Would eHarmony hooked you up with your spouse or significant other?

For some reason gay people have no problem hooking up.

Every single one of my gay friends are in a happy, committed, long term relationship!

I guess it's the straights that need online dating sites!

I think I'll start a thread on how each of you met your mates, nobody really said how they did on here but you I think! ;)

Can you point to the things that made you change your mind?

I know for me, how a man eats can turn me off. I don't mean his ettiquette has to be perfect. I love a man with a hearty appetite, but he should be using utensils when appropriate. He shouldn't speak with his mouth full and take the last shrimp on the plate. Something about table manners...

I love the fact that my husband never leaves his dirty socks on the floor...

Self centered and didn't have a clue what the golden rule meant.

I always thought if two people were attracted to each other at the same time it was a miracle......

it rarely happens.

Bet your sweet bippie it's a miracle, Gigi.

When real passion comes along, that attraction that's deep down on some cellular level that defies all intellect?

If you don't trust those instincts I think you're a damned fool because you're denying a part of yourself that is most authentically you, NOW, in the moment.

Mostly, you know, we're all full of it in our day to day lives. We live in the past and we live in the future and we're bearly alive in the moment.

We're controlled by scripts that have been insinuated into our heads by our parents, by our society, by our friends, and by our rational minds.

And while I'm not denying that those cautionary scripts and defence mechanisms and all that careful planning has no value for most aspects of our lives?

I am telling you that nobody, no time ever can tell you better than your body can, who is right for you when it comes to passion.

Screw it, says I. My body is more than just the machine which carrys my head around.

Better to have lost and lost than never to have loved at all.

There is no more tragic love affair than that one that we did not have.

Nothing is forever, most certainly not passion.. so carpe deum, says I.

Last edited:
About 5 years ago I was engaged to the nicest man. He was sweet, kind, smart and funny. He treated my daughter and I very well, and loved us both.

But.........for some reason I wasn't IN LOVE with him. I loved him, but didn't have that "feeling" that you should have if you are going to marry someone.

Lucky for me, I met my true love on July 28th, 2006. We got engaged last Thanksgiving.

He still makes my heart a-flutter! :)

About 5 years ago I was engaged to the nicest man. He was sweet, kind, smart and funny. He treated my daughter and I very well, and loved us both.

But.........for some reason I wasn't IN LOVE with him. I loved him, but didn't have that "feeling" that you should have if you are going to marry someone.

Lucky for me, I met my true love on July 28th, 2006. We got engaged last Thanksgiving.

He still makes my heart a-flutter! :)

How fortunate for you and your daughter. I thought love was once in a life-time thing. Lot of women would have married the first man rather than take the "chance" of not finding a true love.

Congratulations. Does that me we're invited to the wedding? :D

Just a word of warning on picking your wedding date. We looked up the wedding date of a friend of our's and it turned out it was the day of Custer's Last Stand!

There is someone out there for you. Being picky is a good thing. That means you have standards.
Good looking, in shape, brains. Not that stringent of standards I don't think. But what probably shorted the list to nothing for me was when I said no kids.

She better be hot and have anice ass

yeah i'm shallow :p
Hot... well... just not a face so bad that if she stands on the beach the tide won't come in, but yes, a nice rear end is a must.

How about if she is dumb as a box of rocks?
You mean like one of those moronic women on that stupid show with Hugh Hefner... nope... wouldn't work for me. Sure they'd be fun in bed, and sex is important, but there's too much of a persons life left that needs to be filled, and if you're dumber than a brick, that would get old in about 5 minutes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back