Worst Scenario for the Right!!

Caddell and Schoen are two "Dem pollsters" who have nothing good at all to say about their party. This is at least the second time Schoen has argued for the Prez to step down. They dont' believe for a second that it would happen and they're just trotting out shit like this to be trolls and and try to capture part of the media narrative.

Just how much coverage have these two phonies gotten with their trolling op-eds, anyway?

They're washed-up Dem operatives who haven't been relavent since the 80s, trying to get their names back in the paper.

They've both been strongly anti-Obama since the day he announced his candidacy.

Caddell and Schoen are two "Dem pollsters" who have nothing good at all to say about their party. This is at least the second time Schoen has argued for the Prez to step down. They dont' believe for a second that it would happen and they're just trotting out shit like this to be trolls and and try to capture part of the media narrative.

Just how much coverage have these two phonies gotten with their trolling op-eds, anyway?

They're washed-up Dem operatives who haven't been relavent since the 80s, trying to get their names back in the paper.

Indeed.

And btw, PC? Not sure if you really believe the tripe you posted from these guys yourself but in case you do, the Prez really is NOT that unpopular, despite how crappy things still are, so there is NO good reason for any self-repsecting Democrat to write something like this about the top guy in his party.

Indeed.

And btw, PC? Not sure if you really believe the tripe you posted from these guys yourself but in case you do, the Prez really is NOT that unpopular, despite how crappy things still are, so there is NO good reason for any self-repsecting Democrat to write something like this about the top guy in his party.

Sometimes I think that they really think that Hillary is going to run, and they'd end up getting cabinet positions, and sometimes I think they're just being assholes. I'm not 100% sure.

I do know that they're completely irrelevant at this point - they haven't been connected to national politics in 20 years.

Indeed.

You're making a mistake here.
These two wrote a similar op-ed suggesting changes in Obama's policies, and that if he didn't do so he would pay a penalty in the mid-term elections.

Shall I remind you of the fact that he ignored said instructions, and what the result was?

"The American Tea Party movement is the biggest winner of Tuesday's election. Overwhelming victories by "We The People" candidates confirm the movement to be a powerful force forever changing the landscape of US politics."
Tea Party triumph in the midterm elections | Lloyd Marcus | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

The OP was the article from the Washington Post. Certainly not my fav (the Washington Compost).

My view is that this insufferable bore will never step aside, although the White House knows and accepts everything that Caddell and Schoen say.
If you believe it is 'tripe,' please specify what aspects of their op-ed is so.

The two reasons he won't:
a. He, and I suppose you, have an inflated view of his ability.

b. This, from Robert Schlesinger, USNews and World Report:

(The Dems can's take a chance on losing the black constituency....so, here we are.
They're pretty much saddled with this donkey.)

"...what would happen if a smaller percentage of blacks turned out:

- At 90 percent black turn-out, Wisconsin’s 10 electoral votes slide into the GOP column.

- At 75 percent black turn-out, Pennsylvania’s 21 electoral votes go Republican.

- At 70 percent Michigan’s 17 electoral votes turn from blue to red.

- At 50 percent the GOP collects Delawre’s three electoral votes.

I don’t know what a realistic number to project is for the effects of angry black apathy, but I’ll stop at 50 percent. It may be that going as low as 75 percent is unrealistic. Most likely it’s impossible to say. (And this doesn’t take into account things like congressional districts where black voters make the margin of difference.)"
Do Democrats need the black vote? | RobertEmmet Democrats need the black vote? | RobertEmmet

But what exactly would that mean? In how many states do black voters make the difference? I ran some rough numbers over at Robert Emmet -- check them out. Depending on how much of a drop-off you assume, it could cost the Democrats 10 to 76 electoral votes.
Robert Schlesinger: The Democrats and the Black Vote

BTW...if Obama gets a mere 88% of the black vote, he would get a million votes less than '08.

Last edited:
No...I'm on the Right, and fondly wish this empty suit to run...and be embarrassed by the result.

Liar. As pointed out earlier, the last two Democratic presidents who decided not to run saw the nominees lose as a result. Obama has the best chance to win of any possible Democratic nominee. You know that. You're full of it.

Last edited:
That's the reason they want someone other than Obama, Dragon. If it's Obama that runs against ANY current GOP candidate, he's gonna win.

That's the reason they want someone other than Obama, Dragon. If it's Obama that runs against ANY current GOP candidate, he's gonna win.

With the spending doubling that of the previous administration
Unemployment that increased from 6.7% to currently struggling not to go any further than 9%
UNDERemployment at 18.20% as of November 2011
The upcoming failure of the supercommittee and Obama to come up with any significant spending cuts
An increase in home forclosures for the month of August, September, and now November

I don't see ANYTHING from this President that would make him electable. It's all about ego for Obama at this point which is why he will NEVER step aside, even to save his own party.

Underemployment Rate Chart and Data

Last edited:

With the spending doubling that of the previous administration
Unemployment that increased from 6.7% to currently struggling not to go any further than 9%
UNDERemployment at 18.20% as of November 2011
The upcoming failure of the supercommittee and Obama to come up with any significant spending cuts
An increase in home forclosures for the month of August, September, and now November

I don't see ANYTHING from this President that would make him electable. It's all about ego for Obama at this point which is why he will NEVER step aside, even to save his own party.

Underemployment Rate Chart and Data

The data that you post is daunting.

The mistake that we often make...we, meaning the Right, is in believing that the Left thinks the way we do.

It is very difficult to convince our Left-leaning friends who have been trained to respond to certain key words alone...words such as 'racism,' or 'right-wing,' or any of the pejorative terms generally applied to our side of the aisle.

In other words, the mass of the Leftist voters wait for the instructions, the 'clues,' provided by the Old Left Media rather than the candidate himself.

Case in point, the shining star in their firmament is a rapist...and that, it seems, is no concern.

Further, consistency is never a concern: they may have complained bitterly about a Republican (see Signing Statements), yet seem not to notice it when a Democrat does the same.

So, until the Right controls the media, and can throw the switch which makes the Left react as instructed, they may well be beyond reach.

Be aware, the Left has had a full half century perfecting the design...the radicals of the 60's are the media, the disseminators of information.

We must put the same efforts into this as they have.
Our advantage is that we are right, and they are wrong.

Remember, 20% of the electorate is sell-identified as liberal.
40% as conservative.

Last edited:
1.When Harry Truman and Lyndon Johnson accepted the reality that they could not effectively govern the nation if they sought re-election to the White House, both men took the moral high ground and decided against running for a new term as president. President Obama is facing a similar reality—and he must reach the same conclusion.

Luckily for those, like myself, who wish to see this sad excuse for a President - and, by extension, those who still support him- get the drubbing they so richly deserve, he is far too self-absorbed to do as Caddell and Schoen suggest.

Bravo, Mr. President...keep on keepin' on!
Any travel plans for 2013?

I read this, and found it facetious.

If you want to go with Truman or LBJ as examples of taking the high road and stepping aside in the face of unpopularity, the fact is, the Democrats STILL lost the elections that followed. Adlai Stevenson and Hubert Humphrey didn't do any better than they would have, may have done worse.

In Truman's case, it was never really clear if he wanted to serve a third term, since he had already been president for nearly 8 years.

The only reason why Hillary looks stronger on paper is that she's been above the fray of national politics. Since there is no real partisan divide on foreign affairs at this point, she can take the high road. The minute she has to start taking positions on health care, the economy, and so on, then she is subject to the same polarization.

Forum List

Back