World's climate could cool first, warm later

Ame®icano

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2008
Michigan
04 September 2009 by Fred Pearce, Geneva

Forecasts of climate change are about to go seriously out of kilter. One of the world's top climate modellers said Thursday we could be about to enter "one or even two decades during which temperatures cool.

"People will say this is global warming disappearing," he told more than 1500 of the world's top climate scientists gathering in Geneva at the UN's World Climate Conference.

"I am not one of the skeptics," insisted Mojib Latif of the Leibniz Institute of Marine Sciences at Kiel University, Germany. "However, we have to ask the nasty questions ourselves or other people will do it."

Few climate scientists go as far as Latif, an author for the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. But more and more agree that the short-term prognosis for climate change is much less certain than once thought.

Or it could get really cold then lukewarm.
Or warm followed by periods of "tepidness".
Or hot then really cold followed by just cold then warm returning to tepid.

Whatever happens, we need more money to study it.

And in related news, Climatologists are publishing whatever BS is necessary to ensure they will continue to receive funding for at least two more decades.

And even more money to prevent what's coming.

Gloat?! Over a prediction????!!!!!

Yeah, might wanna wiat to see if it comes true.

Last edited:
Gloat?! Over a prediction????!!!!!

Yeah, might wanna wiat to see if it comes true.

So ... gloating about a prediction is wrong when it seems to be true, but destroying our species over another that has been made over and over again but not once coming true is right? Hmm ... something odd about that.

Not these yahoos. They believe that any "prediction" that provides an excape from the current reality is as good as reality.

Wait let me get this right.... YOU are going on predictions that are decades away with claims we would see continued heating every decade, That has not happened.

Now new predictions say it may never happen and you are saying THOSE predictions are false but your unproven ones are true. GIVE ME A BREAK.

The simple fact is there has been no major warming trend since 1998. All the supposed heat since then has been" adjusted" temperatures from mostly Urban Stations that do not jive with the upper air readings or the rest of the world readings.

No one will explain what these "adjustments" are nor what the original readings were. But you keep on believing in fairy Tales.

Except that the predictions of increased global mean temps, aka DATA, are actually happening...

I hope and pray to MY god that we do enter a cooling period, but with a strong El Nino brewing...not looking like a great snow year in the PNW...

Except that the predictions of increased global mean temps, aka DATA, are actually happening...

I hope and pray to MY god that we do enter a cooling period, but with a strong El Nino brewing...not looking like a great snow year in the PNW...

You people really do lack perspective. You should be thanking your lucky stars that you live in this geologic era.

Yes, it's getting warmer and according to the the geologic timeline, probably will continue to do so for another 3,000 years or so. Again I ask what do you think is going to be worse for life on this planet; getting a couple degrees warmer at worst (and unproven) predictions or the inevitable ice age when everything north of Nebraska is under a mile of ice again?

Last edited:

You people really do lack perspective. You should be thanking your lucky stars that you live in this geologic era.

Yes, it's getting warmer and according to the the geologic timeline, probably will continue to do so for another 3,000 years or so. Again I ask what do you think is going to be worse for life on this planet; getting a couple degrees warmer at worst (and unproven) predictions or the inevitable ice age when everything north of Nebraska is under a mile of ice again?

but the warming deniars claim otherwise...

:rofl: :rofl: can't . . . . . breathe . . . . laughing . . . . too . . . . hard!!! :rofl: :rofl:

The sun is at its lowest level of activity in 80 years.

The ocean temperatures are the highest ever recorded.

The level of CO2 continues to rise every day.

Soon we will have doubled CO2 levels.

And the North Polar ice cap has been melting 6% per decade.

but the warming deniars claim otherwise...

NO that is you mischaracterizing what we are saying. The temperature has been going up for the last few centuries by about 1 degree a century. The only concern with the earlier temp was that it gained most of that degree in about 15 years. In the 70's we were being told we were heading into an ice age.

What us "deniers" are doing is pointing out that 20 years of data prove absolutely nothing. When we are discussing GLOBAL Conditions on Earth. Every model you turds have used is corrupt and biased. You keep getting schooled on the ignorant assumptions you make based on lack of data and piss poor guesses to fabricate dire results 100 years from now.

If anything it proves that no one can make a prediction over 100 years. Since Temperatures are no longer rising so quickly in a decade the entire premise of the global warming we are all doomed crowd is shown to be bankrupt.

We can not even predict temperatures in a month, much less a year or 100 years. All our weather prediction is based on OBSERVABLE conditions. We see what is happening in x position and predict based on that what will happen in y position. To claim we can know in 100 years what will happen is beyond ignorant. Further the very reason you all went bat shit crazy is no longer even happening.

The sun is at its lowest level of activity in 80 years.

The ocean temperatures are the highest ever recorded.

The level of CO2 continues to rise every day.

Soon we will have doubled CO2 levels.

And the North Polar ice cap has been melting 6% per decade.

Already been over this. from the early 1920's to the end of the 1940's the temperature in the arctic were higher then now and for a longer period of time. Yet in 1950 we still had our caps and our glaciers.

As for Hurricanes the 40's were the worst recorded. To bad no one was measuring ocean temperatures around the world.

Hell not one single Hurricane has beaten the one in what 67? And after all the doom and gloom after Katrina hurricanes got weaker and fewer in number. North Carolina has not been hit in a VERY long time now and we used to see 2 to 4 a year before Katrina.

Right now the temps for 2009 tie with 2003 as the fifth warmest year on record. Given the fact of the strengthing El Nino, there is a very good chance that 2009 will end up third or fourth on the record. Then comes 2010. Could easily exceed 1998 and 2005.

No, things are not cooling at all, in fact they are consistently getting warmer. And, already, the predictions I made concerning this year are proving to be far more accurate that the drivel people here were posting about cooling.

Right now the temps for 2009 tie with 2003 as the fifth warmest year on record. Given the fact of the strengthing El Nino, there is a very good chance that 2009 will end up third or fourth on the record. Then comes 2010. Could easily exceed 1998 and 2005.

No, things are not cooling at all, in fact they are consistently getting warmer. And, already, the predictions I made concerning this year are proving to be far more accurate that the drivel people here were posting about cooling.

None of the predictions they made last year are coming true.

Forum List

Back