World Water Wars

Discussion in 'Environment' started by newpolitics, Jun 28, 2011.

1. newpolitics

newpolitics vegan atheist indy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +283
    The time of water wars is upon us with the privatization of water resources worldwide by multinational conglomerates who are not accountable to, or suppressible by the local populations they effect, even here in America. What say you?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO2rPUkKGww]YouTube - ‪Flow- Water Privatization - Full‬‏[/ame]

'Flow,' a documentary on what the privatization of water really means which was the inspiration for me creating this thread. It brings to light the insane and completely immoral behavior of water corporations (Nestle, Coke, Pepsi, as well as Suez and Vivendi, and their involvement with the World Bank)... I am never going to buy another Coke, Pepsi, or Nestle product until... I am dying of thirst, which is the situation many in the world find themselves in now.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Allowing the privatization of public waters sources is stupid beyond all understanding.

Water is resource of the commonweal and ought never to be allowed to become captured by any private concern.

Right now corporations like Nestles are buying up the world's best springs to make bottled water.

Allowing this to happen is a perfect example of how perverted our governments have become.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,175
    Hey........30 years ago, I was reading about all kinds of hysterical doomsday theories of the extinction of this natural resource or that natural resource.

You get a few decades down the line and realize there are lots of smart people out there who roll out hysterical theories because they know there are millions of suckers out there who'll buy it in a heartbeat and profit handsomely FTW!!!

4. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,387
    Dehydrated water is where it's at. Easily packaged, light weight, and there's plenty of it.

5. newpolitics

newpolitics vegan atheist indy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +283
    I agree. The capacity of these corporations (and many others) to do the most horrendous things that directly effect the health of these local populations without any regard for their health, well-being, or in the case of poorer countries like India, their ability to even survive, can only be described as pure evil- the interest of money over peoples right to life. In places with already little water, they go in, and pump out what is left, while the people standby, thirsty and dying, and then sell that water back to them at prices higher than gasoline, when they know they can't pay it. Or put water meters on water pumps to people that are living in absolute poverty and can not afford it, in third world countries. These private corporations are sick in the head, and so are the people that run them. The IMF and the World Bank or just as bad. Pure corruption, greed, and disregard for people lower on the food chain.

6. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,858
    Recommendation for better water management...
    :cool:
    UN Report: Population Growth to Cause Water Crunch
    Monday, August 22nd, 2011 - A new report calls for better water and food management to prevent crises as the global population growth causes stress to natural resources.

7. udoshia

udoshia Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I read the population is increasing exponentially and by 2040 we will have doubled it from what it is today. that is if there are no pandemics, solar flares well.......you know.
    I read in it was either scientific American or skeptical enquirer (my favorite) that George Bush and his daughter have bought 100,000 acres of land in Paraguay for the naturalwater in the ground so once again he can have power in the world and...........he has a whole military camp living there. BP has bought water rights. nestles. Monsanto's (go to Google or anywhere and type in basic search "the most evil corporation in the world" and the times I have over the years Monsanto's is listed first) just doing that search and linking back and forth allot of people are planning water to be their new black gold to power and fortune.

8. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,858
    George Bush and his daughter have bought 100,000 acres of land in Paraguay for the naturalwater in the ground so once again he can have power in the world and...........he has a whole military camp living there.

More likely for a coca plantation...

... especially if there's a whole military camp...

... to protect it living there...

... cocaine production requires a good supply of water.
    :eusa_shifty:

9. udoshia

udoshia Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well then............never mind..........

10. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,281
    Water is going to be a major flashpoint nationally and internationally as the climate becomes more variable. Were we a sane species, we would be building canals and re-enforcing our dams on the Missouri and Mississippi rivers right now. Won't happen until there is a major catastrophe. It took a dustbowl to make people contour plow, and create national grasslands so there would are vulneble areas deeply rooted enough to keep the soil from blowing away in drougth times.