Worlds Collide - Episode 1 streams here, live(6/24/16 8pm, East Coast)

What about people who believe some are born gay and that there is a gay gene, will being gay or not gay determine whether someone wants you to be born?
It depends on those that set the rules, and determine what's acceptable, and what's not acceptable. It could get ugly if the technology falls into the wrong hands.

I'm glad it's not. But I think in the future it will probably go the way of eugenics. I personally would not participate in it but I get why most of you would.

What about people who believe some are born gay and that there is a gay gene, will being gay or not gay determine whether someone wants you to be born?
It depends on those that set the rules, and determine what's acceptable, and what's not acceptable. It could get ugly if the technology falls into the wrong hands.

I'm glad it's not. But I think in the future it will probably go the way of eugenics. I personally would not participate in it but I get why most of you would.
I would only agree with it if it actually helped everyone across the board. And, if those in charge didn't play GOD with the technology.

i like bacon tho

and eugenics :wink:
I like eugenics in the hands of the parents tho.

i dunno why thats bad

I wouldn't want my parents to decide not to have me because my vision isn't 20/20, and there are shitty parents out there who would decide it for all sorts of reasons. I like imperfections I like individuality, I don't worship mental intelligence or physical perfection. Emotional compassion and lovingness is much more important to me.

We just won't see it the same way on this issue.
i dont mean to abort though.....i mean to rid you of things your parents (who should have your best interest at heart.... or shouldnt be parent)... would consider a hindrance in your life.....like tourettes.

the ability for them to "turn that off".....in your dna strand....before youre born.

I know what you mean, it's like a custom order. I am fine with imperfections.
Isn't it a bit selfish to want people to have an imperfection like Tourette's or, say, autism, because you like them being different? It's kind of not fair to the person who has to battle through life with the affliction

and eugenics :wink:

i dunno why thats bad

I wouldn't want my parents to decide not to have me because my vision isn't 20/20, and there are shitty parents out there who would decide it for all sorts of reasons. I like imperfections I like individuality, I don't worship mental intelligence or physical perfection. Emotional compassion and lovingness is much more important to me.

i dont mean to abort though.....i mean to rid you of things your parents (who should have your best interest at heart.... or shouldnt be parent)... would consider a hindrance in your life.....like tourettes.

the ability for them to "turn that off".....in your dna strand....before youre born.

Isn't it a bit selfish to want people to have an imperfection like Tourette's or, say, autism, because you like them being different? It's kind of not fair to the person who has to battle through life with the affliction

No. Because I never said I wanted anyone to have that. If there is a gay gene should parents decide whether they feel its a defect or not?

i dunno why thats bad

No. Because I never said I wanted anyone to have that. If there is a gay gene should parents decide whether they feel its a defect or not?
would you really let yourself have a gay child if you had the ability to change it?

would you really let yourself have a gay child if you had the ability to change it?

What's wrong with a gay child?

Paulie, since I believe in something greater than myself which I call God, I would let God unfold things. I am not sure why my opinion should bother anyone about it as I accept other peoples opinions and choices on the subject matter. :dunno:

Paulie, since I believe in something greater than myself which I call God, I would let God unfold things. I am not sure why my opinion should bother anyone about it as I accept other peoples opinions and choices on the subject matter. :dunno:
I'm not saying anyhing is wrong with it. I have a son with aspergers. He's an awesome kid and I believe his aspergers contributes to the fact that he's a musical prodigy, and the quirks he has make him who he is and I love him unconditionally... But I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't change the aspergers if I could go back in time and I had that ability.

I'm not saying anyhing is wrong with it. I have a son with aspergers. He's an awesome kid and I believe his aspergers contributes to the fact that he's a musical prodigy, and the quirks he has make him who he is and I love him unconditionally... But I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't change the aspergers if I could go back in time and I had that ability.

I respect your right to want to choose. That's pretty much where we have to leave it. :)

I respect your right to choose. That's pretty much where we have to leave it. :)
I'm taking all of your weed and holding it hostage til you agree with me on this :D

Self Transformation Through Meditation

There are a lot of different kinds of meditation out there and a lot of them are bound up with various ideologies, religious practices, and traditions. There’s also a lot of dogma and a lot of conflicting information. If you do some research you will learn that some forms of meditation are used as means of worship, while others are used to develop your concentration. Many non-secular meditations are used purely to help you relax. Finally there are a few types of meditation that focus on developing your faculties for awareness and equanimity (“a state of stability or composure arising from a deep awareness and acceptance of the present moment”)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An excellent read. Very detailed and informative.

New Topics

Forum List

Back