as from the area that is present day Iran, Ethiopia, Libya, and possibly [Russia]. Gog could possibly be a person, but from the context Gog could also be a symbol of all the evil in the world. Whether symbolic or literal, he represents the aggregate military might of all the forces opposed to God...God will intervene directly in the defense of Israel, unleashing severe natural disasters on the invaders from the north. In the end the stricken heathen nations will turn upon themselves in confusion and panic. All those who set themselves against God will be destroyed.”

Evangelical and fundamentalist Christians believe that the powers mentioned in these passages are intended to symbolize modern day Islamic nations and their war against Israel. Since they believe Israel to be God’s chosen nation, they believe that military actions that support Israel are done in service of God, no matter their other consequences or social costs. Hence, despite the state terrorism that Israel is frequently guilty of, the Christian denomination that Bush, Palin, and the rest are members of think it wholly acceptable to commit violent actions against Arab and Islamic nations “in the service of God.”

It must be noted that behind Bush’s pseudo John Wayne swagger and inarticulateness is a fundamental belief that he has been appointed by God to fight the demonic religion of Islam, and will be rewarded in heaven for his efforts. As commander-in-chief of the American military, he has carried out his disastrous campaigns time and time again.
thats utter BULLSHIT
typical for you though

If we do not nuke iran, we are not safeguarding the christian world. Then we impeach the idiot who is president.

Nuking Iran will only destroy what little credibility we have left in the world, and inspire far more hatred for the United States within the Muslim world. Not to mention all the innocent Iranian civilians that will suffer as a result. It is not the duty of the United States to safeguard the Christian world. We should be spreading diplomacy, not nuclear war.

Agreed.

You do not spread democracy at the barrel of a gun.

thats utter BULLSHIT
typical for you though

You're simply completely unfamiliar with the teachings of evangelical/fundamentalist Christians. Most of those verse references are from notes I took when I was an evangelical at a sermon on Middle East affairs and Bible prophecy.
then you attended some fucked up shit
no one i know asscribes to that nonsense nor did i see anything even remotely like that in the way Bush served as POTUS

btw, not the actual scriptures, but your analysis of them

Last edited:
no one i know asscribes to that nonsense nor did i see anything even remotely like that in the way Bush served as POTUS

Then you don't know the Christian Right of Falwell, Robertson, and Dobson. Don't pretend to.

Then you don't know the Christian Right of Falwell, Robertson, and Dobson. Don't pretend to.
Fallwell's, not so much, the other two, i do
and they never taught it that way
so stop lying

thats utter BULLSHIT
typical for you though

You're simply completely unfamiliar with the teachings of evangelical/fundamentalist Christians. Most of those verse references are from notes I took when I was an evangelical at a sermon on Middle East affairs and Bible prophecy.
For many years I was a hard core evengelical/fundamentalist Christian and was really into Bible prophecy concerning the End Times and the Middle East.

Gog and Magog were taught by Preachers as being the Soviet Union, and Communism was the evil religion embraced by the Anti-Christ and the Beast of Revelations.

The Christian bookstores were full of apocalyptic books explaining how Russia was going to invade Israel and start the battle of Armageddon. Thus initiating the return of Jesus and the End Times.

Then one day, the Berlin Wall fell and the Soviet Union and Communism just evaporated like a rain drop in the desert.

I never heard not even one Bible prophecy or End Times preacher say they were wrong or made a mistake. Many ministers had claimed divine revelation or that God had spoke to them about the comming end times events.

For several years there was complete silence................

Then slowly, I started hearing the exact same Preachers spewing the exact same nonsense.

Except now, various Muslim countries such as Syria, Iran, or Egypt had taken the place of Russia.

And the Islamic religion is now the feared demonic force. Where before it had been Communism.

Now you can go to the Christian bookstore and the shelves are full of books about Islam and End Times prophecy.

Agreed.

What?!

You mean you can't BOMB a nation's people into loving democracy?

Has anyone bothered to explain that to our foreign policy mavens?

I'm not sure they really get that.

For many years I was a hard core evengelical/fundamentalist Christian and was really into Bible prophecy concerning the End Times and the Middle East.

Gog and Magog were taught by Preachers as being the Soviet Union, and Communism was the evil religion embraced by the Anti-Christ and the Beast of Revelations.

The Christian bookstores were full of apocalyptic books explaining how Russia was going to invade Israel and start the battle of Armageddon. Thus initiating the return of Jesus and the End Times.

Then one day, the Berlin Wall fell and the Soviet Union and Communism just evaporated like a rain drop in the desert.

I never heard not even one Bible prophecy or End Times preacher say they were wrong or made a mistake. Many ministers had claimed divine revelation or that God had spoke to them about the comming end times events.

For several years there was complete silence................

Then slowly, I started hearing the exact same Preachers spewing the exact same nonsense.

Except now, various Muslim countries such as Syria, Iran, or Egypt had taken the place of Russia.

And the Islamic religion is now the feared demonic force. Where before it had been Communism.

Now you can go to the Christian bookstore and the shelves are full of books about Islam and End Times prophecy.

That's the obvious truth...some are too blind to see it. In fact, the quote I supplied in my analysis originally specified the Soviet Union...I replaced it with [Russia].

Agreed.

What?!

You mean you can't BOMB a nation's people into loving democracy?

Has anyone bothered to explain that to our foreign policy mavens?

I'm not sure they really get that.

Yes, you CAN spread democracy from the barrel of a gun, just look at Iraq. Hell, Hitlers Germany is also a great example of a nation that turned to democracy after they got bombed. The same can be said about Japan, and many other nations in world history. Enough with the bull shit peace mantra already, because it has no place in the real world. Sometimes you need bombs to spread democracy, because thats how you stop evil dictators. Do you guys even bother referencing world history before you come up with these silly ideas about what bombs can and cant accomplish?

Last edited:
Or overthrow them.

The first thing dictators take care of, is ensuring the people dont have the ability to overthrow them. Often times it requires another nation to remove them, through the use of military might.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back