Worse Than Carter

Even when Obama's presidency ends in 2013, he will still not have the qualifications to be President. He will forever be known as the Affirmative Action Pres'ent.

here is the real reason they hate Obama so much.
It's true. Obama is totally unqualified to be a fellow citizen, let alone the President of the United States. He hates America. He is a walking, talking embarrassment and the only reason he was elected was that it would be "historic". Well, too bad for us. That's One Big Ass Mistake America!

Yup - Missouri Elected a Dead Man for Senate just to make hisory.

Obama thinks paying people not to work, giving them free food, healthcare & letting them stay in their foreclosed homes is stimulus. He is the handout president who punishes workers & rewards slackers. What a fucking idiot!

they thought it was poor judge for the president to lecture americans on the constitution when most conservatives weren't making their argument on the constitutionality of the mosque.

i actually think obama found himself in a very difficult position. he's getting slammed for speaking on the issue, but if he would have remained silent, conservatives would be asking"why hasn't the president weighed in yet?"

of course, he didn't help his cause by the remarks he made. but of course, that's about what we've come to expect from barry.

Like any president before him, he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. I'm just dismayed when he makes the correct choice and the opposition automatically disagrees. Conservatives would rather sit aside the principle of freedom of religion in the US Constitution because of partisanship and emotion? Really? Shame on them!

who's saying we should set aside the principle of freedom of religion?
and the real outrage over obama's comments was that he seemed to endorse the idea of the mosque in front of a muslim audience on friday, and then backed away from that stance in florida on saturday morning.

Matter of perception. Those that dispise him heard what they wanted to hear. He didn't say they should build their which would be an endorsement. He said they had a right to build there which is their constitutional right. That is a huge difference that is easily recognizable to anyone being logical and reasonable.

they thought it was poor judge for the president to lecture americans on the constitution when most conservatives weren't making their argument on the constitutionality of the mosque.

i actually think obama found himself in a very difficult position. he's getting slammed for speaking on the issue, but if he would have remained silent, conservatives would be asking"why hasn't the president weighed in yet?"

of course, he didn't help his cause by the remarks he made. but of course, that's about what we've come to expect from barry.

Like any president before him, he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. I'm just dismayed when he makes the correct choice and the opposition automatically disagrees. Conservatives would rather sit aside the principle of freedom of religion in the US Constitution because of partisanship and emotion? Really? Shame on them!

They have pushed themselves into a box where they have to pick party over country at every turn.

That happens when your arguments depend on lies.

TM.......pot calling the kettle black. Your hate and partisanship has equally blinded you.

It's much worse than that. Obama has flip flopped and his staff is busy walking back his comments.

and the real outrage over obama's comments was that he seemed to endorse the idea of the mosque in front of a muslim audience on friday, and then backed away from that stance in florida on saturday morning.

Matter of perception. Those that dispise him heard what they wanted to hear. He didn't say they should build their which would be an endorsement. He said they had a right to build there which is their constitutional right. That is a huge difference that is easily recognizable to anyone being logical and reasonable.

judging by the applause he received from the muslim audience, imo they felt like he was giving an endorsement.
if you're going to speak at all about the mosque, why only choose to talk about the constitutionality of it (which no one is arguing?) if that's all you're going to say, you have to realize people are going to take that as an endorsement. i think his advisors realized that, that's why he made the comments he did on saturday.

judging by the applause he received from the muslim audience, imo they felt like he was giving an endorsement.
if you're going to speak at all about the mosque, why only choose to talk about the constitutionality of it (which no one is arguing?) if that's all you're going to say, you have to realize people are going to take that as an endorsement. i think his advisors realized that, that's why he made the comments he did on saturday.

