Would abolishing the right to own a gun prevent gun related crimes?

polarbear

I eat morons
Jan 1, 2011
Canada
I live in Canada but have spent a good portion of my time before I retired working in the US.
As a non US resident I would not have a legal right to go into a store to buy & register a gun. Nevertheless getting one is as easy as asking a black guy to buy me a gun in a black neighborhood.
In Canada owning a gun is not a right...it is a "privilege"....that is if you are non "native"...native meaning aboriginal. Then you have that right on top of going hunting anywhere at any time...even at night using a spot light ! It is next to impossible to buy a gun in Canada and you can forget about it altogether if you cite self defense as a reason for wanting one. But it is just as easy to get one illegally as it is in a US black neighborhood if you go shopping for one on an Indian Reservation. I know that because I lived on a couple of them. Obviously any area where almost every road sign is riddled with bullet holes is an indication that there are lots of guns around and that those who own them do not just use them to perpetuate their "traditional live style" and culture.
So what do you think from where these criminals got the guns that have been used in Canada:
Spike in gun and gang violence in Canada has experts worried
"We're struggling in relation to why that's happening," said Patterson, noting that more and more gang members are using guns to settle personal and drug disputes.

Last December, Ottawa police arrested 13 people and seized two dozen firearms following a six-month investigation called "Project Sabotage". One of the firearms recovered by police had a 'bump stock', an illegal modification that simulates the firing characteristics of a fully automatic weapon

Then he goes on saying that "some" of the guns were stolen from lawful gun owners.
As if that were an explanation! "Some" how many or how few is "some" and it does not address where the rest of them came from. Which they full well do know but P-correctness prevents them from saying so.
These guns make it into the country the same way as contraband tobacco drugs or everything else that is either way more expensive in Canada or outright illegal. With tobacco smuggling the authorities did not hesitate to point the finger at Indian Reserves that are close to or border with the US...that is before we got a liberal Prime Minister. Now the regular Police is barred from entering any Reservation unless they have permission of Chief & council. And if they pull over and search a car driven by natives on a road outside a Reservation it`s called racial profiling. The point is that no amount of gun restrictions will prevent any crimes committed by people who don`t give a rat`s ass about what is legal and what is not and are shielded from police by pc-liberal politiciens!

Last edited:
I live in Canada but have spent a good portion of my time before I retired working in the US.
As a non US resident I would not have a legal right to go into a store to buy & register a gun. Nevertheless getting one is as easy as asking a black guy to buy me a gun in a black neighborhood.
In Canada owning a gun is not a right...it is a "privilege"....that is if you are non "native"...native meaning aboriginal. Then you have that right on top of going hunting anywhere at any time...even at night using a spot light ! It is next to impossible to buy a gun in Canada and you can forget about it altogether if you cite self defense as a reason for wanting one. But it is just as easy to get one illegally as it is in a US black neighborhood if you go shopping for one on an Indian Reservation. I know that because I lived on a couple of them. Obviously any area where almost every road sign is riddled with bullet holes is an indication that there are lots of guns around and that those who own them do not just use them to perpetuate their "traditional live style" and culture.
So what do you think from where these criminals got the guns that have been used in Canada:
"We're struggling in relation to why that's happening," said Patterson, noting that more and more gang members are using guns to settle personal and drug disputes.

Last December, Ottawa police arrested 13 people and seized two dozen firearms following a six-month investigation called "Project Sabotage". One of the firearms recovered by police had a 'bump stock', an illegal modification that simulates the firing characteristics of a fully automatic weapon

Then he goes on saying that "some" of the guns were stolen from lawful gun owners.
As if that were an explanation! "Some" how many or how few is "some" and it does not address where the rest of them came from. Which they full well do know but P-correctness prevents them from saying so.
These guns make it into the country the same way as contraband tobacco drugs or everything else that is either way more expensive in Canada or outright illegal. With tobacco smuggling the authorities did not hesitate to point the finger at Indian Reserves that are close to or border with the US...that is before we got a liberal Prime Minister. Now the regular Police is barred from entering any Reservation unless they have permission of Chief & council. And if they pull over and search a car driven by natives on a road outside a Reservation it`s called racial profiling. The point is that no amount of gun restrictions will prevent any crimes committed by people who don`t give a rat`s ass about what is legal and what is not and are shielded from police by pc-liberal politiciens!
There is a hidden meaning on why Guns were to be confiscated and that was the Southern White Democrats of the South didn't want black people to be able to defend themselves against said Democrats (KKK). Today when history isn't remembered it tends to repeat itself, thus if American Citizens are disarmed, then you have Democrats doing this and no one can protect themselves. And the government just sat there and allowed it to happen.

Dear polarbear
more people AGREEING to enforce the same laws
and stop abusing them to VIOLATE rights of others
is what is going to reduce and prevent crime. By correcting the causes of it.

It's agreement on the spirit of the laws and respect for consent of the people as the Authority of laws and contracts that makes civil society work democratically.

Hi, Emily!
Only to the law abiding.

Dear polarbear

It's agreement on the spirit of the laws and respect for consent of the people as the Authority of laws and contracts that makes civil society work democratically.

Just to emphasize how the Govt sees law abiding citizens who own guns AFTER they get the power to confiscate --- stare at this for awhile while you're debating giving the government the power to REMOVE weapons..

Australia-Gun-Amnesty.jpg

Hi, Emily!
Only to the law abiding.

Dear polarbear

I was just going to say, that is assuming that even MOST people can agree or even want to. I don't think criminals care much at all about getting along and agreeing. Lol. They want to take advantage of people and take things from them.

There is nothing a criminal likes more than a defenseless victim. That is the only truth we really need to understand.

rendering the owning of a gun, a crime----would increase crime
stats----related to guns

The only guns that will be confiscated will be registered ones
THINK about THAT

Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the US.
Last year in Chicago they had over 3500 people shot and 625 killed. Obviously gun control does not stop violent thugs...

Let me ask you....have you ever heard the argument for why that statement is retarded? If you have, why are you ignoring it and posting
your dishonest crap? If not...why are you so stupid?

Well, the point of the matter is that my rights are not contingent on the actions of anyone else, especially criminals who are well known to violate laws and other people's rights.

If I commit a crime with a gun, then come after me. Until then, you can't assume that I'm a "potential" criminal because I have a gun and confiscate my weapon from me when I have done nothing wrong or broken any laws or violated anyone else's rights or abused my own rights.

Forum List

Back