World's Most Expensive Sammich!

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
article-1310805-0B1DF34F000005DC-341_634x454.jpg

A Michelin-starred chef has unveiled the world's most expensive cheese sandwich - which carries a whopping price tag of £110.
The delicacy was created by celebrity chef Martin Blunos, who hand-crafted the luxury snack using cheddar blended with expensive white truffles.
It is dressed with 100-year-old balsamic vinegar and the sourdough bread - which costs £5 alone - is sprinkled with powdered E175. That's gold dust to you and me.

Read more: TV chef Martin Blunos creates a cheese sandwich that costs an incredible £110 | Mail Online

order up 4 dozen of those for Obamas next bash....send air force one over to get it and bring it right back...we cannot have any freshness jeopardized.!!!!!!

I'm way too practical to ever pay that much for a sangwich but I would definitely love to taste it for free.

RGS, there is such a thing as edible gold...I've seen it in liquor too.

The difference between edible gold and regular gold leaf is the following.

Pure gold leaf is 24 karat. In it pure state it is very soft and delicate. Therefore, it is typically mixed with other alloys to create different levels of hardness and to adjust the color tone of the leaf. That is why most jewelry is 18kt or 22kt gold (mixed with copper, etc.) because 24kt gold is too soft for daily wear and tear. Gold leaf is the same principle. Mostly mixed with copper, silver, etc. you can get a wide variety of colors, ranging from a slight reddish tone, to bright yellow, to white gold. The alloys mixed in to create these variances are not edible (like copper). Edible gold is almost pure gold, but mixed with silver only, which is edible, so it is completely digestible. Edible Silver leaf is also available, and we offer Edible Silver in leaf form and in powder, or dust form.

----

Generally speaking, there is no danger in ingesting Edible Gold. Gold is an inert metal that simply passes through the intestinal system. Edible Gold will pass out of the body after about 24 hours unchanged without causing any harm or reaction on the body.
edible gold leaf, gourmet gold, bakers confectioniers, beverages. gilding products, tutorials and gilding tips! A one stop gilding resource

And bonus, they say it's kosher! :lol: Shana Tova, Jillian!

I'm way too practical to ever pay that much for a sangwich but I would definitely love to taste it for free.

RGS, there is such a thing as edible gold...I've seen it in liquor too.

The difference between edible gold and regular gold leaf is the following.

Pure gold leaf is 24 karat. In it pure state it is very soft and delicate. Therefore, it is typically mixed with other alloys to create different levels of hardness and to adjust the color tone of the leaf. That is why most jewelry is 18kt or 22kt gold (mixed with copper, etc.) because 24kt gold is too soft for daily wear and tear. Gold leaf is the same principle. Mostly mixed with copper, silver, etc. you can get a wide variety of colors, ranging from a slight reddish tone, to bright yellow, to white gold. The alloys mixed in to create these variances are not edible (like copper). Edible gold is almost pure gold, but mixed with silver only, which is edible, so it is completely digestible. Edible Silver leaf is also available, and we offer Edible Silver in leaf form and in powder, or dust form.

----

Generally speaking, there is no danger in ingesting Edible Gold. Gold is an inert metal that simply passes through the intestinal system. Edible Gold will pass out of the body after about 24 hours unchanged without causing any harm or reaction on the body.
edible gold leaf, gourmet gold, bakers confectioniers, beverages. gilding products, tutorials and gilding tips! A one stop gilding resource

And bonus, they say it's kosher! :lol: Shana Tova, Jillian!

thanks val! same to you and yours.

appreciate the response to debbie downer. :)

Forum List

Back