Would god be against free Health care?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well........let's look at a couple of things.............

First, it says that in the Beginning, there was The Word, and The Word was God.

Then, in the New Testament, when speaking of the birth of Yeshua, it states that "The Word became Man", which is to say that Yeshua (who is also God, as they are part of the Trinity), became a human and walked around on the earth.

Yeshua healed many people, restored peoples sight, and healed the lame. He also resurrected Lazarus and a small boy when He was 11 from the dead.

He never charged a dime for His services.

So.........in answer to your question? Yes. God and Yeshua both would be for free health care.

Then, in the New Testament, when speaking of the birth of Yeshua, it states that "The Word became Man", which is to say that Yeshua (who is also God, as they are part of the Trinity), became a human and walked around on the earth.

Yeshua healed many people, restored peoples sight, and healed the lame. He also resurrected Lazarus and a small boy when He was 11 from the dead.

So.........in answer to your question? Yes. God and Yeshua both would be for free health care.
Nor did He charge another for services He rendered to the sick.

Take that one step further and answer this. At any time did He say to force others to pay for your personal medical issues or anyone elses care?

Would God lay sickness on one and make another pay his debt?

Your original post implies that this is FREE healthcare, I can assure you it is not. We will all pay for this in additional taxation, really pay and not only will we pay for this with exorbidant taxes we will pay in the quality of our health care. The government runs nothing well, it can be fixed but everyone will have to PAY. I have yet to see any in the health care industry work for NOTHING, nurses, doctors or anyone else so where you get the FREE from is beyond me.

I think that if there really was a god, he'd be appalled that americans, who think they're so godly, let their government spend something like $700 BILLION per year on weapons and killing, and spend ZERO, repeat ZERO on helping the sick OF THEIR OWN COUNTRY. Truly shameful, don't you think?
Gins over healthcare, your country is run by the NRA.

Take that one step further and answer this. At any time did He say to force others to pay for your personal medical issues or anyone elses care?

Actually, He said to "render unto Cesar (i.e. the government) what is Cesar's", which means pay your taxes.

Most rich people have accountants and lawyers to help them get out of taxes.

So, the rich aren't paying their fair share, and that is where the main part of the problem is.

And YES, God or Yeshua (if they were in the White House) WOULD support free health care.

But.........given the current climate in Washington right now, I don't think either of them would have even half a chance at getting elected dogcatcher.

Actually, He said to "render unto Cesar (i.e. the government) what is Cesar's", which means pay your taxes.

Most rich people have accountants and lawyers to help them get out of taxes.

So, the rich aren't paying their fair share, and that is where the main part of the problem is.

And YES, God or Yeshua (if they were in the White House) WOULD support free health care.

But.........given the current climate in Washington right now, I don't think either of them would have even half a chance at getting elected dogcatcher.
Tell me ABikerSailor, Did God send you out from heaven to speak for Him?

I think that if there really was a god, he'd be appalled that americans, who think they're so godly, let their government spend something like $700 BILLION per year on weapons and killing, and spend ZERO, repeat ZERO on helping the sick OF THEIR OWN COUNTRY. Truly shameful, don't you think?

...What about medicare and social security and general welfare? And I'm sure some government employees get health benefits, so surely that counts.

Zero? Take a look at this pie chart to see what that ZERO looks like in our federal budget:

Federal Budget Pie Charts | The Concord Coalition

The Federal Budget, 2004–2009
(in BILLIONS of dollars)

2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009

Health 240.1 - 250.6 - 268.8 - 280.9 - 293.6 - 308.6

Medicare 269.4 - 298.6 - 343.0 - 392.0 - 404.3 - 426.4

Social security 495.5 - 523.3 - 554.7 - 585.9 - 616.3 - 649.7

Veterans' benefits 59.8 - 70.2 - 70.4 - 73.9 - 79.0 - 81.5

Source: Department of the Treasury and Office of Management and Budget.

The Federal Budget, 2004–2009 — Infoplease.com

Last edited:
The Federal Budget, 2004–2009
(in BILLIONS of dollars)

2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009

Health 240.1 - 250.6 - 268.8 - 280.9 - 293.6 - 308.6

Medicare 269.4 - 298.6 - 343.0 - 392.0 - 404.3 - 426.4

Social security 495.5 - 523.3 - 554.7 - 585.9 - 616.3 - 649.7

Veterans' benefits 59.8 - 70.2 - 70.4 - 73.9 - 79.0 - 81.5

Source: Department of the Treasury and Office of Management and Budget.

