Would I be out of line to suggest this forum be renamed

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
Perhaps to "War In Iraq and Afganistan" or that a separate forum be opened for "War On Terrorism" or maybe just a "War" forum?

It appears, at least to me, that the wars in Afganistan and Iraq are completely separated both by our media and the statements of the Administration. I find that circumstance disturbing. The Administration jumped hoops trying to connect them in the ramp up but now deny the connection. The media politely complies.

I think our soldiers that are suffering and dying in both of those and in all wars deserve more consideration than that, don't you agree?

BTW, thanks to all of you that tolerated my screeds the other night during my elation with Kerry becoming the sho' 'nuff deal to deal with by the Republicans. I was serious, you cats are the very best!!!!!!!!!

You are indeed a jewel, jimnyc. And don't freak out that I mean that in any other way than I just think you are a prince of peace!!!!!!!!!! This Vet thanks you.

I think our soldiers that are suffering and dying in both of those and in all wars deserve more consideration than that, don't you agree?

This is what prompted me to go along with the change. Print this out and save it, Psycho, this will be a very rare time that I say "I do agree" with you. :D

Even though there may be a few that are already sick of the mutual "back-patting" I consider your opinion as valid as my own. Nothing less, nothing more. Actually, as time goes on you will discover that we agree more than disagree. We just have different political solutions and those should never come between us, can you you dig it?

As our military population lives, dies or suffers in any war wherever it might be taking place in this day, we owe them equal consideration and that we will abide by whatever promises that we make to them. This is not to forgive our past indiscetions towards our Veterans but a promise to do better as far as we can. Your's is an action that "can" and has been done, jimnyc. I certainly hope that I see an overwhelming support for it and suggestions for other changes that will include all "WAR" veterans.

I think the name change is a good move also. The war in Iraq has always been viewed by the administration as an extension of the War on Terrorism. Not to mention that our soldiers are putting their lives on the line, regardless of what you call the conflict.

Thanks, jeff. As you can see, we do have compatible ideologies. I hope to see your concern for our vets/soldiers exempified in your voting habits of the future. So far the Republicans have a fairly miserable record but I hope you exemplify a positive change for all that.

I'm beginning to blush, but by all accounts known to me it is important that I point out that I consider Republicans to be users and abusers of our military and it's Veterans. I can't say that I was abused as a soldier but I can damn sure tell you that as a Veteran I've experienced a lot and I haven't asked for much. I'm a Zero percent disabled Vet. Can you tell me what that means or need I tell you? Regardless, I'm happy with my service to my country and I'm happy with my life such as it is. But that's getting philisophical, isn't it?

Forum List

Back