Would confirmation of the discovery of microscopic alien life...

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
...excite you just as much if not more than the announcement confirming the discovery of technological aliens? Thing from a recent episode of Bill Maher comes to mind claiming we wouldn't be very excited about the discovery of microscopic life.

I think we'd be more excited since microscopic life isn't going to be hovering over major cities blasting the beegeezers outta us. :)

I know how much tiny things excite you.

LOL! ...Bad thread to be reading as some bug crawls over paper clutter next t the pc desk making noise. :) Jumped outta my chair and hit the overhead light "wtf is that?!" :)

...excite you just as much if not more than the announcement confirming the discovery of technological aliens? Thing from a recent episode of Bill Maher comes to mind claiming we wouldn't be very excited about the discovery of microscopic life.

I think we'd be more excited since microscopic life isn't going to be hovering over major cities blasting the beegeezers outta us. :)

I think it would be exciting news to many people. Not asych as sentient aliens though. I think most everyone believes that microscopic life exists probably even in our own solar system.

I think it would be exciting news to many people. Not asych as sentient aliens though. I think most everyone believes that microscopic life exists probably even in our own solar system.

I do. Europa or TItan's my bet both having liquid water oceans beneath their surfaces. Likely nothing dramatic, but the geothermal (aka 'black smokers') vents in the deep ocean here seem to suggest where ever that's occuring is a good place to expect finding life however primitive.

It will be huge and very exciting.

Yes everyone wants a contact moment with intelligent ETs but that would probably bring a lot of negative consequences if it happens.

Finding microbial life would finally resolve the question of whether we are alone. Building on that we could slowly advance and figure out ways to explore other parts of the galaxy and catalogue more life forms over the centuries.

It would also begin to teach us more about life itself in general perhaps even offering clues about how life forms and generates itself which we so far have failed to figure out.

Mars, Jupiter and Europa seem to be the best bets for finding life. Europe seems to have the best environment but Mars is easier to reach.

We still have a ways to go before we can make any real effotr to look for such lifeforms but we are getting closer

Its would

Its way cool,we also must keep in mind that in our world,some of the most deadly things are microbes,we may want to leave whats there,there.

Its would

Its way cool,we also must keep in mind that in our world,some of the most deadly things are microbes,we may want to leave whats there,there.

Plot of "The Andromeda Strain" as I recall.

No doubt it would prove the following theories to be false:

A. Creationism
B. Existence of God.

Unless something would happen later to change all that.

No doubt it would prove the following theories to be false:

A. Creationism
B. Existence of God.

Unless something would happen later to change all that.
Actually it would not prove them false.

Those religious ideas are not truly theories at all and they cannot be disproven. That is the nature of religion.

Even the Vatican has stated that life can exist elsewhere. Basically just because some believe God created life here does not mean he could not have done so else where.

Most bibles are silent on the question

Forum List

Back