"Worst economy since the Great Depression." -Kerry 6/4/04

Well thats cause he isnt saying its the worst economy for America. He is saying its the worst economy for the political chances of the Democrats.

What a moronic statement. No surprise, though, given the source.

Ever notice how when Democrats criticize the economy, it's always the worst economy in decades, but when Republicans criticize the economy, they're accused of "talking down the economy?" Should we be accusing Kerry of talking down the economy?

if the economy is that bad, then why do i have a choice of 3 higher paying jobs to choose from, that the companies are practiacally been begging me to work for them. And I didn't even try that hard. I submitted only 5 applications. I don't even have an education past high school. But I do have work experience, and a great job history.

The only people who are pessimistic about the job market, are the college grads with no actual experience and a major in Sanskrit or some other useless degree. They are fearful of actual hard work and heaven forbid manual labor.

My hubby works for a small company with less than 30 employees, and he just got promoted and is now making $18/ hour in road construction contracting. He has no college education at all, and passed high school with a C average. His strongest point is math and logic, and he loves working outdoors. He is also very skilled in woodworking and if something would happen to his job he is in currently, he could easily be an apprentice.

ACLU, NYCFlasher, Bully et al. Care to explain why every economic indicator points to a Booming economy but the Dem party line is "Worst economy ever?"

I mean your the Kool-aid drinkers. I figured they'd tell you guys whats in the Kool-Aid.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
Well thats cause he isnt saying its the worst economy for America. He is saying its the worst economy for the political chances of the Democrats.

or maybe the slowest recovery since WW2?

Originally posted by nycflasher
or maybe the slowest recovery since WW2?

How do you make it recover any faster? You talk it up but can you back it up with examples?

The economy started to flag about March 2000...it dipped more after 9/11, but now in 2004, 2.5 years later and people are working again, business is picking up in retail, people are spending more again.

The ones that are truly having a hard time finding jobs are the ones that refuse to work in any other field than what they desire, and those who think they are too good to work a blue collar job because it might involve *gasp* getting dirty! Most of these people are computer science majors. These people are out of a job because the IT boom is over. Companies are realizing that they don't need as many people to do the tasks needed to run the IT area of the company. The people that once had a job, now can't find one that is in their field because IT majors are a dime-a-dozen. It's not the government's fault that they didn't learn other skills to be able to broaden their job prospects.

I didn't even bother to read the artical. John Kerry isn't exactly correct in anything historical....He talks from his ass and thats the best I can say about him....facts mean nothing nor does taking a firm stand. Aside from that - if the democrats can do better they had better pull a rabbit out of their hat - time is running out and Kerry seriously may be the best their party can put forward....yikes!

Originally posted by winston churchi
I didn't even bother to read the artical. John Kerry isn't exactly correct in anything historical....He talks from his ass and thats the best I can say about him....facts mean nothing nor does taking a firm stand. Aside from that - if the democrats can do better they had better pull a rabbit out of their hat - time is running out and Kerry seriously may be the best their party can put forward....yikes!

So thats why his face looks so wierd.

New Topics

Forum List

Back