would any of the libs like to say something good about America and Christianity??

"All men are created equal" is a Christian tenet, you nutjob.

And yet, in all the "Christian" nations of the world.......England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, they maintained a royal class which is anything but equal

It took our Liberal Founding Fathers to ensure that even a lowly farmhand had the same rights as the person who owned the farm

Our founding fathers also made sure we had freedom FROM religion

Despite our flaws, we are the greatest nation in the world at this point in time. Our basic strength lies in our ability to have peaceful and expected changes in power every few years.

As for Christianity, to quote Ghandi:

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

Christianity, as practiced by Christ is probably one of the most beautiful human institutions in the history of the world. He practiced complete benevolence, peace, and shunned any accumulation of wealth or power.

Unfortunately, mankind has tarnished it through the basic lust for accumulation of wealth or power

Mankind hasn't tarnished Christianity. Christianity is still here. People have just stopped seeing it for what it is.

Mankind hasn't tarnished Christianity. Christianity is still here. People have just stopped seeing it for what it is.

Sure. The bible is still as it is. The problem is, no one actually does the things that Christ told them to do.

I'll assume that, as you have a computer, you haven't surrendered all your material possessions to walk in his way.

I am not judging you. I haven't either (obviously).

However, after a while, the Christian apologist arguments for ignoring what Christ commanded gets a little lame.

To the degree of James Dobson evoking St. Augustine to justify an unjust war.

So, my basic point about Christianity is that it's basic tenants are beautiful.

If only people were capable of "loving their neighbor as themselves", we would all have the same amount of possessions, not need the police or military, and live in harmony.

Oh well.

"On this side or the other."

Oh, and since I have played the OPs game, I myself have a question:

Why do so many of you cons think you have fiat power on all things America and Christian?

You realize we think most of you are total jokes, right?

And yet, in all the "Christian" nations of the world.......England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, they maintained a royal class which is anything but equal

It took our Liberal Founding Fathers to ensure that even a lowly farmhand had the same rights as the person who owned the farm

And the "modern liberals" are trying to put that "class thing" back in place with a new "ruling elite" (all educated in the most "modern liberal" schools). They are using Pinnoccio's "Fun Island" (where people get something for nothing) to turn a huge percentage of the population into "asses". When they become more herd-like (mobs) and only bray (chant slogans) with no comprehensive communication skills, the whips will come out, and they will be put to work as the master (intellectual elites) bids. Thank you so much liberals, you have really made a "change".

And the "modern liberals" are trying to put that "class thing" back in place with a new "ruling elite" (all educated in the most "modern liberal" schools). They are using Pinnoccio's "Fun Island" (where people get something for nothing) to turn a huge percentage of the population into "asses". When they become more herd-like (mobs) and only bray (chant slogans) with no comprehensive communication skills, the whips will come out, and they will be put to work as the master (intellectual elites) bids. Thank you so much liberals, you have really made a "change".

Dumbest response I have seen in a while

Sure. The bible is still as it is. The problem is, no one actually does the things that Christ told them to do.

I'll assume that, as you have a computer, you haven't surrendered all your material possessions to walk in his way.

I am not judging you. I haven't either (obviously).

However, after a while, the Christian apologist arguments for ignoring what Christ commanded gets a little lame.

To the degree of James Dobson evoking St. Augustine to justify an unjust war.

So, my basic point about Christianity is that it's basic tenants are beautiful.

If only people were capable of "loving their neighbor as themselves", we would all have the same amount of possessions, not need the police or military, and live in harmony.

Oh well.

"On this side or the other."

It's TENETS, not TENANTS. Tenants live in housing projects.

The bible doesn't say that we must surrender all our worldly possessions, though it certainly does encourage us to do so. I haven't been able to completely throw over all the trappings of modern society, though really, I haven't much. I probably will when the kids are out of the house, I think I want to end my life as a missionary. I haven't completely figured that out yet, and I'm not sure how where or when, it will take a lot of prayer and consideration.

It's TENETS, not TENANTS. Tenants live in housing projects.

Okay. Whatever.

The bible doesn't say that we must surrender all our worldly possessions, though it certainly does encourage us to do so. I haven't been able to completely throw over all the trappings of modern society, though really, I haven't much. I probably will when the kids are out of the house, I think I want to end my life as a missionary. I haven't completely figured that out yet, and I'm not sure how where or when, it will take a lot of prayer and consideration.

You could probably start by not starting hateful threads about a member of this forum.

Providing a nasty poster with her own thread, it was the highest compliment I could think of.

America: We allow the yidnars to roam free without the threat of institutionalization.

Chiristianity: It's in decline along with all the other cults.
listen up you totalitarian elitist commy !!! i have a right to express my opinions !!! funy the libbs only believe in freedom of speech for their side !!

Yes, you do!

