Would Harry Truman Blame Paris?

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
Bham, AL
With our good friend Barry Hussein Obama, the buck stops over there. Or there. It's still George Bush's fault. Or maybe it's the damn Frogs. See, blaming Frenchie isn't just a British game anymore!

LINK

The Europe of Charlemagne, Marco Polo and Churchill, after millennia of undoubted achievement, has finally spent itself to the verge of collapse and irrelevance. Witnessing this historic catastrophe, Barack Obama, the president of the United States, is complaining that it's bad for business in Pittsburgh. What electorates in Europe and here have long suspected is proven true. Ours is the age of small men.

Truman would have taken to blame. He wouldn't have passed on to anyone and everyone else.

"The buck stops here."

Truman would have taken to blame. He wouldn't have passed on to anyone and everyone else.

"The buck stops here."

“Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home--but not for housing. They are strong for labor--but they are stronger for restricting labor's rights. They favor minimum wage--the smaller the minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for all--but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools. They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine--for people who can afford them. They consider electrical power a great blessing--but only when the private power companies get their rake-off. They think American standard of living is a fine thing--so long as it doesn't spread to all the people. And they admire of Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it.”
― Harry S. Truman

Everything old is new again..

:badgrin:

I liked Truman. He was a bit before my time but I thought he was a pretty good POTUS.

Do I agree with everything he had to say?? Nope. But then I don't agree with everything anyone says anyway.

Truman was a Dem and what you have up there is exactly what I would expect a Dem to say about the Reps. Heck I would expect no less.

I still think Truman was a hell of a guy and have nothing but the utmost respect for him both as an
American and a POTUS.

I liked Truman. He was a bit before my time but I thought he was a pretty good POTUS.

Do I agree with everything he had to say?? Nope. But then I don't agree with everything anyone says anyway.

Truman was a Dem and what you have up there is exactly what I would expect a Dem to say about the Reps. Heck I would expect no less.

I still think Truman was a hell of a guy and have nothing but the utmost respect for him both as an
American and a POTUS.

No you didn't. You like this "imagined" Truman..a made up guy that never existed.

If he was running today..you'd call him a commie.

That's what republicans were calling him back then..

They hated his guts...and called him every name in the book.

American and a POTUS.

No you didn't. You like this "imagined" Truman..a made up guy that never existed.

If he was running today..you'd call him a commie.

That's what republicans were calling him back then..

They hated his guts...and called him every name in the book.

LOL Glad to know what you THINK I would do.

I'm not a rep there smart guy. I'm an Indi and Truman was a good guy in my book. Don't agree with everything he said or did but I still like him.

Sorry I dont' fit your stereotype. Guess you'll just have to deal with it there smart guy.

Forum List

Back