If he were speaking to a Christian audience and said they had a constitutional right to build a church wherever they desired, do you think they wouldn't applaud too? Do you honestly think any president in his right mind would wade into whether Christians or Muslims should build in a particular location or not? If they speak to it at all, it should be to the constitutional legality of it. Can you imagine a president saying, "constitutionally, a negro can drink from the same water fountain as a white man.......but it is just so unseemly that he shouldn't." A president is the president of ALL Americans and he takes an oath to defend the Constitution. My point in the threads I've participated in is that while we might have emotional reasons why we think someone shouldn't do something, it boils down to whether or not they have a Constitutional right. We can't just pay lip service. We either follow it all the time or it is meaningless. We don't suspend our defense of it when we don't personally like something. That isn't left or right, that is just being a patriotic American.

You can say that no one is arguing whether it is Constitutional or not.......but at the end of the day, that is the ultimate question and all that really matters.

Last edited:
LOL, good to see the "hacks" still using Wikipedia for their "truth source":lol:

That from the genius who used the American Spectator as her source,

and is too stupid to see the irony.

btw, anyone who rejects wikipedia as a useful source,

please, name a source that is better.

You can't.

They ignore that it is sourced too.

Trying to discredit wiki is what you do when you don't have a GOOD answer.

If he were speaking to a Christian audience and said they had a constitutional right to build a church wherever they desired, do you think they wouldn't applaud too? Do you honestly think any president in his right mind would wade into whether Christians or Muslims should build in a particular location or not? If they speak to it at all, it should be to the constitutional legality of it. Can you imagine a president saying, "constitutionally, a negro can drink from the same water fountain as a black man.......but it is just so unseemly that he shouldn't." A president is the president of ALL Americans and he takes an oath to defend the Constitution. My point in the threads I've participated in is that while we might have emotional reasons why we think someone shouldn't do something, it boils down to whether or not they have a Constitutional right. We can't just pay lip service. We either follow it all the time or it is meaningless. We don't suspend our defense of it when we don't personally like something. That isn't left or right, that is just being a patriotic American.

You can say that no one is arguing whether it is Constitutional or not.......but at the end of the day, that is the ultimate question and all that really matters.

i didn't think a president in his right mind would say a police officer acted stupidly without knowing the facts. or say that doctors take out children's tonsils ot make more money. we have to remember who we're talking about here.

i just don't see why obama felt the need to tell america the builders have a right to build the mosque, when very few (and i don't believe any high profile) opponents were saying they didn't have a right.

if obama didn't realize that most americans would interpret that comment as an endorsement, i think he's stupid or naive.

you can defend someone's freedom of speech while at the same time criticize them for cursing in front of your children.

It's true. Obama is totally unqualified to be a fellow citizen, let alone the President of the United States. He hates America. He is a walking, talking embarrassment and the only reason he was elected was that it would be "historic". Well, too bad for us. That's One Big Ass Mistake America!

The founders determined the qualifications and he mets them all.

You just dont think a Black man can be qualified to be president
Not THAT black man. There are plenty of others immanently qualified.

I've come to the conclusion Obama is too smart for the average American voter. When you say you do not want to get into the merits of a discussion about something, you assume a pro and con debate. Obama was a law student and editor, he needs to be more like Reagan or Bush Jr just say dumb slogans and all is well. Complexity confuses the narrow minded. American memes have great power, he needs not to stray when asked a question.

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." Winston Churchill

There was no good choice of the two main parties for president.

The likihood of having the worst modern president was fairly high to begin with.

Obama is in the running, we have almost two years for final confirmation. Some of these guys had decent second halfs. Hope for the best, expect the worst.
The only reason Clinton had a "good" second term was that a Republican congress took over.

I've come to the conclusion Obama is too smart for the average American voter. When you say you do not want to get into the merits of a discussion about something, you assume a pro and con debate. Obama was a law student and editor, he needs to be more like Reagan or Bush Jr just say dumb slogans and all is well. Complexity confuses the narrow minded. American memes have great power, he needs not to stray when asked a question.
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." Winston Churchill

well you could be right on some points. look at all the idiots that fell for the lies and voted for THE BOYKING.:lol:

0bama is nothing but slogans and catch phrases. Too smart. Your being sarcastic obviously.

0bama is nothing but slogans and catch phrases. Too smart. Your being sarcastic
obviously.

