World's highest ski run melts

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
Bolivia’s Chacaltaya Glacier, once deemed the world’s highest ski run at 17,388 feet, has completely melted. Gonzo.

Most glaciers see some melting with the seasons, but they don’t completely disappear. When Chacaltaya was researched in 1999, scientists believed it would exist until at least 2015. The melting rate has nearly tripled over the last ten years, which let’s face it—is pretty shocking.

The glacier resort still has a tiny spot for skiing (at the bottom of the glacier) on particularly snowy days, but the run is short of 600 feet, so it’s unlikely to draw any more than the dedicated few.

Highest Ski Trail in the World Has Melted

Bolivia’s Chacaltaya Glacier, once deemed the world’s highest ski run at 17,388 feet, has completely melted. Gonzo.

Most glaciers see some melting with the seasons, but they don’t completely disappear. When Chacaltaya was researched in 1999, scientists believed it would exist until at least 2015. The melting rate has nearly tripled over the last ten years, which let’s face it—is pretty shocking.

The glacier resort still has a tiny spot for skiing (at the bottom of the glacier) on particularly snowy days, but the run is short of 600 feet, so it’s unlikely to draw any more than the dedicated few.

Proving what, exactly?

Proving what, exactly?

That glaciers all over the world are melting.

So it's melted in 10 years instead of 16? In all honesty, I don't find that particularly shocking.

Then again, I don't find it shocking if the 10 day weather forecast is wrong (let alone the 16 day one).

So it's melted in 10 years instead of 16? In all honesty, I don't find that particularly shocking.

Then again, I don't find it shocking if the 10 day weather forecast is wrong (let alone the 16 day one).

Ignorance is bliss.

I suggest you google "melting glaciers."

Proving what, exactly?

Oh no! Ice can melt?

This just in: it freezes too.

Is this supposed to be proof of global warming? If so, why not just say it?

Ignorance is bliss.

I suggest you get a life, you daft ****

Oh no! Ice can melt?

This just in: it freezes too.

Is this supposed to be proof of global warming? If so, why not just say it?

I thought you were smart enough to figure it out.

Apparently I am. But that doesn't explain why you're being coy and this story doesn't prove global warming so I'm moving on.

Ignorance is bliss.

STILL waiting , Chris, fo you to explain why the Arctic is still around after close to 30 years of higher temperatures from the early 20's to late 40's? Come on explian to us how THAT happened?

Ignorance is bliss.

Why didn't I think of that?

Ignorance is bliss.

STILL waiting , Chris, fo you to explain why the Arctic is still around after close to 30 years of higher temperatures from the early 20's to late 40's? Come on explian to us how THAT happened?

you'll be waiting a long time, gunny.

Ignorance is bliss.

And every time he posts his idiocy I will be right there rubbing this in his nose and asking why?

And every time he posts his idiocy I will be right there rubbing this in his nose and asking why?

The problem is that they don't care, the environuts had to ignore a LOT of science to get their numbers in the beginning.

Forum List

Back