World's shortest thread: Thriving Minorities in Arab Muslim nations

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by rhodescholar, Aug 10, 2009.

1. rhodescholar

rhodescholar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,748
    Anyone have any to list? I don't, but I see alot of them getting ethnically cleansed out of their native countries due to arab muslim racism and persecution...

-coptic christians
    -chaldean christians
    -assyrians
    -Baha'i
    -maronite christians
    -orthodox christians
    -shia muslims (in places like saudi arabia, etc.)
    -jews

Whew, and those are just off the top of my head...can anyone show me what non-arab muslim minority communities are thriving and growing under arab muslim rule?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,879
    We can thank Bush and the Republicans for wiping out the Iraqi Christians.

When they begged for help. He said, "We can't show favoritism". When they begged to come here, he said, "We need to keep an illusion of diversity, besides, good white Christians in America don't want your dirty brown asses even if you are the first Christians and have been Christian for two thousand years. You don't look anything like Jeffery Hunter.

Everyone knows Jesus had light golden brown hair and sparkling blue eyes. He did NOT look like Bin Laden or a dirty wizard". Every morning, His magical robes were always resurrected bleachy white. It was probably one of his "powers".

Read the new Iraqi constitution supported by Bush and the Republicans (remember that damned purple finger - the finger they gave us?)

Article 2:
    First: Islam is the official religion of the State and it is a fundamental source of legislation:
    A. No law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established.

Article 3:
    (Iraq is a country of many nationalities, religions and sects and is a founding and active member of the Arab League and is committed to its covenant. Iraq is a part of the Islamic world.)

The only seat the Christians received in the Iraqi parliament was the "Ministry of Immigration". Gee, wonder why that was.

In the last couple of months a dozen Iraqi Churches have been bombed, BUT WHO CARES???? You don't hear American Christians whining about it? Right? Chin up, cheerio, carry on.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  3. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    Iran has a thriving Jewish community.

It is the largest in the ME after Israel.

Egypt and Turkey both have very large Christian communities that number in the millions.

4. rhodescholar

rhodescholar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,748
    Wrong.

Why would they need to leave iraq, if the arab muslims weren't expelling them? Or can you only try to pin blame on Bush, and no muslims can be responsible?

The iraqis wrote 99% of it...but don't let the facts get in the way of your delusions... :cuckoo:

Wait, where is shogun fucktard - israel is not allowed to be a "jewish" state - but but but - iraq is allowed to be an "islamic" one? HTF did that happen :eek: - even though there are multiple communities there? Whoa....

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  5. mystic

mystic soul on legs

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I noticed that rhodescholar just pretended not to see your post. I think it was a little too calm and factual for him. He'd actually have to put some thought into a response...and I've noticed that's not a priority for him. :lol:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
  7. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    At Palestine Square, opposite a mosque called Al-Aqsa, is a synagogue where Jews of this ancient city gather at dawn. Over the entrance is a banner saying: “Congratulations on the 30th anniversary of the Islamic Revolution from the Jewish community of Esfahan.”

“Let them say ‘Death to Israel,’ ” he said. “I’ve been in this store 43 years and never had a problem. I’ve visited my relatives in Israel, but when I see something like the attack on Gaza, I demonstrate, too, as an Iranian.”

Perhaps I have a bias toward facts over words, but I say the reality of Iranian civility toward Jews tells us more about Iran — its sophistication and culture — than all the inflammatory rhetoric.

What Iran’s Jews Say

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/23/opinion/23cohen.html

Im sure the writer of this NYTIMES piece is a shogun SSSSSSsssssSSSSSOOCK PUPPPETTSSSSSSSsssss!

:rofl:

8. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,018
    Indonesia and Malaysia have thriving and prosperous Chinese communities.

9. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,924
    First note that Turkey (Turks) and Iran (Persians) are NOT Arab Countries. In fact Arabs report vast discrimination in Iran!

This is actually true, but for one reason! The Shah didn't expell the Jews like the Arabs states did in '48, '67 and '73!
    But you are right that they do alright. Even though they are still discriminated against jobs and where they can live, there are Jewish School (which require them to attend on the Shabhath), Jewish community centers and Temples! There is even a constitutional requirement that the Iranian Parliament has at least 1 Jewish representative.

But don't go crazy bud, there are only 10-15K Jews in the country. Not even a percent of a percent!

Egypt is 90% Muslim (78 Mil) and 10% Christian (8 mil), but the Christian population has been decreasing for years.

Turkey: LOL Nice Try Sunni!

Turkey while technically secular, its 99% Muslim (mostly Sunni Muslims) and the 1% is made up of Christians, Jews. So in a country of 72 mil only 720,000 are religious minorties

3 main minorites groups: Greek Orthodox Christians, Armenian Orthodox Christians, and Jews. Some numbers: religious groups include approximately 65,000 Armenian Orthodox Christians (and we know how the Turks treat Armenians), 23,000 Jews, and up to 4,000 Greek Orthodox Christians. There also are approximately 10,000 Baha'is; an estimated 15,000 Syrian Orthodox (Syriac) Christians; 5,000 Yezidis; 3,300 Jehovah's Witnesses; 3,000

But Minorities complain of rabid discrimination:
    Turkey

Funny that Turkey is supposed to be one of the shining lights in the Muslim world, but its 99% Islamic!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  10. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,924