Would Iran be in it's position to dominate the ME if the US had not attacked Iraq?

That's right. The US changed the balance of power. The US meddled. And look what happened. I'll bet I get very few honest answers from the right on this one!

The US? And by the US you mean the Left and obama?

Because the last time there was an American in the Whitehouse, the US was in Force on BOTH SIDES OF IRAQ... .

the op: another sheep/tool spewing dnc talking points. and quite a nasty little thing too. I'm about ready to put it on ignore already

like I said I'd bet they weren't born during Carter or knows anything about IRAN back then. but he's sold it's all our fault so no use wasting time

Can't admit the truth can you? Another low-information conservative. Feel free to put me on ignore, you're nothing but a partisan hack.

what I will admit is I don't let any punk ass talk to me the way you do the people on here. I hope everyone puts you on ignore, maybe then you'll slink back into your hole you crawled out of

Saddam was Iran's number one enemy. W invaded Iraq and Iran applauded. Have you been living in s cave since 2003?

Let's look at the situation when Bush left office Al-Qaeda in Iraq now known as ISIS had been defeated and run out of Iraq they controlled no land in Syria and Iran had no influence in Iraq what happened to change that? From the end of 2008 till December of 2011 things were fairly stable in the region at least by middle east standards but then because the Obama administration was either unable or unwilling take your pick to reach a SOFA extension all U.S. troops left Iraq and wasn't that the point when things began to change? The big change in my view came with civil war in Syria we didn't want to take a side in that so we sat back as the orginal pro democracy rebels got hammered by Assad and eventually got taken over by ISIS who made gains against Assad then two very key things one Iran began helping their long time ally Assad second after President Obama made his statement that if Assad used chemical weapons that would be crossing a red line and change and his calculus Assad did and the consequences were nothing. This was when both ISIS and Iran realizied the U.S. was not going to get involved in the region in any major way and both began expanding their power and influence in the region it is fair to question if Iran would have the power and influence in the region it now has it Iraq had not been invaded under Bush it is equally fair though to question if they would have it if Obama had made better foriegn policy decisions in region.

Saddam was Iran's number one enemy. W invaded Iraq and Iran applauded. Have you been living in s cave since 2003?
And then Obama pulled our troops out and gave Iraq to Iran....

You are nit too sharp huh? Malaki refused to give US soldiers protection against prosecution. No one wanted to see our soldiers on trisl. Use your Brain.

Actually, Malaki was known to have ties to Iran, and has actually been removed for corruption. The results of the withdrawal were foreseeable. Obama was duped.

Stei 11054578
One of the only upsides I could potentially see from a Jeb Bush administration is mitigating some of the fracture created by Obama with the Shias(In Iraq, Syria, and Yemen to name a few), and bring in Iran as more of a partner to fight ISIS.

How does Jeb Bush get the GOP nomination bringing Iran in as a partner to fight The Daesh terrorist scum in Iraq and Syria?
What does Stei 11054578 mean?

Obiw 11055969
Actually, Malaki was known to have ties to Iran, and has actually been removed for corruption. The results of the withdrawal were foreseeable. Obama was duped.

How was Obama duped. Since the beginning of taking over the messes that Bush left him, Obama wanted Maliki gone through a democratic process so American assistance would be most effective and beneficial to Iraq including Sunnis and Kurds. Obama was on it.

You don't know what you are tslking about.

Iran probably wouldn't be able to if Saddam was still in power.
Of course there is now way of knowing. Nor is there anyway of knowing what might have happened to Iraq if the US hadn't attacked them.
But what is known is that if Obama hadn't been so quick to pull out of Iraq Iran wouldn't be able to do what they are doing.
At least Obama learned and is halting the withdraw from Afghanistan.

There is plenty of blame to go around for screwing up the middle east. All the way back to WW I.

Steve 11059680.
But what is known is that if Obama hadn't been so quick to pull out of Iraq Iran wouldn't be able to do what they are doing.

Obama pulled out of Iraq no faster than the Bush deadline and the Iraqis allowed US troops to remain with legal immunity. What are you basing your mistaken argument upon? Bush set the deadline. Obama could not have withdrawn 150,000 troops any slower than he did.

And what exactly is Iran doing in Iraq much different from what they did from
2003 through 2008?

Stupidest war ever, and Maliki the disaster was Bush's boy. EVERYTHING Bush did was a catastrophe. The world depression also keeps ISIS going...joining is a great career. Thanks GOP. And they keep fecking up the world. MORONS.

Last edited:
Stupidest war ever, and Maliki the disaster was Bush's boy. EVERYTHING Bush did was a carastrophe. The world depression also keeps ISIS going...joining is a great career. Thanks GOP. And they keep fecking up the world. MORONS.
No, Obama's stupidity keeps ISIS going. As a matter of fact, what Obama referred to as a JV team has made advances in Iraq and Syria, and has spread to other countries on Obama's watch.

And people don't join ISIS for a paycheck, you idiot.

Iran would not be in a position to dominate the middle east if obama hadn't helped whether or not there was an Iraq.

Iran would not be in a position to dominate the middle east if obama hadn't helped whether or not there was an Iraq.
And now he's setting Iran up to get nukes. Wonder if the Libs will try to blame that idiot move by Obama on Bush when a nuclear war starts?

Forum List

Back