Would I be mistaken for a Latino/Hispanic?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Your Cuddly Choco Bear
I have dark black hair, very dark eyes and somewhat darker skin. I think that would make people guess me as Latino in some parts of the USA? Only honest answers, no trolls. Thanks

Last edited:
I have dark black hair, very dark eyes and somewhat darker skin. I think that would make people guess me as Latino in some parts of the USA? Only honest answers, no trolls. Thanks

are you ever mistaken for latino in Europe?

Not yet. But we dont have so many Latinos in europe. In america they are a much more important demographics.

Latino is an ethnicity, not a race.
There are White, Black, Asian and Indians who are Latinos.
Basically if a person has a Spanish surname they are Latino.
About 75% of Mexicans are what's called Mezitos, which means that they are part European and part Aztec.

About 75% of Mexicans are what's called Mezitos, which means that they are part European and part Aztec.

I know but in the USA latino is treated as a race, even if someone is really white they will call him latino and say he is "white passing" not "white" because of his spanish name. I read this, and she said in latin america she dated white passing guys, notice how she says they are white passing and not white. White are only americans. If you want you can read this. My Latino Father Wants Me to Marry a White Man

In Simpsons they once made a joke and said Anderson the guy who played McGayver uses blue contact lenses "to hide his latino heritage" that made me think that if someone has brown eyes he might be seen as of latino heritage.

Last edited:

I know but in the USA latino is treated as a race, even if someone is really white they will call him latino and say he is "white passing" not "white" because of his spanish name. I read this, and she said in latin america she dated white passing guys, notice how she says they are white passing and not white. White are only americans. If you want you can read this. My Latino Father Wants Me to Marry a White Man

The poster you quoted was correct --- Latino is not a race. It refers to a language. Actually it should refer to French, Spanish and Portuguese but in common practice it usually means "Spanish" and is interchangeable with "Hispanic" (as your own threat title acknowledges)

Last edited:

Cops are pretty dumb and very racist, so yes.

Cops are pretty dumb and very racist, so yes.

With a little luck you’ll need the help of a cop someday and I truly hope the dumbest of the dumb responds. Khama at its finest!

Possibly. But people might think you are Greek or Arab or Sicilian as well.

If you come to America and want to be mistaken for a Latino, drive a low-rider, wear a Zoot suit and speak a little Spanish like "Hey ese, wassup Holmes"

Not yet. But we dont have so many Latinos in europe. In america they are a much more important demographics.

There are many people of Euro descent that could pass for men and women in central and south America and even the middle east. Nothing wrong with that. Except when a beat down or death is prescribed by violence from any direction towards them. And of course violence is not a one way thing.

There are many people of Euro descent that could pass for men and women in central and south America and even the middle east. Nothing wrong with that. Except when a beat down or death is prescribed by violence from any direction towards them. And of course violence is not a one way thing.

As well it should be. A lot of immigrants from Europe and Middle east went to Latin America. The ancestors of notable Latinos , Carlos Slim and Pope Francis, came from Lebanon and Italy.

Not necessarily. Your skin tone is a bit different. You could pass for Italian, Spanish, Middle Eastern. Latino is tied to language.Latino also recently been discarded.....like in the last 10 years. Latino is not considered a race by those in the US like on government documents. Just ethnicity.

Could I possibly pass as white american as well? Not only arab, latino or sicilian? Or you need to look like McGayver?

KHVB.jpg

The poster you quoted was correct --- Latino is not a race. It refers to a language. Actually it should refer to French, Spanish and Portuguese but in common practice it usually means "Spanish" and is interchangeable with "Hispanic" (as your own threat title acknowledges)

I think its generally well accepted that hispanic is in regards to people from latin America, usually who have significant native ancestry.

Forum List

Back