Worlds Only Flying B-29 Returns To The Skies!

HELL YEAH im gonna be a citizen. I'm gonna register to vote and get my concealed firearms permit and get something that would fit nicely in my handbag..maybe a .357 I am going to take advantage of everything that I wouldn't be able to do in Japan that I can do here. I take my citizenship exam in April 2011, so not far from now. I have to show to them that I can demonstrate speaking, reading, writing fluently in English. And also show knowledge of US and Washington state History courses.

O_O

so....
figging...
awesome....
...the gun part.

If I could, i'd want to get an assault rifle, but they told i'd have to get a federal govt. clearance of some kind and I dont like that..maybe that's what the black market is for? j/k :tongue:

you dont have to register AR-15s if you build them yourself. lots of guides are out there...of course, it depends on your local situation, but as far as the federal government is concerned, its totally a-ok. theres really no point unless you know of an open field to play around with it though. I am near the desert so I sometimes drive out and shoot things but its rare.

Last edited:
O_O

so....
figging...
awesome....
...the gun part.

If I could, i'd want to get an assault rifle, but they told i'd have to get a federal govt. clearance of some kind and I dont like that..maybe that's what the black market is for? j/k :tongue:

you dont have to register AR-15s if you build them yourself. lots of guides are out there...of course, it depends on your local situation, but as far as the federal government is concerned, its totally a-ok. theres really no point unless you know of an open field to play around with it though. I am near the desert so I sometimes drive out and shoot things but its rare.

We have shooting ranges out here I know that..my neighbors said they're going to take a couple of old TV's and shoot at those lol..I told them that would be fun. But when i talk about assault rifles, I mean something that's fully-automatic. they said to apply for some federal permit to get it. but I thought that sounds like too much to do..so a .357 or something similar would do me just fine.

We have shooting ranges out here I know that..my neighbors said they're going to take a couple of old TV's and shoot at those lol..I told them that would be fun. But when i talk about assault rifles, I mean something that's fully-automatic. they said to apply for some federal permit to get it. but I thought that sounds like too much to do..so a .357 or something similar would do me just fine.

so when you say assault rifle, you REALLY mean machine gun? ar15.com is a nice resource just for general education btw.

Last edited:
HELL YEAH im gonna be a citizen. I'm gonna register to vote and get my concealed firearms permit and get something that would fit nicely in my handbag..maybe a .357 I am going to take advantage of everything that I wouldn't be able to do in Japan that I can do here. I take my citizenship exam in April 2011, so not far from now. I have to show to them that I can demonstrate speaking, reading, writing fluently in English. And also show knowledge of US and Washington state History courses.

O_O

so....
figging...
awesome....
...the gun part.

:clap2:

You are awesome girl!!!!
I think I am in love :tongue:

But seriously, I am so glad to see that you are embracing all that is American. It seems that there is a lack of that with most "gimmigrants" to this country (I wont mention any names - made in MEXICO-).
You are the kind of immigrant that we need more of.

Let us know how your test goes in April.... I know you will do great though!

O_O

so....
figging...
awesome....
...the gun part.

You are awesome girl!!!!

But seriously, I am so glad to see that you are embracing all that is American. It seems that there is a lack of that with most "gimmigrants" to this country (I wont mention any names - made in MEXICO-).

Hahah I also got a medical marijuana card!

You are awesome girl!!!!

haha well there ya go.

You are awesome girl!!!!

haha well there ya go.

Yeah, I just went to the doctor office and said "hey doc what can you give me for my back? it hurts" *wink* Hah..

I still wake up and sometimes I think im back home in Japan. I dont know if it's home sickness or if I still haven't gotten over the culture shock. Im still pretty traditional to japanese living at home. There are just some comforts from home I will never be able to replace with western culture ways of living, no matter where I live.
My wife and I mix American and Japanese cultures at home.
We take our shoes off indoors.
We sit on the floor and eat at a low table.
We shower before we go to bed.
Use hashi (waribashi) most of the time, I just can't eat rice with a fork anymore.
And isn't it nice to hear "Okaerinasai!" when you come home? Tadaima! :lol:

I still wake up and sometimes I think im back home in Japan. I dont know if it's home sickness or if I still haven't gotten over the culture shock. Im still pretty traditional to japanese living at home. There are just some comforts from home I will never be able to replace with western culture ways of living, no matter where I live.
My wife and I mix American and Japanese cultures at home.
We take our shoes off indoors.
We sit on the floor and eat at a low table.
We shower before we go to bed.
Use hashi (waribashi) most of the time, I just can't eat rice with a fork anymore.
And isn't it nice to hear "Okaerinasai!" when you come home? Tadaima! :lol:

My family doesn't feel comfortable with me dating outside my race. I am sort of seeing this guy right now but they do not know it. They would be shitting chopsticks if they found out I was dating a white guy. We have a long traditions of our family that goes back many years. I was given my grandpa's katana it is over 450 years old. they've had it notarized from its origins in the early 1600's.

No bombs on this mission so you know it's really light! :lol:

Being Japanese If you want my honest opinion, I dont get all worked up about it..It had to be done..It was around the time my grandparents were young, though...My grandpa was about 21 years old when he was a pilot for the IJN (imperial japanese navy) in 1944 he was around the Marianas at Saipan and he's 87 years old today and still alive. Him and grandma have been married for over 60 years now. They come over to the US every Christmas to visit me. I love WWII History. My grandpa would tell me stories how well the US Soldiers would treat him when he was taken prisoner at Saipan.
My dad's the same age as your grandpa, and my parents have been married 65 years. :) He was in Underwater Demolitions (precursor to the SEALs) and he and his teams prepped the reefs for the invasions of Saipan and Tinian. When Japan surrendered, he was on his way back from Frisco to start preparations for an invasion of the mainland.

I've been trying to get him to let me audiotape his war stories. No luck so far. Have you asked your grandpa to let you tape his?

Sorry I am missing people's messages on here..so many threads I forget about! Is there a way it can send me notifications to my email? He said he remembers seeing the B-29. and would say it just like you said..that it is a beautiful large aircraft. He was taken prisoner by US Marines. His plane was shot down during the great "turkey shoot"

I've been trying to get him to let me audiotape his war stories. No luck so far. Have you asked your grandpa to let you tape his?

My grandpa, he did tell me that US Marines were there right away at his aid when they saw his plane crash they got him out right away. he was unconscious. He said if they were to be too late he wouldn't be here today. His plane crashed into an occupied Hangar on an airfield. almost killing him and several others inside.

a friend has photo of what appeared to be a B29 'L' tail marking (not FIFI ?) flying over upstate New York - today 5/31/12

Forum List

Back