Worse State in the Union - Illinois

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GHook93, Mar 13, 2009.

1. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,930
    First, they are trying to raise everyone property tax bills to nutty levels. I hired a lawyer to dispute it, but they are trying to raise my property tax by $1,100, when my home lost $30-$40K in value. Second, they raised our sales tax to the HIGHEST in the country. Fourth, our gas tax has been right their with CA and HI as highest in the nation. Fifth, they want to raise licensing fees. Now they want to raise our income tax by 50% to compete with CA as the highest in the country and they want to raise our corporate tax to drive out all the corporation in the State! Why don't these assholes get it? Why are they so fucking stupid? Cut spending and promote the corporation sector STUPID! IL is a shit hole of high taxes and corrupt politicians!

At least Blago state he would veto any income tax increase! Quinn, you douche bag communist, I never thought I would miss Blago!

Illinois income tax rate may rise by 50% - Topix

2. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,930
    I want to point out that this is the State that has I believe 4 out of the last 6 govenors in jail (or going to jail) on corruption charges!

3. driveby

driveby Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,325
    Where's squealybozo when you need him ?

4. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,949
    Wisconsin isn't far behind you. Wisconsin has like the forth or fifth highest state income taxes in the nation, along with gas tax, property taxes and cigarette taxes. My parents home here in this little town of maybe 1,400 people, their property taxes were around $1,400 eight years ago. I would imagine they're around $2,000 a year now. It's freakin' ridiculous. If I ever move away from here, which I don't want to do, it'll be because of the over the top taxes. I looked at buying a bar called the Brass Rail in Virginia City, Nevada. They were asking $850,000.00 for the place, which is what it's fair market value was so I imagine that's what it's taxes were based on, and it listed the yearly taxes right on the for sale sign as being $400 a year! Yeah... you're getting screwed in Ill, and so are we here in Wisconsin, and they just keep wanting to screw us worse. Where does it end? When NO ONE can afford to live in THEIR OWN HOME anymore? This government bleeding the people shit has GOT to STOP!

5. Xenophon

Xenophon Gone and forgotten

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    Try living in NY.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    Time to move to a Red State.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Giving that very serious consideration. Hook is right about IL, it truly sucks. No two parties, just a combine and Blago wasn't the end of it. The Burris thing is just soooo IL.

8. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,930
    Never wanted to leave one! I was a AZ alumni, the wife convinced me to move home!

9. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    I lived in AZ for 7 years. Loved it. I still miss the mountains and the skiing, but there's plenty of outdoor stuff to do in AR.

10. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    Try moving downstate to Southern Illinois. Shit rolls downhill. Our taxes are calculated the same way that your are, however, sallaries are lower down here. So when tax time rolls around, we wind up paying a higher percentage of our income that the residents up north. Then to top it all off, state officails are elected by four counties in Illinois. Cook, DuPage, Madison, and St. Clair. The majority of the electorate lives in those four. Guess where those counties are not located. You guessed it, Southern Illinois. This State sucks. If it wasn't home, I would move back to Alabama.