Would anyone like to live in Antarctica?

"Gore "I predict the ice caps will melt by 2014"" NASA 2015 Report says "More ice than ever!" But Gore make his $200 million off of everyone buying his prediction. Another liberal elitist exploiting the stupid masses.
Not like rightard dumb fucks who can't even get the quote right. So anyway, in rightard dumb fuck land Gore's report of scientists' earliest no summer Arctic ice prediction becomes something Gore predicted. Further, the US agencies prediction of no summer ice in 2030, as well as the actual reduction in Arctic summer ice disappears in a cloud of dumb fuck irrelevancies about Gore's income. Same ol' same ol'.

A U.S. government agency predicted the melting of the polar ice cap in the year 2030. However, climate guru Al Gore said at the U.N. climate conference on Monday that new computer modeling indicates this could happen as soon as 2014.

One U.S. government scientist on Monday said the new prediction was too severe, but other researchers have previously projected a quicker end than 2030 to the Arctic summer ice cap.
http://www.redorbit.com

Figure3-350x270.png

Figure 3. Monthly July ice extent for 1979 to 2017 shows a decline of 7.4 percent per decade.

August | 2017 | Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis
You seem to be desperate over there squatter.

"Gore "I predict the ice caps will melt by 2014"" NASA 2015 Report says "More ice than ever!" But Gore make his $200 million off of everyone buying his prediction. Another liberal elitist exploiting the stupid masses.
Not like rightard dumb fucks who can't even get the quote right. So anyway, in rightard dumb fuck land Gore's report of scientists' earliest no summer Arctic ice prediction becomes something Gore predicted. Further, the US agency's prediction of no summer ice in 2030 as well as the actual reduction trend in Arctic summer ice disappears in a cloud of dumb fuck irrelevancies about Gore's income. Same ol' same ol'.

A U.S. government agency predicted the melting of the polar ice cap in the year 2030. However, climate guru Al Gore said at the U.N. climate conference on Monday that new computer modeling indicates this could happen as soon as 2014.

One U.S. government scientist on Monday said the new prediction was too severe, but other researchers have previously projected a quicker end than 2030 to the Arctic summer ice cap.
http://www.redorbit.com

Figure3-350x270.png

Figure 3. Monthly July ice extent for 1979 to 2017 shows a decline of 7.4 percent per decade.
August | 2017 | Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis
So in 13 years the end will come?

I saw a documentary on it once

There is an international community of several thousand that descends on Antarctica in the Summer. Outside temperatures are not that bad and it seems like a party atmosphere

Once winter approaches all but about 100 leave. Antarctica becomes hell on earth with constant darkness, temps continually below 50 below zero and hurricane force winds. Those who stay are responsible for keeping the base operational. Seemed depressing as all hell
It can be.

Do tell....

So in 13 years the end will come?
You mean no summer ice in the Arctic? Is that the end for you?

Apart from that, I'd expect that prediction to have some error. I'd be slightly surprised if in 13 years there's no summer ice in the Arctic, I'd expect that event to happen some years either side of the predicted time.

I mean, you can read a graph, can't you? It seems to show a linear rate of Arctic summer ice loss of 2 million square km/3 decades, so if it stays linear that'll be 130 years or so to zero Arctic summer ice. I don't think it will stay linear, I think the rate of Arctic summer ice loss will increase in a feed back cycle as less ice reflects less sunlight and water becomes warmer.

But if you want to deny what's happening because exact time lines can't be supplied, well, no one will be surprised.

edited

Last edited:

Forum List

Back