Worse State in the Union - Illinois

Yep the only good thing about Cook county is lower property taxes, but they are still pretty fricking high!
You forgot about the food. course, I could go over to DuPage for most of that I guess.

Yea! And waking up this mourning with a mean hangover I noticed that there is a sales tax and then a nice alcohol tax!

I still dream about Portillo's hot dogs and chicago style pizza.

You forgot about the food. course, I could go over to DuPage for most of that I guess.

Yea! And waking up this mourning with a mean hangover I noticed that there is a sales tax and then a nice alcohol tax!

I still dream about Portillo's hot dogs and chicago style pizza.

Portillo Beefs are the bomb! From an objective point of view I prefer NY style pizza, Chicago style is a heart attack waiting to happen.

But to get prepared foods its only a 12.5% sales tax! Worst State in the Union! To truly know someone's motivation for doing something, you have to walk in he shoes of that person! I think we are now walking in the shoes of the Boston tea party! I think we have taxes without representation! I say taxes with no representation, because both parties tax and spend us to death. Yet there are no valid alternatives. Its like vote for one candidate and he will tax and spend us to death or vote for the other and he will also tax and spend us to death!

Real estate taxes are not computed base on market value.

They are based on assessed value.

Basically all assessed values are added up and divided by how much money your community needs to give you your mill rate.

If its done correctly you may be overpaying, but you are overpaying at the same unfair rate as everyone else in your real estate class.

Your problem isn't that your house is taxed unfairly, its that your community services are costing too much.

It's happening all over.

As the FEDS have been not revenue sharing fairly, the states and local government are being pressed to deal with problems that formerly they were paid to take care of though that revenue sharing system.

You are essantially paying too much so that the superwealthy don't have to.

Welcome to the world where shit rolls downhill, amigo.

First, they are trying to raise everyone property tax bills to nutty levels. I hired a lawyer to dispute it, but they are trying to raise my property tax by $1,100, when my home lost $30-$40K in value. Second, they raised our sales tax to the HIGHEST in the country. Fourth, our gas tax has been right their with CA and HI as highest in the nation. Fifth, they want to raise licensing fees. Now they want to raise our income tax by 50% to compete with CA as the highest in the country and they want to raise our corporate tax to drive out all the corporation in the State! Why don't these assholes get it? Why are they so fucking stupid? Cut spending and promote the corporation sector STUPID! IL is a shit hole of high taxes and corrupt politicians!

At least Blago state he would veto any income tax increase! Quinn, you douche bag communist, I never thought I would miss Blago!

Illinois income tax rate may rise by 50% - Topix

There's always Missouri. We lowered taxes on manufacturing companies, eliminated state tax on military retirements and are phasing out state tax on social security benifits by 2012. We have a state sales tax of 4.225% and the third lowest fuel tax in the country, only surpassed by OK and KY.

Also, as mentioned in Skull Pilots thread on Nebraska, Missouri leads the way on government accountability. Every citizen has access to a website that tracks every government expenditure...updated at the end of every business day. When we say 'SHOW ME' we mean it.

Real estate has always been affordable here and unemployment rates are significantly lower than the national average.

Good luck trying to change the Land of Lincoln, it's going to require a hurculean effort.

Real estate taxes are not computed base on market value.

They are based on assessed value.

Basically all assessed values are added up and divided by how much money your community needs to give you your mill rate.

If its done correctly you may be overpaying, but you are overpaying at the same unfair rate as everyone else in your real estate class.

Your problem isn't that your house is taxed unfairly, its that your community services are costing too much.

It's happening all over.

As the FEDS have been not revenue sharing fairly, the states and local government are being pressed to deal with problems that formerly they were paid to take care of though that revenue sharing system.

You are essantially paying too much so that the superwealthy don't have to.

Welcome to the world where shit rolls downhill, amigo.

Yeah, we happen to be the homeowners that actually understand property taxes. I don't mind the police, library, schools, etc. It's the county board, the airport, and such. They are part of the combine, I don't like paying for their travel, eats, hotels, etc. Corruption has become second nature to DuPage, just a jot down from Cook.

Forum List

Back