Worst Way to Start a Monday - Read about one of the most tragic murders ever!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Just a precursor:
The wealthy couple were well-respected in the area for providing a home for children with autism, Down syndrome and other developmental problems, and "especially Melanie has been referred to as an angel," the sheriff told the CBS "Early Show."

Morgan told ABC's "Good Morning America" that the crime happened quickly.

This is horrible. This is tradgic! How can people be so heartless! This Saints, absolute Saints, deserved metals and honors and not to be killed by to thugs. This has really upset me to no degree. Killing two people who selfless gave so much.

What is going to happen to these children! They lost the 2 most loving people in the world. No one can replace their parents, especially these 2 saints.

Two Held in Murder of Florida Couple With 16 Kids Due in Court - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com
PENSACOLA, Fla. — Two men arrested on murder charges in the slaying of a Florida couple who adopted a dozen children with developmental disabilities went to their house intending to burglarize it, according to arrest warrants.
dozen children with developmental disabilities went to their house intending to burglarize it, according to arrest warrants.

The suspects were due in court Monday, a day after they were arrested by authorities probing the shootings. Day laborer Wayne Coldiron, 41, turned himself in to Escambia County authorities and Leonard P. Gonzalez Jr., 35, was arrested in neighboring Santa Rosa County, Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan said.

Earlier Sunday, authorities charged Gonzalez's father, Leonard P. Gonzalez Sr., with evidence tampering. Police said the 56-year-old tried to paint over and hide damage on a red van that was spotted on surveillance video leaving the home where Byrd and Melanie Billings were shot to death Thursday. Eight of the couple's children were asleep in the house when the shootings took place.

They were charged with open murder because the investigation is ongoing and more charges may be added, Morgan said.

The charge of open murder does not require prosecutors to choose between first- and second-degree murder at arraignment or trial, but instead leaves it to a jury to decide the appropriate degree of the charge.

Last edited:
I read about his over the weekend; it makes me sick to my stomach. My heart goes out to that family. Those poor kids.

Stupid Sick Freaks!

Did these a$$holes really think they weren't going to get caught? I hope they rot in the deepest darkest pit of hell!

This reminds me of another murder that happened here, 3 boys (around 18-19 years old) went to rob a house, and ended up also murdering a 14 year old girl, and an 18 and 21 year old boy. They are rotting in jail, the parents of the children didn't want the death penalty, said too many people had already died.

The kids will be split up and possibly go to unsympathetic foster homes. Which many of them may have experienced before. Hopefully they were taken care of financially in the will and their inheritance will go in "tamper proof" trusts.

Those bastards should fry.

In the old days the people arrested were immediately shot or hanged. Criminals fear an angry mob more than anything and thus the old days we had much less crime. Criminals do not fear the law, they enjoy the court circus and prisons are a much better standard of living than they are used to. So we got much more crime and the liberals don't want a death penality. That's the answer to why we got animals like those killing this couple. We must put to death all human preditors.

Just a precursor:
The wealthy couple were well-respected in the area for providing a home for children with autism, Down syndrome and other developmental problems, and "especially Melanie has been referred to as an angel," the sheriff told the CBS "Early Show."

Morgan told ABC's "Good Morning America" that the crime happened quickly.

This is horrible. This is tradgic! How can people be so heartless! This Saints, absolute Saints, deserved metals and honors and not to be killed by to thugs. This has really upset me to no degree. Killing two people who selfless gave so much.

What is going to happen to these children! They lost the 2 most loving people in the world. No one can replace their parents, especially these 2 saints.

Two Held in Murder of Florida Couple With 16 Kids Due in Court - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com
PENSACOLA, Fla. — Two men arrested on murder charges in the slaying of a Florida couple who adopted a dozen children with developmental disabilities went to their house intending to burglarize it, according to arrest warrants.
dozen children with developmental disabilities went to their house intending to burglarize it, according to arrest warrants.

The suspects were due in court Monday, a day after they were arrested by authorities probing the shootings. Day laborer Wayne Coldiron, 41, turned himself in to Escambia County authorities and Leonard P. Gonzalez Jr., 35, was arrested in neighboring Santa Rosa County, Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan said.

Earlier Sunday, authorities charged Gonzalez's father, Leonard P. Gonzalez Sr., with evidence tampering. Police said the 56-year-old tried to paint over and hide damage on a red van that was spotted on surveillance video leaving the home where Byrd and Melanie Billings were shot to death Thursday. Eight of the couple's children were asleep in the house when the shootings took place.

They were charged with open murder because the investigation is ongoing and more charges may be added, Morgan said.

The charge of open murder does not require prosecutors to choose between first- and second-degree murder at arraignment or trial, but instead leaves it to a jury to decide the appropriate degree of the charge.

THey'll get the needle in FL.

The kids will be split up and possibly go to unsympathetic foster homes. Which many of them may have experienced before. Hopefully they were taken care of financially in the will and their inheritance will go in "tamper proof" trusts.

The kids are not going to be split up. The daughter is carrying on their work.

What dumb crooks these guys were. They were being filmed.

They were only in the house for four minutes. Sounds like a revenge killing to me.

That's sad...

Here's another sad one:

Father Dies Trying to Save Son From Irate Driver in Chuck E. Cheese Parking Lot - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

A man walking his young son across a street was mowed down and killed by a driver who bashed into seven cars as he tore through a New York neighborhood, police said.

The driver reportedly got into a fight with his wife in the parking lot of a Chuck E. Cheese restaurant in Baychester, got in his car and erratically drove through the parking lot and streets.

Time to fire up ol' sparky again - just for these sick bastards. I've read about this family before... what a generous, amazing family. A society is judged by how it treats the vulnerable.

Howerver, I heard on the radio. That many family and friends are stepping up to the plate and caring for these children. Many are offering their homes and support. So at least they won't be in unsympathetic foster homes. I do believe the family had grown non-handicapped children. Hopefully they will step to the plate!

i do not believe in capital punishment but it does seem some people truly deserve to die.

In cases such as this, not only do I belive in capital punishment, but I also believe that their execution should be as long and painful as possible. Maybe they could bring back the Wheel for certain crimes.

Forum List

Back