CDZ Would anyone agree that we should "MAKE AMERICA AFFORDABLE AGAIN" ???

I wish to respectfully ask the op just how this part;

If prices were lowered for specific nation building materials or items like lumber, gas, and other important products, wouldn't it spur an economic boom that would bring back this nations prosperity, and empower individual American's again ???

Works in real life.

Who exactly lowers prices? Lumber for example.....does the government mandate lumberjacks work for free?
Subsidies perhaps? Hmmmm, very close to controlling the means of production and distribution. Thats sounds familiar i may have heard of it before....

Please enlighten me, I eagerly await your reply.
.No ideas here.. Just wanting the nation to return to the times we all remember, and how it allowed for so many of us to become enriched over time by it all. Now so many are just left out, while the few amass wealth unimaginable.

I see. Monetarily speaking I may be the poorest here on usmb, i literally live in a line shack on the range. Yet I consider myself very fortunate.
I also do not believe that the few that amass wealth unimaginable are preventing anyone else who wish that sort of thing to obtain it.
. Wouldn't it be nice that if you wanted to expand your shack out on the range, that you could do it ?? Is that asking to much really ?

I have, and will in the future. My current project has been building a new road for myself. Why do you think I cant?

1. Tell us all about about the products you remember buying, and them costing very reasonable prices, and how they lasted for years.

2. If prices were lowered for specific nation building materials or items like lumber, gas, and other important products, wouldn't it spur an economic boom that would bring back this nations prosperity, and empower individual American's again ???

Example - Me and the wife purchased a Kenmore washer and dryer that lasted for over 20 years. It was reasonably priced, and the quality superb. The benefits were that we we're slightly empowered by our choice because we didn't have to buy a washer and dryer every 4 years. The landfills benefitted because they weren't growing at astronomical rates, the companies benefit by gaining long term customers, and the environment benefitted because we weren't generating pollution at astronomical rates.

Lumber was so reasonably priced that one could purchase products to build his own home in which then empowered the person to not be in debt for years and years if had to have it built by contractors and a bank. American's also benefitted from learning skills nessesary to take full advantage of the savings, and the ability to purchase products that set in motion and economic boom for them and their families for years to come.

Now what are the downsides to "MAKING AMERICA AFFORDABLE AGAIN" ???

HAVE WE GONE TO FAR TO TURN BACK NOW ???
There is no way to make America "affordable" again.

Rank speculation drives all free markets.

And everyone buys into it.

1. Tell us all about about the products you remember buying, and them costing very reasonable prices, and how they lasted for years.

2. If prices were lowered for specific nation building materials or items like lumber, gas, and other important products, wouldn't it spur an economic boom that would bring back this nations prosperity, and empower individual American's again ???

Example - Me and the wife purchased a Kenmore washer and dryer that lasted for over 20 years. It was reasonably priced, and the quality superb. The benefits were that we we're slightly empowered by our choice because we didn't have to buy a washer and dryer every 4 years. The landfills benefitted because they weren't growing at astronomical rates, the companies benefit by gaining long term customers, and the environment benefitted because we weren't generating pollution at astronomical rates.

Lumber was so reasonably priced that one could purchase products to build his own home in which then empowered the person to not be in debt for years and years if had to have it built by contractors and a bank. American's also benefitted from learning skills nessesary to take full advantage of the savings, and the ability to purchase products that set in motion and economic boom for them and their families for years to come.

I just bought a tv. It was top of the line 40" for $320. Years ago I bought a 50" HD for $5000. Things are just fine.

Now, if the democrats get the minimum wage up to $15, I won't be able to afford a hamburger!

Exactly my first computer was over $5,000 bucks , today my little cell phone @ $100 bucks has like 3 times the power.

My first VCR $450

My first scanner $1,000

All thanks to massive govt. subsidies for research, education, and evul 'defense contracting' paying for the unprofitable stuff, like basic research, training scientists, etc., while giving away patent rights for essentially nothing. These same companies now snivel about paying any taxes at all, and of course race overseas immediately to have the stuff manufactured. then they expect the domestic economy to keep subsidizing them and keep lowering their tax rates. hilarious stuff. that ... kind of like Democrats suddenly pronouncing themselves to be all about 'opposing populism n stuff', if they think some white prole somewhere might benefit from something. Now they can't wait to hand it over to Communist states for free, just to get bargains in police state labor laws.

I wish to respectfully ask the op just how this part;

If prices were lowered for specific nation building materials or items like lumber, gas, and other important products, wouldn't it spur an economic boom that would bring back this nations prosperity, and empower individual American's again ???

Works in real life.

Who exactly lowers prices? Lumber for example.....does the government mandate lumberjacks work for free?
Subsidies perhaps? Hmmmm, very close to controlling the means of production and distribution. Thats sounds familiar i may have heard of it before....

Please enlighten me, I eagerly await your reply.
.No ideas here.. Just wanting the nation to return to the times we all remember, and how it allowed for so many of us to become enriched over time by it all. Now so many are just left out, while the few amass wealth unimaginable.

I see. Monetarily speaking I may be the poorest here on usmb, i literally live in a line shack on the range. Yet I consider myself very fortunate.
I also do not believe that the few that amass wealth unimaginable are preventing anyone else who wish that sort of thing to obtain it.
. Wouldn't it be nice that if you wanted to expand your shack out on the range, that you could do it ?? Is that asking to much really ?

I have, and will in the future. My current project has been building a new road for myself. Why do you think I cant?
Didn't you just say that monetarily speaking, that you live in a line shack, and that you might be the poorest poster on usmb. ??? Anyone would then figure by your words spoken that this is the reason you have to live in your line shack correct ?? So are you one of these posters who likes to the play games with words ??

There is no way to make America "affordable" again.

Rank speculation drives all free markets.

And everyone buys into it.
. No way ???? So you are one who didn't believe in Trumps mantra of making America great again ??

I admit it might be a bit of wordplay. I barter a lot and handle little cash.
I love my shack, just because i have little cash usually doesnt mean anything to me.
I responded to your post because it at first sounded like you were looking to debate the idea of controlling the economy or prices somehow.

But to your point, I live exactly as I want to live.

Forum List

Back