Worst Country Artists

OCA

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2004
Washington D.C.
Went to a party last night and country was playing, now most of you old timers here know I rodeoed a little in my college days and mid 20's, llistened to alot of country like Strait, Haggard, Jones, Jennings, Asleep At The Wheel, LeDoux etc. etc. but i've stopped listening to country for a while now, it makes me vomit....so here are the worst of the worst:

1. Toby Keith
2. Kenny Chesney
3. Gretchen Wilson
4. Dixie Chicks
5. Big And Rich
6. Trace Adkins
7. Brooks And Dunn
8. Tim McGraw
9. Faith Hill
10. Keith Urban

All these people are whores for money and none sing anything but adult contemporary. Toby and Kenny are the worst offenders though.

Shove a cowboy hat onto a GQ model or Glamour cover girl, hand 'em a GITT-tar, and throw their asses out on the road. And, if they can sing a little - great! If not, just run their vocal channel through a pitch corrector.Turn out a few CDs a year using the same musicians, the same writers, the same producers, and - essentialy - six or eight variations on the same mediocre '60s garage band rock and roll song. Oh, and don't forget to work in a few lines about tractors.

Meanwhile, a genuine American philosopher like Merle Haggard can't even get arrested.

musicman said:
Shove a cowboy hat onto a GQ model or Glamour cover girl, hand 'em a GITT-tar, and throw their asses out on the road. And, if they can sing a little - great! If not, just run their vocal channel through a pitch corrector.Turn out a few CDs a year using the same musicians, the same writers, the same producers, and - essentialy - six or eight variations on the same mediocre '60s garage band rock and roll song. Oh, and don't forget to work in a few lines about tractors.

Meanwhile, a genuine American philosopher like Merle Haggard can't even get arrested.

Shit, ol' Haggard can't even get his newer stuff on the radio, too twangy they say. That stuff of his, even the new stuff is heads and shoulders above the new crap.

OCA said:
Went to a party last night and country was playing, now most of you old timers here know I rodeoed a little in my college days and mid 20's, llistened to alot of country like Strait, Haggard, Jones, Jennings, Asleep At The Wheel, LeDoux etc. etc. but i've stopped listening to country for a while now, it makes me vomit....so here are the worst of the worst:

1. Toby Keith
2. Kenny Chesney
3. Gretchen Wilson
4. Dixie Chicks
5. Big And Rich
6. Trace Adkins
7. Brooks And Dunn
8. Tim McGraw
9. Faith Hill
10. Keith Urban

All these people are whores for money and none sing anything but adult contemporary. Toby and Kenny are the worst offenders though.

You forgot Billy Ray Cyrus. Yech.

This is not to be argumentative--I agree with you that what we now have is country pop rather than C&W--but a lot of those artists on your list can sing and, in my opinion, are worth the $12 to $15 you plop down for one of their CDs. I like a lot of their songs, such as Toby's "I Love This Bar" and "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue" and Tim McGraw's "Everywhere." Keith Urban can not only sing, but he is a talented musician as well. I, for one, will buy his CDs, although he's not traditionally country. I'm really sorry that the Dixie Chicks got mixed up on the wrong side of politics in country music. I really liked their music, thought they were a great gal's group, and miss hearing them on the airwaves. That being said, your list IS a compilation of today's country POP artists.

Said1 said:
That's cause he's one of them there t.v. stars now!

You mean someone didn't just shoot him and put him out of my misery? Drat.

Adam's Apple said:
This is not to be argumentative--I agree with you that what we now have is country pop rather than C&W--but a lot of those artists on your list can sing and, in my opinion, are worth the $12 to $15 you plop down for one of their CDs. I like a lot of their songs, such as Toby's "I Love This Bar" and "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue" and Tim McGraw's "Everywhere." Keith Urban can not only sing, but he is a talented musician as well. I, for one, will buy his CDs, although he's not traditionally country. I'm really sorry that the Dixie Chicks got mixed up on the wrong side of politics in country music. I really liked their music, thought they were a great gal's group, and miss hearing them on the airwaves. That being said, your list IS a compilation of today's country POP artists.

Exactly, traditional country is dead except for a few select artists. What you have now is watered down crap.

OCA said:
Exactly, traditional country is dead except for a few select artists. What you have now is watered down crap.

Much like the Bubble Gum music you hear on the Pop Stations?

Actually, there is a lot of bubble gum Country Music nowadays, but there are good songs mixed in there. I prefer listening to Country over the current R&B repeat of the same theme over and over.

My favorite music is Heavy Metal though. Godsmack is a gift to society.

no1tovote4 said:
Much like the Bubble Gum music you hear on the Pop Stations?

Actually, there is a lot of bubble gum Country Music nowadays, but there are good songs mixed in there. I prefer listening to Country over the current R&B repeat of the same theme over and over.

My favorite music is Heavy Metal though. Godsmack is a gift to society.

I'm not sure I would call Godsmack a gift to society, but I agree, I love hard rock/metal, including Godsmack, Chevelle, Puddle of Mudd, Drowning Pool, etc.

gop_jeff said:
I'm not sure I would call Godsmack a gift to society, but I agree, I love hard rock/metal, including Godsmack, Chevelle, Puddle of Mudd, Drowning Pool, etc.

I'm different, I don't like today's metal. Give me some Motorhead, old Metallica, Slayer, Iron Maiden or Black Sabbath anyday.

OCA said:
I'm different, I don't like today's metal. Give me some Motorhead, old Metallica, Slayer, Iron Maiden or Black Sabbath anyday.

Love that stuff too. However Disturbed & Godsmack are very good modern Metal.

New Topics

Forum List

Back