That being said, go fuck yourself.
you don't see conservatives busting in on college campuses and shouting down and interrupting and shouting down left wing guest speakers !!

considering most liberals ARE Christians and do love their country, the op is another bullcrud, whining for no reason, right wing thread imo.

I could as easily claim that right wingers that claim to be christians HATE Christ and what He stands for and hate the USA as well....what you say to that yidnar?
what conservative group is waging all out war on Christianity ??? what right wing group wants to take God out of the pledge ?? what right wing group is attacking people that give thanks to God in a public forum ???...... take your lies elsewhere !!!
yidnar....stop being an idiot. I've come to the conclusion that most republicans/conservatives that claim to be Christians and are whining about a handful of atheists or jews or agnostics or muslims taking ''their'' religion away from them, have no IDEA of what being Christian and following Christ's teachings means.....you seem to be a perfect example of this 'cluelessness'.... What does being a Christian MEAN TO YOU? How do you fit in to this religion? Do you love your enemies? Do you turn your cheek when slapped? do you walk an extra mile with your adversary? do you cast stones at sinners? or do you feed the hungry, clothe the poor, help the stranger, visit those in prison....have you empathy for those with less, or do you walk on by those that are hurting? Do you revere the wealthy while shunning those with less? do you mock those with less? Do you support destroying the Earth? Do you lie? Do you judge those who surround you? do you covet what your neighbor has....support capitalism and greed? do you love thy neighbor as thyself? do you forgive those who have sinned against you? Were you a virgin when you married? do you give unto caesar what is his....? do you believe Christ was the son of God? Do you believe Jesus died for the sins of all or only for your sins?

you and your ilk, don't seem to be believers in Christ or what He taught....if you have some proof that i am wrong on this, please share with us what makes you a Christian and follower of Christ!

Who gives a hoot on whether kids can say some memorized prayer in school.....that has NOTHING AT ALL to do with being a Christian dear....nada, not a thing......

show me your walk and not your talk!

considering most liberals ARE Christians and do love their country, the op is another bullcrud, whining for no reason, right wing thread imo.

I could as easily claim that right wingers that claim to be christians HATE Christ and what He stands for and hate the USA as well....what you say to that yidnar?
what conservative group is waging all out war on Christianity ??? what right wing group wants to take God out of the pledge ?? what right wing group is attacking people that give thanks to God in a public forum ???...... take your lies elsewhere !!!
yidnar....stop being an idiot. I've come to the conclusion that most republicans/conservatives that claim to be Christians and are whining about a handful of atheists or jews or agnostics or muslims taking ''their'' religion away from them, have no IDEA of what being Christian and following Christ's teachings means.....you seem to be a perfect example of this 'cluelessness'.... What does being a Christian MEAN TO YOU? How do you fit in to this religion? Do you love your enemies? Do you turn your cheek when slapped? do you walk an extra mile with your adversary? do you cast stones at sinners? or do you feed the hungry, clothe the poor, help the stranger, visit those in prison....have you empathy for those with less, or do you walk on by those that are hurting? Do you revere the wealthy while shunning those with less? do you mock those with less? Do you support destroying the Earth? Do you lie? Do you judge those who surround you? do you covet what your neighbor has....support capitalism and greed? do you love thy neighbor as thyself? do you forgive those who have sinned against you? Were you a virgin when you married? do you give unto caesar what is his....? do you believe Christ was the son of God? Do you believe Jesus died for the sins of all or only for your sins?

you and your ilk, don't seem to be believers in Christ or what He taught....if you have some proof that i am wrong on this, please share with us what makes you a Christian and follower of Christ!

Who gives a hoot on whether kids can say some memorized prayer in school.....that has NOTHING AT ALL to do with being a Christian dear....nada, not a thing......

After all, Jesus was a liberal

After all, Jesus was a liberal

More dishonest hackery.

I think one of the coolest things the USA has going is a peaceful change of power. Regardless of how divided the country is, when the new president is sworn in that president is recognized and the people accept it (may not like it) but accept it nonetheless.

I think those ten commandments are a pretty good guide to conduct. I support them and strive to abide. I also appreciate these values:

To the feeble show kindness
Do not insult the downtrodden,
Do charitable deeds, render service all your days,
Do not utter libel, speak what is of good report,
Do not say evil things, speak well of people.

I think one of the coolest things the USA has going is a peaceful change of power. Regardless of how divided the country is, when the new president is sworn in that president is recognized and the people accept it (may not like it) but accept it nonetheless.

I think those ten commandments are a pretty good guide to conduct. I support them and strive to abide. I also appreciate these values:

To the feeble show kindness
Do not insult the downtrodden,
Do charitable deeds, render service all your days,
Do not utter libel, speak what is of good report,
Do not say evil things, speak well of people.

For all my disappointment in the '00 election, the one bright spot was that tanks didn't hit the streets and no matter how hateful some were towards the USSC, no one was arrested. Thank you, FFs AND thank you, ACLU!!!

do you do these things traitor ???

Forum List

Back