Worried About Your "Paper" Investments? Here's How To Invest In Gold & Silver

TruthSeeker56

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2011
New Hampshire
If you are concerned about the future of your "paper" investments, whether those investments are in a 401K, or you independently invest in the stock market, or in a money market fund, or in a hedge fund, or in T-bills, or in any other type of "paper" investment, NOW is the time to BAIL OUT!

No matter what the so-called "money managers" call their products, the bottom line is that you are investing in nothing more than paper and promises. Period.

The house of cards that is also known as "fiat currency", and is presided over by the Federal Reserve System, is going to IMPLODE between now and the end of 2015. That is not MY prediction. This is the prediction of a plethora of financial and economic experts too numerous to mention by name.

I am not posting this thread to get into a long, boring discussion about how the paper "faith and credit" system is doomed to catastrophic failure.

I am posting this thread to offer you the ONLY alternatives to worthless PAPER investments.

WHEN the U.S. Dollar collapses, or becomes next to worthless, the ONLY viable alternative means of monetary exchange for goods and services will be PRECIOUS METALS.

Gold and Silver. Silver and Gold. How do you buy it? What should you buy? How much should you pay for it? Who do I trust when I am ready to buy it, and how do I store it?

These are all legitimate, and frankly, EASY questions to answer.

Let's start with GOLD.

I personally am not a gold investor. I have been in the past, but there are problems with owning gold, from a PRACTICAL standpoint.

First of all, for us "middle-class" folks who don't have a lot of disposable income, GOLD is expensive to purchase. At around $1300.00 an ounce, that is beyond the price range of most people. Even the "fractional" gold coins (1/2 oz., 1/4 oz., 1/10 oz.) are expensive and are priced at a premium of 20-40% over spot price.

However, if you do want to buy some gold, to avoid getting burned and to avoid paying too much, just follow these simple rules:

1. Do not purchase FOREIGN gold coins. Buy ONLY U.S. Gold American Eagle coins.
2. Do not purchase "numismatic" gold coins. These are the collectible gold coins that were actually used as money in the United States, prior to 1933. These gold coins are much more costly than purchasing modern gold coins.
3. To avoid the possibility of getting burned by counterfeit Gold American Eagles made of gold-plated tungsten, purchase ONLY Gold American Eagles that have been graded by NGC (Numismatic Guaranty Corporation) or PCGS (Professional Coin Grading Service), and are housed in their tamper-proof "slabs".
4. NEVER allow a third party firm to store your gold, with promises of "security" and "easy access" to your gold. The basic rule is, IF YOU CAN'T TOUCH IT OR HOLD IT, YOU DON'T OWN IT.
5. Always take physical delivery of your gold. Purchase a good, solid floor safe, and use your imagination to locate the safe in an inconspicuous location.
6. Remember that GOLD will be cumbersome to use as a means of exchange for goods and services, because of the high cost and the inability to use gold in small increments.

My personal favorite for us middle class folks is SILVER. I call silver "the poor man's gold". Silver is affordable for just about everybody, and there are many options to choose from when purchasing silver.

Here are some general rules for purchasing SILVER:

1. Do NOT purchase FOREIGN silver coins. Buy ONLY U.S. Silver American Eagle one ounce coins or pre-1965 U.S. dimes, quarters, half dollars, and non-numismatic silver dollars.
2. Do NOT purchase "numismatic" silver coins. These are collectible U.S. silver coins that command a premium price, and are, for the most part, the "Peace" silver dollars (minted from 1921-1928 and 1934-1935) and the "Morgan" silver dollars (minted from 1878-1921).
3. The Silver American Eagle is the official silver bullion coin of the USA. It contains 1 troy ounce of 99.9% silver. The SAE usually sells for a 10-20% premium over the daily spot price of silver.
4. All U.S. dimes, quarters, half-dollars, and silver dollars minted PRIOR to 1965 (1964 and earlier) contain 90% silver.
5. After 1964, ONLY the 1965-1970 Kennedy half dollars contain silver (40%).
6. Counterfeit silver coins are not a concern, aside from numismatic silver coin counterfeiting. The risk outweighs the reward when it comes to counterfeiting silver dimes, quarters, half-dollars, dollars or SAEs.
7. NEVER allow a third party firm to store your silver, with promises of "security" and "easy access" to your . silver. The basic rule is, IF YOU CAN'T TOUCH IT OR HOLD IT, YOU DON'T OWN IT.
8. Always take physical delivery of your silver. Purchase a good, solid floor safe, and use your imagination to locate the safe in an inconspicuous location.
9. Silver is the preferable means of monetary exchange for goods and services, simply because of it's denominational flexibility.

In the coming months, you can expect both silver and gold to show large increases in value.

The time to protect yourselves is NOW.

I would highly recommend that you purchase all of your silver and/or gold in the simplest, most cost-effective, and easiest way possible.
Believe it or not, e-Bay is the BEST place to buy silver and gold.

What are you doing? Put your tinfoil hat back on, or the gubment will mind control you again. /s

Does the average Joe know anything about foreign gold coins? Probably not.

Why buy "unknown" foreign coins when there are plenty of U.S. Mint bullion coins available?

Better question is how much money has Truthseeker lost over the past few years with his constant poor advice to sell stocks and buy precious metals?

From 2011:
The FACT of the matter is, there is NO PRECEDENCE that can be used, in good conscience, to predict what will happen to the U.S. stock market in the next several days, or what will happen to the U.S. economy in the next several months.

The stock market is going to fall, and fall HARD. Gold and silver will continue to increase in value, because enough people, and enough countries, understand that the U.S. dollar is going down the drain, and the U.S. dollar will not recover.

I am ALL IN with silver and gold.

Of course gold was at its peak in 2011 and has fallen since then from 1,800/oz to under 1,300. Meanwhile the S&P 500 has risen 50%. Nice advice champ, glad you made a killing.

How about silver? Also from 2011:

BUY SILVER. Silver has DOUBLED in price in less than a year, and has TRIPLED in price in the past two years. SILVER is the precious metal to watch. Most of the speculators have abandoned the silver market because of the new margin requirements.

Silver touched $50.00 an ounce at the end of April, then dropped off after the margin requirements were changed and the short-term speculators abandoned ship. Now silver is back up to the high 30s/low 40s. Watch for silver to be at least in the 70s by early next spring.

At time of this recommendation silver was trading at about $40/oz, here we are three years later and it never went over $40/oz again, currently at under $20/oz. Again great investment advice, since 2011 silver loses 50% while S&P 500 gains 50%.

Truthseeker56 has been recommending people buy gold and silver instead of stocks every year, and he's been wrong every year. So here we are in 2014 with our regularly scheduled TruthSeeker56 precious metals recommendation, could this finally be the year where he isn't giving really shitty advice?

Time will tell!

Forum List

Back