Would George W. Bush have been a better president without Dick Cheney?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Personally, I think Bush would have been a lousy president regardless, but I think Cheney made his presidency even worse - maybe much worse.

Where is brain damaged Joe? Is he lost on the interstate somewhere? This guy is worse than dangerous. He is a heartbeat away from the presidency and he can't even make a speech without some sort of inapproptiate comment. He should have retired after two brain aneurisms but democrats never retire. He might be a zombie but he is a die hard democrat and that's all that counts.

Where is brain damaged Joe? Is he lost on the interstate somewhere? This guy is worse than dangerous. He is a heartbeat away from the presidency and he can't even make a speech without some sort of inapproptiate comment. He should have retired after two brain aneurisms but democrats never retire. He might be a zombie but he is a die hard democrat and that's all that counts.

HUH? You having a stroke or sumpthin?

:lol: They certainly do go on, don't they?

Personally, I think Bush would have been a lousy president regardless, but I think Cheney made his presidency even worse - maybe much worse.

Would George W. Bush have been a better president without Dick Cheney?

Bush rejected Bin Ladin as a threat and for that mistake he alone is responsible for gross negligence and all that we have suffered from his dereliction of duty to defend our country.

Cheney simply capitalized on the result of Bush's incompetence and war profiteered his failing former company into a no-bid beneficiary of needless war..

Dang, you libs got nerve and too long/short term memory loss....:eusa_doh:

Bingo!!!

October 1, 2003

"Bush is swamped by a flood of bad news. His popularity is tumbling, his rationale for war in Iraq is crumbling, his economy is stumbling and his aides are bumbling with an outrageous intelligence breach.

Many Americans are reeling from the sticker shock of his latest request -- $87 billion -- for the reconstruction of Iraq and Afghanistan.

It does not help that a great deal of taxpayer money is going to corporate contracts reserved for GOP cronies. His recent speeches pleading for public support were notable flops.

His buddy, Russian President Vladimir Putin, isn't cooperating. The United Nations and our traditional European allies are still smarting from his imperial attitude and refusing to help bail us out."

george%20bush%20looking%20stupid.jpg

There's no known cure for Teabageria.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKKKgua7wQk]SARAH PALIN BOOK SIGNING - Interviews with Supporters - YouTube[/ame]​

Bush would have just had a different handler if Cheney had not been around.
Bingo!!!

"His business career was marked by mediocrity or failure which nonetheless resulted in him getting lots of money from his father's political allies. And his political career has been handed to him on a platter by his famous name, and by his dad's cronies."

cryingbush.jpg

"What's happening to my DYNASTY, Jebber??!!!"

Bush would have just had a different handler if Cheney had not been around.

The second term his handlers were Jim Baker and Robert Gates. There was a marked improvement in governance.

Huh?

Frankly, if you ask Bush, he'll say the second term is where things went wrong.

Katrina, problems in Iraq and the meltdown.

His first term was actually pretty good, because he had people like Cheney, Powell, Ashcroft. Old hands that had been in government and could be easily confirmed by a tenative congress. Then like most presidents, he replaced the professionals with loyalists like Rice and Gonzolez in the second term.

This is the reason most Presidents don't have second terms even when their first terms are kind of okay. (And Bush did have a pretty good first term, which is why he got re-elected.)

If the daily hell we are going through is Obama's best days, I don't want that idiot getting a second term and I'm not sure why you do...

Forum List

Back