Worthless Cops

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by dmp, Dec 20, 2004.

1. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    ...was reading a thread by an acquaintance in another forum...details are:

Guy driving down freeway...BOOM! Tire blows/goes flat. He takes the first exit off the freeway; there was no shoulder to pull onto. Just so happens this exit is 'carpool only'; WA State Trooper sees his car pull off. Cop follows, and Cites the kid for "Restricted Occupancy Lane Violation"; in spite of the cop being pointed towards and recognizing the blown/flat tire. "There is no excuse..blah blah blah", as he writes citation; $150.

Please - somebody - anyone - try to convince me Traffic laws are about anything MORE than generating revenue for government? Or - maybe just try to convince me traffic laws are MORE about safety than revenue generation....I doubt it can be done.

I'm convinced the cop in question should be fired; he clearly has VERY poor judgement.

(sigh).

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    two things:

1. worthless cop is redundant

and

B. if it was a hot chick with a rack he would have changed it for her

3. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

I'm more pissed off at that 'particular' cop..not cops in general, whom I believe to be generally good people, following money-grubbing policies of politicians.

:)

4. JOKER96BRAVO

JOKER96BRAVO Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +285
    As a youngster, I would often get harrased by the cops in my very small
    town. They would pull me over every night for any reason just to F&^k with
    me. I got pulled over once for not using a turn signal to pull into my driveway.
    I got a new truck and the pull overs stopped for a while till I was driving this
    girl home and she was drinkin a beer (young mistake). She spotted a cop
    and tossed the beer out the window, cops turned around (cause there are
    only so many people to mess with at 4:00 am) and saw the beer rolling down
    the street. I remember it like it was yesterday, officer Tom Benge walked
    up and knocked on my window and said "Sean, you got a new truck". I was
    lucky the girl had a warrant, so no ticket for me. The pull overs resumed as
    normal after that night. To this day, anytime I go home I get pulled over by
    the same dicks that used to bust my balls as a kid. I like cops and appreciate
    the job they do, but that shit is uncalled for!

5. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    ok good people bad rules....but a hot chick with a big rack can generally bend the rules

6. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    The State Troopers proved conclusively to me that they have no interest in stopping traffic violations and are only interested in a source of money when, in Pennsylvania, they started using unmarked white, red, and steel blue cars to catch speeders on the PA Turnpike.

Studies have proven time and time again that MARKED POLICE CARS sitting on the side of the road slow drivers down between 5-15 mph. Studies have shown that UNMARKED police cars have no similar effect because they only catch ONE person...and everyone else drives by without paying much attention.

IF their goal was to slow people down, make the roads safer, etc. then they would ALWAYS use marked cars because it has the supposedly desired effect of slowing down the largest number of drivers.

But they are not interested in slowing people down, keeping people safe...they are interested in catching a speeder and giving him a $200 ticket...plain and simple.

7. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

Very accurate - except speed doesn't mean danger. It's simply not true; the slogan they pass on to a willing public: "Speed Kills". On the surface it sounds great! But according to actual DATA it's not true.

Taxation thru Citation. Pure and simple. And we eat it up. We allow it. Cops for for The Public; If this were a TRUE democratic nation, governments would hear the voice of the people. A voice which screams "We WANT to drive 70 or 80 on the freeway.".

Instead of creating 'better' drivers, we simply try to 'slow drivers down'. Instead of teaching kids to be conscious, active drivers, we add airbags and traction control. :-/

And we put up with it.

8. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    -d-

worse than taxation through citation...how would you feel if, through a random system, you had to pay your taxes this year, but your neighbor (who is of equal income level, lifestyle, familysize, etc) didn't have to pay any taxes whatsoever...so youre chatting over the fence and you say, "I hate taxes!" and he said, "hmm...yeah, I didn't have to pay any taxes this year at all...."

Cops pull over only one speeder in 100...teaching people NOT that speeding is caught and punished...but that getting caught speeding is a bit like paying a "speeding tax." You have to pay it once in awhile for the right to speed.

And of course, if you are young, male, and are driving a "fast" looking car...you might get "taxed" more than the mom in the mini-van who passed you going 90...

9. JOKER96BRAVO

JOKER96BRAVO Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +285
    Speeding tax huh...
    Never thought of it like that.
    I sure have paid my fair share of those!

10. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    I hope he takes that one to court!

Where did this take place? Not too many HOV-only exits that I'm aware of around here.