Would it be OK if Christians stole a donkey for Jesus to ride?

Everything under the sun comes from God. You can't steal what is yours.

Jesus rode a colt which had never been ridden, and it was returned. Those who were standing near the colt were wondering what the heck the disciples were doing taking a colt instead of a full grown mule which would be better suited for riding.

As Jesus rode the colt, he wasn't treated like a thief by those people. He was treated like a king. That's why it is called Palm Sunday. They threw flowers and palm tree fronds in his path.

Actually, the palm branches are part of what is called the "four species":

On the first day you shall take the product of the goodly trees, branches of palm trees, boughs of leafy trees, and willows of the brook, and you shall rejoice before the Lord your God seven days. [Leviticus 23:40]

Those palm branches are called "lulav" in Hebrew and the waving of the four species has to do with the holiday called "Sukkot" - which comes a number of months BEFORE Pesach (Passover), but many people would keep the four species as long as they were good, right up to the beginning of Passover (as of which time no leavened products can be eaten and no leaven products can be in the household). In fact, many Jewish families even made a tradition of using the palm branches from Sukkot to sweep out any traces of leaven out of their homes starting the Shabbat the beginning of Pesach and the day that Jeshuah went through Jerusalem happened to be just the day after the Shabbat of this kind of preparation. Spring cleaning, as we call it, was invented by the Jews!

So, the New Testament wants it to sound like people heard about Jesus coming and they raced to get palm branches to wave at him in adoration, when in reality, those branches were likely from the last Sukkot festival and were being used for spring cleaning before the beginning of Pesach....

You see, learning history will keep it from biting you in the ass....

Not all branches of Christianity agree on things like the virgin birth. Some disagree very significantly from others on different things. Neat chart showing these differences here,

Comparison Chart of Beliefs of Christian Denominations Religion Facts

Search/Find down to Mary

gruenes-ei%20(2).jpg

I'm just a little curious as to what laws pertain to Christians. To disclose: I consider myself one, though frankly I doubt some of the myth, such as a virgin birth,

Your form of antimystic or antispiritual theology is senseless: Mary was without any doubt a young woman who was not married (=virgin) when god asked her to become the mother of his selve. She was free to give every answer and she was only able to do this decision with a completly free will. A completly free will needs innocence ("virginity") = the complete absence of sin. Mary was free in her decisions so she was without sin.

and a doubt the after life,

Do you doubt also about your prelife - your creation - your existance - or other things? Or do you only antibelieve what's the belief of others?

but faith is a struggle for all who seek.

Some are thinking about every single step - others are on their way home - with the help of god.

Still, it's Wed of Holy Week, and the whole saga in Ind and Ark, reminded me of one of the curious oddities in the bible.

On Palm Sunday (last Sunday) Jesus tells his disciples to steal him a donkey. ...

It was a nice donkey. His name was William.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back