worn out abortionists versus abstinence Olson twins

H

halibot22

Hey did you read the about the controvercy? The Olson twins are ridiculed by the pro choice camp because of their abstinence opinions. Who do you think is right here?

edit by DKSuddeth:

This is the second time I've edited to remove this link. Don't put it up here again.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
take it up with Jim, see how he feels about links to weblogs and articles that don't exist

So it was a 404 page not found?

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
So it was a 404 page not found?

no, had you read my edit - found no article specific to what you mentioned although there was an article about the olsen twins and a seperate article about pro-choice people. - you would have known that no article exists about the pro-choice people slamming the olsen twins(though I'm sure that there are a few that are thinking that anyway) but that there are two seperate articles, one on the olsen twins and one on the pro-choice supporters.

no, had you read my edit - found no article specific to what you mentioned although there was an article about the olsen twins and a seperate article about pro-choice people. - you would have known that no article exists about the pro-choice people slamming the olsen twins(though I'm sure that there are a few that are thinking that anyway) but that there are two seperate articles, one on the olsen twins and one on the pro-choice supporters.

Is it possible you missed something when reading?

pot, meet kettle?

I'm far from perfect, however, you only asked about this particular issue.

Since when do mods determine if an article actually makes the point a poster says it does? By that reasoning any conservative mod could just say that some link defending Kerry "doesn't really say that" and remove the link. We should decide for ourselves.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Since when do mods determine if an article actually makes the point a poster says it does? By that reasoning any conservative mod could just say that some link defending Kerry "doesn't really say that" and remove the link. We should decide for ourselves.

thats why I'm a mod, and you're not

I read the link, and it says this right under the pro-choice photo. I CAN see how someone would think it is razzing the Olsen girls, but it actually says nothing about pro-choice accusing the girls about anything.

this is what the caption says:

"Compare the beautiful, wholesome Olsen girls with these worn out pro-abortionists demonstrating against Bush in Washington yesterday. My God, how could you bring one of these creatures home to meet your parents? You might as well bring home a used garbage bag."

... slamming the olsen twins(though I'm sure that there are a few that are thinking that anyway)

Me me me me me me me me!!!!!

I mean... they aren't legal yet... (though they are legal in WA).

thats why I'm a mod, and you're not

but, since you feel the need to second guess me, here is the link

I'll await your confirmation that I was right

That's not the point dk. The point is that mods don't make these kinds of decisions. You could give your opinion that's it's bogus and then put your patented rolly eyes. You went too far removing it my opinion. But like you said, you're a mod and I'm not.

I'll trust DK's judgement on this one. Keep in mind, not everyone always knows the full story behind a moderators decision. I don't have a personal problem with halibot, but he's made 3 posts on this board and coincidentally all 3 have contained links to his blog. This board isn't here for users to advertise their sites and run. Had he been a consistent contributor to the board and happened to post it later it would have looked a little better in the eyes of the mods.

This particular blog allows user comments at the end of each story. Is it possible this user was posting a link to garner some traffic to his site? I don't know 100% for sure but I trust DK made an impartial decision.

Also, this user has been asked 2x previously not to advertise on the board. Whether his site happened to have an article 'somewhat' related to the discussion or not is not entirely the point. He was asked previously to stop advertising his site and he hasn't abided by that request.

Also, if you have a problem with a decision a moderator makes, please PM them or myself. I'd rather grievances not be aired out on the board about these types of decisions. This request is also contained in the rules. (portion of rule #12).

Forum List

Back