Worldnet Daily accuses wikipedia of being a far left media outlet

Hasn't the Wright and Ayers thing been done and overdone at this point? Ok, Republicans raised the issues and gave Obama a few rough weeks last summer, both very weak issues for them to have been pounding on for weeks because nothing ever came of it.

That's not the point. The point is that facts are facts.

Ok.. :lol:

You sure that's what they were, facts?

I say a lot of those allegations last summer were smear tactics and attack ads, which is fine, Obama gave as well as he got and that is life in the big city. Just don't act like all of this was true and factual on Republican's part.

*covering ears and shaking head* La La La I'm not listening to you!

Obama served on the community board with Ayers. That is a fact. Ridiculously overblown and made out to be something it wasn't by the republican smear machine, absolutely. But still a fact. Why would wikipedia not allow a one sentence entry that contains only this fact?

Obama served on the community board with Ayers. That is a fact. Ridiculously overblown and made out to be something it wasn't by the republican smear machine, absolutely. But still a fact. Why would wikipedia not allow a one sentence entry that contains only this fact?

But it's an irrelevancy. I worked for someone who was SDS in college. Big deal. If they wrote my bio, it wouldn't even be a blip.

But it's an irrelevancy.

That's your opinion, and not universal at that.

The flaw in the WIKI model is that things like this are always going to be a problem.

To assume that everybody can be an honest editor of an encyclopedia is asking a bit much from human nature.

I use Wiki frequently but tend not to use it for things which I know are going to be politically contentious.

I can understand deleting the eligibility crap. But why delete the factual statements about Wright and Ayers?

You know, just because WND is a well known peddler of republican propaganda doesn't guarantee that everything they write is bullshit.
slight correction, WND is propaganda from the extreme rightwingnuts
about the same as dailyKOS and DU for the extreme moonbat left

The flaw in the WIKI model is that things like this are always going to be a problem.

To assume that everybody can be an honest editor of an encyclopedia is asking a bit much from human nature.

I use Wiki frequently but tend not to use it for things which I know are going to be politically contentious.
i dont like using it as a point of refference, but i will use it to find the info from their links at the bottom

:lol:

i have to laugh when i see someone say "republican smear machine"

when the democratic smear machine is about 10 times more effective because they have willing accomplaces in the media

I can understand deleting the eligibility crap. But why delete the factual statements about Wright and Ayers?

You know, just because WND is a well known peddler of republican propaganda doesn't guarantee that everything they write is bullshit.

It certainly doesn't guarantee complete honesty either.

I didn't say it did.

But I checked the Obama wikipedia page and couldn't find anything about Ayers either. I find it hard to believe that nobody has attempted to add anything at all about him.

Edit: I actually did find one mention of Wright.

There is a separate page on wiki about the Ayers controversy (and one on the Wright issue). They're linked at the bottom of the Obama bio page.

Forum List

Back