Worst gift?

S

Shattered

What was the worst gift you received, and who did you receive it from?

Mr. P said:
You first. :dev3:

I can't even describe it..Other than it's a hat. I'd have to take a pic of it when I get home.

underwear, but then my parents have been giving me underwear as a joke ever since I was 11, so I'm not mad :)

A Cookbook is what i got. Do you think they're trying to send hints to me??? I cant cook to save my life. Guess it's time to really start trying though!

it wasn't me, but my husband's aunt. her sister-in-law gave her a "White Trash Cook Book"...this wouldn't have been so bad if they had a relationship where they could do stuff like that with each other, but the snobby one is an elitist liberal, and my hubby's aunt is a mid-income conservative.

i don't think i personally have ever gotten a gift i didn't like. i know i have received duplicate items, like books that i already have, and such.

Jessie said:
A Cookbook is what i got. Do you think they're trying to send hints to me??? I cant cook to save my life. Guess it's time to really start trying though!

Cooking is a sinch with the a recipe. Ever eat at a pizza place? That stuff is made by pimply 16 year olds who can't even balance a checkbook. Surely you can do it, too.

Jessie said:

i suppose if you don't like to cook at all, maybe it was inappropriate, but i actually asked for cookbooks this year.

besides, you may find you like some of the recipes in there. if you can read, and follow instructions, step-by-step, you can cook easily. just pick something like quiche or an omelet. then move onto more complicated things. a good book to use is The Joy of Cooking. It's like the Bible of many chefs and bakers.

my first kiss in 6th grade... there was missiletoe up on this doorway leading to a friend's house. with all the neighborhood kids out and playing with their new gifts, my friend katerina gave me a kiss... and bit my tongue hard!

she drew blood and i still have to live that one down anytime i talk to old friends from PA....

Forum List

Back