Worse State in the Union - Illinois

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
First, they are trying to raise everyone property tax bills to nutty levels. I hired a lawyer to dispute it, but they are trying to raise my property tax by $1,100, when my home lost $30-$40K in value. Second, they raised our sales tax to the HIGHEST in the country. Fourth, our gas tax has been right their with CA and HI as highest in the nation. Fifth, they want to raise licensing fees. Now they want to raise our income tax by 50% to compete with CA as the highest in the country and they want to raise our corporate tax to drive out all the corporation in the State! Why don't these assholes get it? Why are they so fucking stupid? Cut spending and promote the corporation sector STUPID! IL is a shit hole of high taxes and corrupt politicians!

At least Blago state he would veto any income tax increase! Quinn, you douche bag communist, I never thought I would miss Blago!

Illinois income tax rate may rise by 50% - Topix

I want to point out that this is the State that has I believe 4 out of the last 6 govenors in jail (or going to jail) on corruption charges!

First, they are trying to raise everyone property tax bills to nutty levels. I hired a lawyer to dispute it, but they are trying to raise my property tax by $1,100, when my home lost $30-$40K in value. Second, they raised our sales tax to the HIGHEST in the country. Fourth, our gas tax has been right their with CA and HI as highest in the nation. Fifth, they want to raise licensing fees. Now they want to raise our income tax by 50% to compete with CA as the highest in the country and they want to raise our corporate tax to drive out all the corporation in the State! Why don't these assholes get it? Why are they so fucking stupid? Cut spending and promote the corporation sector STUPID! IL is a shit hole of high taxes and corrupt politicians!

At least Blago state he would veto any income tax increase! Quinn, you douche bag communist, I never thought I would miss Blago!

Wisconsin isn't far behind you. Wisconsin has like the forth or fifth highest state income taxes in the nation, along with gas tax, property taxes and cigarette taxes. My parents home here in this little town of maybe 1,400 people, their property taxes were around $1,400 eight years ago. I would imagine they're around $2,000 a year now. It's freakin' ridiculous. If I ever move away from here, which I don't want to do, it'll be because of the over the top taxes. I looked at buying a bar called the Brass Rail in Virginia City, Nevada. They were asking $850,000.00 for the place, which is what it's fair market value was so I imagine that's what it's taxes were based on, and it listed the yearly taxes right on the for sale sign as being $400 a year! Yeah... you're getting screwed in Ill, and so are we here in Wisconsin, and they just keep wanting to screw us worse. Where does it end? When NO ONE can afford to live in THEIR OWN HOME anymore? This government bleeding the people shit has GOT to STOP!

Time to move to a Red State.

Giving that very serious consideration. Hook is right about IL, it truly sucks. No two parties, just a combine and Blago wasn't the end of it. The Burris thing is just soooo IL.

I want to point out that this is the State that has I believe 4 out of the last 6 govenors in jail (or going to jail) on corruption charges!

Giving that very serious consideration. Hook is right about IL, it truly sucks. No two parties, just a combine and Blago wasn't the end of it. The Burris thing is just soooo IL.

Try moving downstate to Southern Illinois. Shit rolls downhill. Our taxes are calculated the same way that your are, however, sallaries are lower down here. So when tax time rolls around, we wind up paying a higher percentage of our income that the residents up north. Then to top it all off, state officails are elected by four counties in Illinois. Cook, DuPage, Madison, and St. Clair. The majority of the electorate lives in those four. Guess where those counties are not located. You guessed it, Southern Illinois. This State sucks. If it wasn't home, I would move back to Alabama.

Try moving downstate to Southern Illinois. Shit rolls downhill. Our taxes are calculated the same way that your are, however, sallaries are lower down here. So when tax time rolls around, we wind up paying a higher percentage of our income that the residents up north. Then to top it all off, state officails are elected by four counties in Illinois. Cook, DuPage, Madison, and St. Clair. The majority of the electorate lives in those four. Guess where those counties are not located. You guessed it, Southern Illinois. This State sucks. If it wasn't home, I would move back to Alabama.

I hear you! Guess what? My property taxes are over $7k, I have a 3 br townhome. A couple years ago it appraised for $280k something, now lucky if I got $180k. I'm not complaining, but my tax rate is NOT ADJUSTED for the decrease, indeed they are raising the rates. Yeah, I'm in DuPage.

Yeah it's too bad when you live where you have four and five generations of relatives living and buried, but you can't afford it anymore. But what can you do when people keep voting TAX AND SPEND democrats into office? Don't these people realise that THEY'RE the ones RESPONSIBLE? Don't they see that when they vote these TAX AND SPEND DEMOCRATS into office, they're cutting their own throat? Why can't these people understand that?

Every State is starting to look like Ca! I am really starting to believe that the progressive Obama, communist or whatever you want to label him want to rip our country apart and that is the intended goal!

and this is what the US gets to look forward to as a whole for the next 8 years.

Never wanted to leave one! I was a AZ alumni, the wife convinced me to move home!

I lived in AZ for 7 years. Loved it. I still miss the mountains and the skiing, but there's plenty of outdoor stuff to do in AR.

All the time I was there I never made it to Flagstaff, but I made it to Mountain Lemon a few times. Nothing like snowboarding in the mourning and swimming in the outdoor pool in the afternoon!

I hear you! Guess what? My property taxes are over $7k, I have a 3 br townhome. A couple years ago it appraised for $280k something, now lucky if I got $180k. I'm not complaining, but my tax rate is NOT ADJUSTED for the decrease, indeed they are raising the rates. Yeah, I'm in DuPage.

Yep the only good thing about Cook county is lower property taxes, but they are still pretty fricking high!

Yep the only good thing about Cook county is lower property taxes, but they are still pretty fricking high!
You forgot about the food. course, I could go over to DuPage for most of that I guess.

Never wanted to leave one! I was a AZ alumni, the wife convinced me to move home!

I lived in AZ for 7 years. Loved it. I still miss the mountains and the skiing, but there's plenty of outdoor stuff to do in AR.

All the time I was there I never made it to Flagstaff, but I made it to Mountain Lemon a few times. Nothing like snowboarding in the mourning and swimming in the outdoor pool in the afternoon!

Flagstaff is beautiful, and if you're that close, you may as well take a trip over to the Grand Canyon. Flagstaff though is like 7,000 feet in elevation. Too high for me to live there, and Phoenix is a human frying pan. The heat will kill you there if you're not careful. The nicest place I was ever at in Arizona was up around Payson in the Mogion Rim. Arizona has the largest stand of Lodge Pole Pine in the country.

And here in the oh so liberal Portland, Oregon, my taxes on a 190k property are $1500. And the area that I plan to move to on retirement has even lower taxes.

You forgot about the food. course, I could go over to DuPage for most of that I guess.

Yea! And waking up this mourning with a mean hangover I noticed that there is a sales tax and then a nice alcohol tax!

Forum List

Back