World's Longest Sniper Kill: 3,871 Yards - Over 2 Miles

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
The bullet would have to be aimed 6,705 inches above the target for gravity.
A 5 mph breeze would move the bullet 30 feet.
It took 7 seconds for the bullet to hit the target, so the earths rotation of which hemisphere they were in had to be factored in.
Altitude, Barometric Pressure, Relative Humidity, Temperature all had to be factored in.

The World’s Longest Sniper Kill: The Enemy Shot Dead at 3,871 Yards (Over 2 Miles Away)

marine.jpg

It took 7 seconds for the bullet to hit the target, so the earths rotation of which hemisphere they were in had to be factored in.
Altitude, Barometric Pressure, Relative Humidity, Temperature all had to be factored in.

The World’s Longest Sniper Kill: The Enemy Shot Dead at 3,871 Yards (Over 2 Miles Away)

marine.jpg

Aimed 600 feet above the target?

marine.jpg

There's a chart in the link, gravity being the worst offender. But fortunately consistent.

marine.jpg

That ain't the weapon that made the shot. Just sayin......

marine.jpg

Yeah. The shooter used a .50 BMG sniper rifle. I've hit a man sized target at 2800 yards with mine, but it took three tries to connect. The circular error is big enough at that range that even though you are "on target", you still miss.

marine.jpg

"The sniper and his spotter had used a McMillan TAC-50 .50 heavy caliber sniper rifle...." Yup

marine.jpg

That´s the new machine sniper gun.

marine.jpg

Nope. Just an FN MAG, or in US parlance, the M240 Golf.

marine.jpg

Nope. Just an FN MAG, or in US parlance, the M240 Golf.
Feel the irony.

marine.jpg

Damn I still can't even knock out the star 10 feet away at the local carnival..

hqdefault (1).jpg

marine.jpg
The radical Mooslim who ended up on the wrong side of the bullet, died before those around him heard the shot.. This is the biggest fear of Mooslims and why more of them don't radicalize. Koodos to the Military and what bullshit they have to deal with , like the Schumer Shutdown.

marine.jpg

View attachment 172902
You rated my post informative but it was fun. They probably confused the gun with the M24 Sniper rifle.

marine.jpg

Yeah. The shooter used a .50 BMG sniper rifle. I've hit a man sized target at 2800 yards with mine, but it took three tries to connect. The circular error is big enough at that range that even though you are "on target", you still miss.
And you have to hope in the 7 seconds between firing and impact the target remains perfectly still.

marine.jpg

And you have to hope in the 7 seconds between firing and impact the target remains perfectly still.

Yup. Although with the aforementioned circular error to deal with, the target might move himself into the bullet too. IIRC this particular shot was the snipers second on that particular target. His first shot missed.

marine.jpg

View attachment 172902
You rated my post informative but it was fun. They probably confused the gun with the M24 Sniper rifle.

I am not a big gun guy, I have my glock 9mm and my Mossberg 500..but that's about it when I go deer (in a blue moon) hunting I use my friends...i just find it interesting

marine.jpg

Five times a day, when they pray to their god of peace, several snipers can take whole carpets full of them.

The radical Mooslim who ended up on the wrong side of the bullet, died before those around him heard the shot.. This is the biggest fear of Mooslims and why more of them don't radicalize. Koodos to the Military and what bullshit they have to deal with , like the Schumer Shutdown.

The greatest fear of them is to get the Sharia law and be stoned and this shot does not scare them, because they do not even understand what's going on. Otherwise, they all have to become obedient Christians after this:

Here, with the aid of the controlled artelian shell (Krasnopol Krasnopol (weapon) - Wikipedia), the militants' base was destroyed from a distance of at least 15 km

Forum List

Back