Worries: Trump Danger: That'll He'll Betray Allies In Order to Get His Wall

Agree? - Is Trump’s fixation on the Border Wall a threat to priorities of immigration hard-liners

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • He will screw up the hard work done by people in the trenches of immigration debate

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

JBvM

VIP Member
Jun 7, 2018
... ... ...
Worries: Trump Danger: That'll He'll Betray Allies In Order to Get His Wall

We know he's betrayed people over and over again... fact that cannot be denied. So Is Trump’s fixation on the Border Wall a threat to priorities of immigration hard-liners? I believe so.

“I’ve always thought it created a danger that he would trade almost anything in order to get the wall — I think that’s still a potential danger,” said Mark Krikorian, the executive director of the Center for Immigration Studies, a group that argues for less immigration. “I’m still worried about that now.”

Now, Mr. Trump’s fixation with a border wall — the material embodiment of his keep-them-out immigration agenda — has run headlong into the new realities of divided government, pitting him against Democrats who reject the idea out of hand. The impasse is particularly remarkable given that even some immigration hard-liners do not regard the wall as their highest priority and fear that Mr. Trump’s preoccupation with it will prompt him to cut a deal that trades a relatively ineffectual measure for major concessions on immigration.

script placeholder: The Border Wall: How a Potent Symbol Is Now Boxing Trump In

When you use words like "fixation", you lose any credibility you might have had.

fixation , the simple use of the word shows your BIAS and Obsession , I thought the same thing as S.J. just seeing the word in the Poll Question JBvm .

It is not "his" wall but "our" wall and it will work in spite of ladders, shovels and dynamite if we have the military on our side.

Forum List

Back