Worst film ever made

Films that are so bad that they mesmerise.

1. Rocky Horror Picture Show - great if you are watching with a load of drunken students but unwatchable in a sober state.

2. The Patriot - Mel Gibson rewrites the War of Independence as the War to free the slaves. Take a sick bag.

3. Starship Trooper - something vaguely fascist about this piece of crap.

4. Yentl - Babs makes her last film for good reason.

5. Hawk the Slayer - mythical fantasy that misuses a host of great actors including Jack Palance. If you havent seen it then you are in for a treat..

Can you top this list ?

The first two are watchable.

2001 a Space Odyssey, now there's a film you need something strong to watch, or else fall asleep.
Aw! C'mon! All of Stanley Kubrick's films are great!

Are they? 2001 a Space Odyssey was so bad, so boring. Half way through the film someone started to speak and I was like, right, okay, the film starts now, and then more bullshit, so I turned it off. No idea what happens at the end.

AI was okay, I liked Full Metal Jacket, it's was okay too, a Clockwork Orange I thought he could have got the message across in about 5 minutes instead of 2 hours, and so it was like watching filling. I don't think I've seen anything of his before 2001 a Space Odyssey. Eyes Wide Shut, I hardly remember anything about that film other than Cruise and his wife in the bathroom together and I have no idea what they were doing there. The Shining, well, I read the book and it was great, but the film, I hardly remember that either.
Paths of Glory, Dr. Strangelove (or how I learned to love the bomb), Barry Lyndon, Spartacus, Lolita. All great films. I suggest you start with the most accessible namely Spartacus and Dr. Strangelove.

1. Rocky Horror Picture Show - great if you are watching with a load of drunken students but unwatchable in a sober state.

2. The Patriot - Mel Gibson rewrites the War of Independence as the War to free the slaves. Take a sick bag.

5. Hawk the Slayer - mythical fantasy that misuses a host of great actors including Jack Palance. If you havent seen it then you are in for a treat..

Can you top this list ?
6. "Wild at heart" by that incompetent boob, John lynch. Oh you forgot that atrocity, that supernova of bad cinema . A cine-graphic holocaust. I walked out of that monstrosity after 20 minutes and demanded my money back, and GOT IT. It was amazingly bad. Garbage, trash irrefutable irredeemable rubbish.
7) "Straw Dogs" by the purulent vulgar Sam Pakinpah, master of needless violence, gore and gimmicks. Blood and circuses. A waste of time and celluloid.
8) "American Buffalo". A train wreck of good intentions. Bad writing, self aware, Memet at his best, worst, I can't tell. Can anyone?
9) "No country for old men". OK, not a bad movie, the Coen brothers missed the mark here. They should have called this "no reason to watch". Watch Fargo or raising Arizona instead, far more satisfying.
10) Anything with Steven Segal . I try to keep a open mind, but let's not get carried away.

Last edited:

Can you top this list ?

2001 a Space Odyssey, now there's a film you need something strong to watch, or else fall asleep.
Aw! C'mon! All of Stanley Kubrick's films are great!

Are they? 2001 a Space Odyssey was so bad, so boring. Half way through the film someone started to speak and I was like, right, okay, the film starts now, and then more bullshit, so I turned it off. No idea what happens at the end.

AI was okay, I liked Full Metal Jacket, it's was okay too, a Clockwork Orange I thought he could have got the message across in about 5 minutes instead of 2 hours, and so it was like watching filling. I don't think I've seen anything of his before 2001 a Space Odyssey. Eyes Wide Shut, I hardly remember anything about that film other than Cruise and his wife in the bathroom together and I have no idea what they were doing there. The Shining, well, I read the book and it was great, but the film, I hardly remember that either.
Paths of Glory, Dr. Strangelove (or how I learned to love the bomb), Barry Lyndon, Spartacus, Lolita. All great films. I suggest you start with the most accessible namely Spartacus and Dr. Strangelove.

I don't think that's going to happen. Nothing much about Kubrick makes me want to seek out his other work.

Can you top this list ?

Hudson Hawk

Howard the Duck

Every M Night Shyamalan movie!

Shyamalan has good and bad movies.

When Sixth Sense came out this lass told me I would never figure out what was going on and five minutes into the movie I knew he was dead and left the movie...

I saw Jacobs Ladder and that is how I knew.

So all of his movie just are boring for me...
I saw Jacob's Ladder too. I thought it was pretentious.

I loved Sixth Sense. Well done.

Can you top this list ?

Yeah but the book is awesome.
Read the book and watch the movie. While stoned. Awesome.

Can you top this list ?
Yes, Braveheart. A movie based on a set of conditions that never happened and would never have been stood for no mater what the consequences.

Can you top this list ?

Hudson Hawk

Howard the Duck

Every M Night Shyamalan movie!

Shyamalan has good and bad movies.

When Sixth Sense came out this lass told me I would never figure out what was going on and five minutes into the movie I knew he was dead and left the movie...

I saw Jacobs Ladder and that is how I knew.

So all of his movie just are boring for me...
I saw Jacob's Ladder too. I thought it was pretentious.

I loved Sixth Sense. Well done.

I enjoyed both movies. Definitely quite different feel to each, but I think both did pretty well in their own ways.

Can you top this list ?
Yes, Braveheart. A movie based on a set of conditions that never happened and would never have been stood for no mater what the consequences.

Well we don't really know that..which is why it's not considered a documentary.

One of my all time faves along with Titanic!

No apologies!

Can you top this list ?

Well we don't really know that..which is why it's not considered a documentary.

One of my all time faves along with Titanic!

No apologies!

I enjoyed Braveheart, but Titanic? Ugh, no! I hated that movie. Kate Winslet's performance was awful.

Can you top this list ?

How did Patriot make it to #2 ? it was not that "bad" of a film to be on an all time bad film list. The film was mostly about his children, not freeing slaves, no idea where you get this from. Maybe you were unhappy with the outcome of the film when the British lost? of course they were made to look like idiots, so maybe that was a little unfair of Mel.

Can you top this list ?

How did Patriot make it to #2 ? it was not that "bad" of a film to be on an all time bad film list. The film was mostly about his children, not freeing slaves, no idea where you get this from. Maybe you were unhappy with the outcome of the film when the British lost? of course they were made to look like idiots, so maybe that was a little unfair of Mel.

Can you top this list ?

You are barking up the wrong tree. I could enjoy any number of films where the British Empire gets its arse kicked.
My problem with this one is the dishonesty. I suspect that it stems from Mel. The War of Independence was the war of white independence. The Brits were offering freedom to any slaves who came over to their side. Mel paints himself and his cause as being on the side of the slaves. Its laughable and dishonest and the film cannot be taken seriously.

I am not claiming that the Brits were being totally altruistic but they were a century ahead of the US in this respect.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rough-Crossings-Britain-American-Revolution/dp/0099536072&tag=

Can you top this list ?
Which parts do you have a problem with ?

Can you top this list ?

A movie based on a set of conditions that never happened and would never have been stood for no mater what the consequences.

I thought my statement was clear.

Can you top this list ?

A movie based on a set of conditions that never happened and would never have been stood for no mater what the consequences.

I thought my statement was clear.
Not really. Perhaps you could provide some detail ?

Forum List

Back