Worst fireseason in recorded history

Crap I just noticed I made a rather serious Typo, I said "I personally have never said the earth is warming" when I mean to say "I personally haven never said the earth is not warming."

Man that could have been some ammo to use against me indeed. sorry for the typo.

jesus.. college flashback. I'll probably go into a coma if you post Pussy Control.

I can agree to that. With Kirk it's either all or nothing. You accept his possible truth and we're all destroying the earth....otherwise, he'll continue to argue with you.

LIke I said, I believe humans are contributing. We're putting things into the atmosphere that we have to technology to avoid. And it's common sense that the stuff we put into the atmospher maybe isn't the best thing to be putting there. And it's commons sense that if the earth is warming, the things we put into the atmosphere certainly don't help...however. CO2 is a natural part of the atmosphere. Plants use it to breath, without it, plant-life would die.

What I don't agree with, is this AGW hysteria put forth by kirk and his cronies that we alone are destroying the earth. The earth killed entire species of animals during the ice age, on it's own without human help. If nature is going to take it's course, then it will regardless of human help. My thing, is that humans sit back and pretend like they KNOW every possible thing that could happen in nature...when in reality they don't. What if there is some sort of rapid climatic change that happens on other planets that scientists are unaware of. There could be scientific laws in regards to weather and climate that scientists are still unaware of. IMO, there are still too many unkowns in the scientific field to attribute the climatic change on a planet to humans.

My position, is that CO2 may assist global warming (but is not the "gloom and doom" greenhouse gas that everyone fears)....

And that water-vapor and the Sun have more to do with GW than humans. I can agree with you on your post though. I believe that we are contributing, but I don't think we're causing it, and I don't believe the gloom and doom part of it.

Thanks for the insulting post. I never said we were "destroying the earth." The sun will one day destroy the earth, not us. Here is a nice outline of the science behind global warming...

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

Thanks for the insulting post. I never said we were "destroying the earth." The sun will one day destroy the earth, not us. Here is a nice outline of the science behind global warming...

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

Well, I'm sorry Kirk, sometimes you bring the insults upon yourself by being stubborn and not accepting any kind of other reality or possibility. You're so bent on AGW caused by CO2 that you deny the fact that it hasn't been proven and that there are many more imporant factors. I've accepted the fact and admited that the globe may be warming, but I'm not going to jump on a bandwagon with AGW alarmists when proof hasn't been presented. We all know that CO2 is a green house gas and when it increases presence in the atmosphere, it correlates with warming---based on scientific experiments. However, in the earth's atmosphere...there are other gases at work, and CO2 doesn't make up a very large percentage of the atmosphere. Even the 8 billion tons that humans have put into the atmosphere is not as "scary" as it sounds. It still does not make up even close to a majority of the greenhouse gases. For example: water vapor is a worse greenhouse gas and is more present in the atmosphere than CO2...And also consider that of the 8 billion tons of CO2 released into the atmosphere...how much is absorbed by plant-life?

Many of us agree that CO2 is a greenhouse gas, and that humans should be more careful about what they put into the atmosphere, however, it is you who is not willing to accept our small disagreement that humans are causing global warming because we're putting CO2 into the air. You're stubborness and unwillingness accept anything less 100% agreement is what drives my insults...

Forum List

Back