Worship Music & Psalms

jerusalem-004.jpg

But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.
Psalm 22:3

The king's daughter is all glorious within: her clothing is of wrought gold.

She shall be brought unto the king in raiment of needlework: the virgins her companions that follow her shall be brought unto thee.

With gladness and rejoicing shall they be brought: they shall enter into the king's palace.
Psalm 45:13-15

Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.
1 Chronicles 16:29

I will never forget thy precepts: for with them thou hast quickened me. I am thine, save me: for I have sought thy precepts.
Psalm 119:93,94

83962e4446413718f1a2feb0cc405228.jpg

I made me pools of water, to water therewith the wood that bringeth forth trees:
Ecclesiastes 2:6

Mediterranean_cypress_tree_Vue0_156_0_img.jpg

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.
Jeremiah 17:7,8

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Romans 12:1

Spring-Bute-Park-Jon-Candy.jpg

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Psalm 1:1-3

Last edited:

And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
Revelation 19:6

35142.jpg

The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.
Proverbs 18:10

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Ephesians 6:10

It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

Lamentations 3:23,23

article-0-150B3626000005DC-299_964x639.jpg

What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
Psalm 8:4-6

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Psalm 91

6732616a4cce3ad54b2e50bcdbbdc860.jpg

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.

Psalm 46:1-3

I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Psalm 91:2

The Parable of the Sailboat Builder - Lighthouse Christian Fellowship

The Parable of the Sailboat Builder
Posted on Dec 1, 2014 in Devotions

“May God Himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Thessalonians 5:23

In his book the Life God blesses, Gordon MacDonald shares a parable about a foolish man who built a sailboat. In a desire to own the most impressive boat among the members of his boat club, he spared no expense in outfitting his new craft. The boat was outfitted with colorful sails, complex rigging, and comfortable appointments and conveniences in its cabin. The decks were made from beautiful teakwood; all the fittings were custom-made of polished brass.

After months of hard work, the day arrived for the launching and first voyage of the magnificent sailboat. It was christened with a bottle of champagne and the members of the boat club cheered wildly from the dockside. When the boat weighed anchor and the wind gradually filled the colorful sails, the boat sliced quickly through calm waters of the harbor into the oncoming waves of ocean.

For a time the man sailed smoothly along, enjoying the cool breezes coming across the bow of his new craft. He was still basking in the glory of his accomplishment that he did not notice the increasing strength of the waves and force of the wind. His inexperience on the open ocean resulted in his being caught in a sudden storm. He tried to return to port, but it was too late. Just a few minutes after he made his turn for home, a large wave hit the boat, and it capsized. A voyage that had started with so much fanfare and confidence ended in catastrophe.

Most sailboats right themselves after capsizing, but this man’s did not. What was the problem? The investigation revealed that the boat had a fatal flaw—it has more weight above the water line than below. The man invested heavily on the topside of the boat so others could see its extravagant beauty but he chose not to invest below the waterline because he thought it was unnecessary. Without proper ballast under the sailboat, it could not right itself after it capsized.

Thank God this story is simply a parable. The story though illustrates that the way a boat, a person’s life, or a church looks on the surface does not always tell the entire story. We know some people that looked healthy on the outside but did not have enough spiritual weight “below the waterline” to remain stable. People often invest heavily on things that beautify the physical but regularly ignore to invest in the spiritual. Therefore it creates an imbalance in their Christian walk leaving them vulnerable to the attacks of the enemy.

The Bible calls for wholeness in spirit, soul, and body. We must not ignore the nurturing of our spirit as we take care of our physical bodies. When our spirit is strong in the Lord, we can overcome trials and tribulations in life. We will not capsize when waves of problems come against us. So how can we nurture our spiritual life? Invest in prayer, meditation of God’s Word, and fellowship with fellow believers. Invest on things unseen like faith and love, and you will find stability in your life.

Have a blessed week!

Last edited:

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:9,10​

Forum List

Back