The Federal Budget, 2004–2009 — Infoplease.com

Budget of the United States Government
:

Budget of the United States Government: Browse

Last edited:
Oh I like my new nickname. So what you are basically saying is that although God gives and sustains life, God would have no problem with folks who sought to not help God in God's mission.

i would consider your continued existence prima facie evidence of that, but that's not what i said.

go back and reread it.

I am all for free Health care. And I don't believe in God as you do. The question I bring, is why would anyone that believes in God, be against health care for those that can't afford it? Quite simple, and not mysterious if you ask me.

If you are making an argument for National Healthcare or Universal Healthcare, the first thing you must do is understand that no healthcare is free healthcare. Here is another problem; in our system, if you are really poor, you get that free healthcare through government programs. Of course, it is at the expense of the taxpayer. I don't have a problem with the truly poor receiving free healthcare at the expense of others. On the other side of the equation, if you are above the poverty line but have a health condition, our current system makes it as difficult as possible to get affordable healthcare.

So the wealthy and the poor get the healthcare they need, but those in the middle are excluded, and under the current system, there is no incentive to change things.

We all know that the right winged folks are in the majority when it comes to being religious. Yet it is the righters that are so against Nationalized health care. So here is the irony. How can someone be of god, yet seek to destroy a program that may help in Gods purpoose, sustaining life? Would God be against nationalized heath care?

Why is it that you don't understand what comes after Nationalized Health Care? Are you you really dense or is it something you really haven't thought through?

Although I hate to do this, let me just give you the answer. Nationalized Health Care will result in Rationed Health Care. Why? Because it is the ONLY way it can work.

So your answer is that YES, God would be against systematically rationing health care and deciding who lives and who dies based upon the relative advantage to society of spending the money to give the person treatment to keep them alive etc.

If you don't believe that's what happens, you need only go to some of the Web sites of British papers and read the stories about NICE (the British control board who determines treatment under the British nation health system).

So why not allow for a basic government healthcare plan for all, and allow supplemental private insurance for those who can afford and choose to pay for it? At some point, healthcare costs will have to be controlled, because the path we are on will leave all but a few without healthcare before too long. You are correct in the belief that government healthcare will be rationed. But then again, it already is for a great many and that will only get worse.

So allow the government to ration it to those who can't afford anything else, and allow for the private sector to offer the gold plans for those who can afford it. This would allow those with a private supplemental plan easier access than those without, but those without would still receive decent healthcare. If Canada did this, they would have the best system in the world. Currently, they spend half of what we do on healthcare. If they allowed for private supplemental insurance, it would bring a great deal more money into their system and at least those who were willing to pay wouldn't be stuck waiting for months on end to receive care. With such a system, their costs would still be well below our own.

I don't know but I think Jesus, if He were alive today, would probably tell us that people should get all the medical care they need without being wiped out financially.

I think most reasonable people would support that. However, we have many here who believe only those who can afford it should be able to receive all the healthcare they need. They also believe that when someone becomes ill, it is okay for insurance companies to force them out of the market by making them pay rates that are three to five times more than anyone else pays.

you believe there IS a such thing as free health care on this earth and YOU have the balls to criticize what others believe in?

I am not criticizing anything, just asking for someone to clear up the hypocrasy.

the hypocrisy is those on the left saying that health care would be free if only we had what canada has.

I have to agree; you can't make an argument for free healthcare because it is not free. If you want to make an argument for nationalized healthcare, then do so on the actual merits of it, but don't try to discuss free healthcare because it isn't free.

The US should stop making war and spend that money on healthcare for its citizens. You the people should vote for that and stop kissing the NRA's butt.

We all know that the right winged folks are in the majority when it comes to being religious. Yet it is the righters that are so against Nationalized health care. So here is the irony. How can someone be of god, yet seek to destroy a program that may help in Gods purpoose, sustaining life? Would God be against nationalized heath care?

DAMN SKIPPY!

God likes his humans all scared and pestalant. If he didn't serve out the pain n sufferin why would anybody give a rats ass about his stupid miracles and mysterious ways?

Nothing is free, period. There is always a cost, just which cost are you willing to pay, that's the only real question. Health care would be less expensive if we had the lower amount of regulation Canada has instead of allowing our government to determine which treatments and companies are allowed to peddle their wares, also if so many people were not damned hypochondriacs the prices would drop to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back