Worst Date You have ever been on??

Said1 said:
A lot of it has to do with self worth and repeating old long set in behaviors.

And no not all the good men are taken. :tng:

Absolutely, and I could ask the same thing about men, why they sometimes throw away a great woman for a skankbot? I don't think it's a gender thing, it's just people making bad choices, some wise up some don't.

Honestly I have had some of my prettiest and nicest friends being dumped for someone that couldn't even lick their shoes, and we scratched our heads many nights over that.

Well, other than being married, I fit your profile, almost to a "T".....

Got my hair shortened not too long ago....

Tats, bike, sensitive, smart....wow I am a good catch, I better go see if my wife will praise me like she should!

I don't think most women go for bad men Mr. P. I think there is just more bad men than good ones and some women settle.

but......even good men turn bad.

But..... give me a bad man when he is young sowing his wild oats and turns good as he ages verses a good man that goes bad as he ages. Many women have lived with a good man for years only to discover he is a good man looking for an opportunity or reason to turn bad. You never know what you are getting you only hope for the best, be it man or woman.

Bonnie said:
Absolutely, and I could ask the same thing about men, why they sometimes throw away a great woman for a skankbot? I don't think it's a gender thing, it's just people making bad choices, some wise up some don't.

Honestly I have had some of my prettiest and nicest friends being dumped for someone that couldn't even lick their shoes, and we scratched our heads many nights over that.

Interesting Bonnie...Sure it goes both ways and I hope you can see the angle I'm coming from,
It's the one I'm most familiar with, the male side...I'm interested in what women think. Heck years ago,
I read cosmo just to see what you girls were up to and talkin about...It helped too, sort of.

Mr. P said:
Interesting Bonnie...Sure it goes both ways and I hope you can see the angle I'm coming from,
It's the one I'm most familiar with, the male side...I'm interested in what women think. Heck years ago,
I read cosmo just to see what you girls were up to and talkin about...It helped too, sort of.

Kudos for the effort, but Im not so sure Cosmo is all that demostrative of any woman you may want to be with??

Jarhead, that praise thing works both ways.......Tell her what a great catch she is as well.......you might even get lucky tonight........... ;)

Mr. P said:

I wasn't refering to women only either. It's an interesting topic.

You teach people how to treat you by your reaction to what they do to or for you.

If reaction is not apparent, they will continue in their activity.

no1tovote4 said:
You teach people how to treat you by your reaction to what they do to or for you.

If reaction is not apparent, they will continue in their activity.

This is also true, we get treated how we ask to be treated.

My son & I were talking about this last night. So many women are just not smart when it comes to men. It's really pathetic.

Worst date? There's probably many. But this one that sticks out in my mind.

When I decided to finally start leaving the house, I went to a jam my son, Aaron, was involved in. One of the men I'd met before, struck up a conversation and we talked most of the night. Shortly thereafter, he called for dinner. Aaron was furious as this man had/ has a reputation as a horn-dog. Well, to start with I had to drive to pick him up which was 45 minutes away. Had a very nice dinner, but I was on some new medication and couldn't think right, so conversation was an extreme minimum. He decided that we should go 'downtown' to hear some music. So, I drove[again]. Found a small bar with a nice group. We began to listen. He gets up & goes outside, the front is nothing but windows, and gets on his cell phone. Now me, a non-drinker is sitting in a bar, alone. Finally after 1/2 hour of this I tell him I've got to go, that I'm leaving. He seems perturbed that he has to end his conversation since I'm his way home. Get to his house, bid him a fond farewell. I'm don't remember if we even shook hands as he got out of my van. We would run into each other after that, we'd say hi....maybe. I've often wondered what he told the 'guys' about us, being the reputation he had. Don't really think it was mentioned. He knew Aaron was capable of hurting him.

Never been on a date myself but had a cousin who did...her boyfriend dumped her right before Valentine's day so he would'nt have to buy her anything. :finger3:

TheEnemyWithin said:
Never been on a date myself
c025.gif

Bonnie said:
Kudos for the effort, but Im not so sure Cosmo is all that demostrative of any woman you may want to be with??
That was years ago..back then I only had interest in the gals that read it...they tended to be...aaaa the adventurous
type.

Bonnie said:
This is also true, we get treated how we ask to be treated.
Now ya know...I think that hits the nail on the head...So, why do so many women want to be treated like dirt? And ya can't say that ain't true..if your statement is correct...just here on this board tally how many women are Still married. And then how many of them, if any, are happy.

Mr. P said:
Now ya know...I think that hits the nail on the head...So, why do so many women want to be treated like dirt? And ya can't say that ain't true..if your statement is correct...just here on this board tally how many women are Still married. And then how many of them, if any, are happy.

Some women think thats all they are worth being treated like dirt, maybe their mom was treated that way by dad and she put up with it. This is what they saw growing up. sometimes they just don't know who they are yet and don't know they are being treated badly, they think it's normal. I want to get a hold of these women and shake them to see if they have any brainsm, but them I realize they need help. They never had good role models growing up.

I only know what I saw growing up, which was two parents happily married that treated eachother with respect, didn't cheat on each other, my dad came straight home from work, they did things together, still do. So that's the model I use for myself. My mother raised me with a sense of esteem and to not take bull shit from men or anyone. I was lucky, others are not so lucky, but the trick is to learn and not repeat those mistakes. I made some mistakes when I was younger it happens, happily I removed myself from the problem and all is well now.

pretender said:
Well I think when girls are young they look for excitement. They think bad boys are exciting. Good can be boring. I don't think they realize bad boys are actually "bad" boys until later, after it's too late.

A "manly" good guy is hard to find.

Define manly good

pretender said:
Let me break it down for you sweetie. Manly..... a man who is a rough and tough kinda man. Strong, Clint Eastwood kinda man. Good meaning not a chauvinist, don't look down on women or think they are better than women, don't think women should stay barefooted and pregnant, kinda man. Manly and Good usually don’t mix. If they are manly they can’t be soft and thoughtful and caring etc. Don’t ask me why a man can’t be manly and good.

If only I could find a Clint Eastwood kinda man that respects women….. life would be good. Be still my heart!!! :cof:

ignore my previous post :clap1:

damn, being on leave for 2 weeks made me miss some of the best questions...

my worst date was right after my girlfriend cheated on me with a guy in california... these girls at my job (before the navy) set me up with one of their friends, who was gorgeous, intelligent (senior year of studying physics) and in the market for a good man. yay, everything was going great from the phone conversations and e-mail exchanges, then we went out to eat at a really nice outdoor greek place on hallendale beach.

then 2 of 2 terrible things happened in succession, the faint summer breeze drifted my way and carried with it my date's scent... which just happened to be the same body lotion as my ex (some expensive but very nice brazilian concoction)... then i saw my ex dry humping some other guy on the beach to the left of us...

i excused myself, left money with the waiter to pay for her meal and anything else she wanted and then ran eleven blocks to a friend's house to raid his liquor cabinet and pass out till the next morning...

Forum List

Back