Worst General in History???

Okay.......if we're gonna talk foreign generals, how's Napoleon for ya?

Napoleon won too much to claim the title of "worst"

I would put forward every Italian general in World War II. They couldn't beat anyone. They couldn't beat the Ethiopians for God's sake and they weren't even in the same century. The impotence of their Army was only surpassed by the impotence of their navy.

This bothered me for a long time until I realized the thing about us Italians is that we ruled the world once already and had no real interest in reconquering it.

It appears to be a profound and abiding disinterest!

Have you heard the joke Jackie Mason does about the Italian Army?

They so lack toughness that in 1973 when the Arabs attacked the Israelis, the Italians surrendered.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OK. My bad. I only looked at the title of the thread and didn't see that the OP specified worst American general in history.

That has to be LTG Jonathan Wainwright for surrendering to the Japanese in 1942 at Corregidor which resulted in the Bataan Death March. Yeah, pretty unfair of me. But surrender is a disgrace. The Japanese regarded it as disgrace, and anyone who claims the warrior ethic should regard it as a disgrace as well. Wainwright's surrender led to years of humiliation for the poor bastards who had to endure that hell until a band of US Army RANGERS (among others) eventually rescued them at Cabanatuan in 1945.

I know this will be a very unpopular comment. I make no apologies. Just sharing my thoughts.

Your mileage may vary.

Napoleon won too much to claim the title of "worst"

I would put forward every Italian general in World War II. They couldn't beat anyone. They couldn't beat the Ethiopians for God's sake and they weren't even in the same century. The impotence of their Army was only surpassed by the impotence of their navy.

This bothered me for a long time until I realized the thing about us Italians is that we ruled the world once already and had no real interest in reconquering it.

It appears to be a profound and abiding disinterest!

Have you heard the joke Jackie Mason does about the Italian Army?

They so lack toughness that in 1973 when the Arabs attacked the Israelis, the Italians surrendered.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was just in Washington Square Park and realized that you need to take about 2,000 of the Washington Arches enclosing all of Washington Park, 6 deep on the bottom and go up 4 stories and still have it standing after 1,500 years of neglect to equal The Colosseum.

We perfected civilization, we brought water in from the mountains like we were dipping a bucket into a backyard well but when we left, the Church had people bathing in their own shit to clean up.

We even ended the Dark Ages by bringing civilizations greatest artists and artisians together.

We did our share. We did far more than our share. Let's see what would be left of America after 1,500 year of darkness

Forum List

Back