Bil Clinton was a savvy politician. Barry Boy is not.

Yup - Missouri Elected a Dead Man for Senate just to make hisory.

Obama thinks paying people not to work, giving them free food, healthcare & letting them stay in their foreclosed homes is stimulus. He is the handout president who punishes workers & rewards slackers. What a fucking idiot!
True. You've got to give people incentives to motivate them. What incentive do people have to work for something if you give them all their necessities?

Yup - Missouri Elected a Dead Man for Senate just to make history.

True. You've got to give people incentives to motivate them. What incentive do people have to work for something if you give them all their necessities?

It goes far beyond even that. For every person the government allows to continue living in a foreclosed home for free it kills many local Main Street jobs & local taxes but increases profits for mega multinational corporations on Wall Street & increases jobs in foreign countries like China.

These slackers no longer pay their payments for property taxes or homeowners insurance so their local insurance agent fires all their employees & goes out of business. A big insurance company like AIG has deals with banks to put forced place coverage on homes that homeowners stop paying premium on. The slacker is likely not saving that money because he is going to file bankruptcy so he blew it on a Big expensive LCD HDTV made in China for a mega multinational corporation & sold by a Big Box store. Along with an expensive satellite HDTV subscription package. This all propped up Wall Street but killed the main-street economy, local taxes, & jobs in the USA.

The same goes for the local land lords who buys foreclosed homes & used to rent them to the slacker that now lives for free & lets the house fall apart around him & even steals the copper wiring & plumbing if he ever leaves. Government is propping up home prices so land Lords cant buy them & expand. It hurts the property managers, property maintenance companies, lawn care companies. The slacker blew his excess money on some expensive expensive sneakers, clothes & I-Phone made in China & sold by a Big Box store. He upped his cell phone plan to an expensive plan that include data. This propped up Wall Street but killed the main-street economy & jobs in the USA. These local companies used to invest their earnings right back into their local economy. Now the Big Multinational Companies invest in China.

This all slowed home sales which wiped out local realtor's, loan officers, home inspectors, movers, painters, carpenters, tree services, news paper advertising, direct mailers, office equipment service technicians, & the list goes on. The slacker spent his money on a vacation to Europe on a foreign airline & blew his wad over there. This just killed the main-street economy & jobs in the USA. These local companies used to invest their earnings right back into their local economy. Now the Big Multinational Companies invest in China.

Last edited:
I'm not sure he's worse than Carter...Yet. There's still time though. In some ways he is worse in that he has created so much debt which has completely sunk many future generations. However,his Unemployment numbers aren't quite as bad as Carter's numbers were. The similarities are pretty scary though. We are currently suffering through a miserable Jimmy Carter-like National Malaise. We are a beaten & demoralized nation at this point. This President's apology tours and suing his own fellow Americans in Arizona has led to an awful lot of bad feelings. So is he worse than Carter? It's a mixed bag of an answer. In some ways yes but in other ways no. However the similarities do make me cringe.

Have to agree with you. Carter faced a different situation. We were faced with a monolithic threat in the form of the Soviet Union and an emerging threat in the form of Iranian-sponsored international terrorism when Carter was in office. The Soviets invaded Afghanistan and we responded by boycotting their Olympics. Boy, that had the Russkies shitting in their pants. :rolleyes: And while I applaud Carter for authorizing the hostage rescue attempt, that was only one piece. The Iranians were gaining momentum and growing in influence. They were allowed to expand without challenge because Carter didn't know how to handle failure. The images of the wreckage at Desert One permanently paralyzed Carter.

Obama hasn't had the opportunity to fuck up on that scale. He's got a bunch of little, minor fuck-ups, but nothing major like Carter. But like you, I cringe at the similarities.

0bama is nothing but slogans and catch phrases. Too smart. Your being sarcastic obviously.

If that were true, why is the wingnut right crying 24/7 over the actual policies he's put in place, the legislation he's signed, and all of the rest of the substantive accomplishments he's achieved?

New Topics

Forum List

Back