World warming to US under Obama, BBC poll suggests

Clearly, the rest of the world feared what Bush/Cheney might do. It helped Obama win the Nobel Peace Prize just by charting a different course than Bush.

When I met people from other countries in Europe and the Americas when Bush was president, they would politely probe..."Why would you elect that guy"?

Now they seem more confident that America is not going to do something stupid. Obama, by going around the world and apologizing for what a fuck-up Bush was. He has made it clear that this is not the real America and that we are willing to listen to the concerns and issues of other countries

PFFFT
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
lol-045.gif

Thanks for demonstrating my point about Bush supporters and you wonder why the whole world hated him?

Shit rw... where the fuck you been man? I am NOT a Bush supporter... :eusa_hand:

I think invading Iraq was wrong and borderline illegal.
I think Bush spent far too much money.
I think and his NWO old man and him were both open borders assholes.
I think Bush's unwillingness to get us out of the middle east was stupid, and so is obama for the same reason.

Need I go on?

BBC News - World warming to US under Obama, BBC poll suggests

Views of the US around the world have improved sharply over the past year, a BBC World Service poll suggests.

For the first time since the annual poll began in 2005, America's influence in the world is now seen as more positive than negative.

The improved scores for the US coincided with Barack Obama becoming president, a BBC correspondent notes.

As in 2009, Germany is viewed most favourably while Iran and Pakistan are seen as the most negative influences.

Nearly 30,000 people in 28 countries were interviewed for the poll, between November 2009 and February 2010.

Fifteen of the countries have been surveyed every year since 2005, allowing long-term trends to be discerned.

In these nations - or 14 of them, not including the US itself - positive views of the US fell to a low of 28% on average in 2007, from 38% in 2005, but recovered to 35% in 2009 and 40% in this year's poll.

Compared with 2009, positive views of the US jumped 21% in Germany, 18 in Russia, 14 in Portugal and 13 in Chile - though Russia and Germany continued to have a negative view of the US overall.

Meanwhile, negative opinions of the US declined by 23% in Spain, 14 in France and 10 in the UK, with the result that all three lean towards a positive view of the country.

:eusa_think:

Thankies so much for posting this, Dogbert. We have such a fascination with ourselves here in the US, most of us haven't got a clue how residents of other parts of Planet Earth see us. Amazing that we gained ground during the 2008/2009 business cycle. I'd have thought most folks living elsewhere blamed us to a large degree for the troubles in their own economies, as we are (probably fairly) seen as the ones who permitted Wall Street and the MegaBanks to implode.

I take it that they like us several times over more in Portugal than they do in Spain? Am I reading that correctly? Kinda makes you wonder what on earth the State Department could be doing to have such dissparate effects on two seemingly similar nations. I wonder why we are unpopular in Germany? They have the best economy in all of Europe now -- might be stronger than ours.

I have no doubt it helps that we have an appealing guy as our president. After all, we liked Margaret Thatcher too back in the day (former PM of the UK). I can even remember when Golda Meir was a big hit here (former PM of Israel). Some politicians undeniably have that something-something extra, a star power of some sort. But really, how much use would a charismatic president be if we weren't making at least some moves other nations approved of?

Maybe we're doing better than we think.

BBC News - World warming to US under Obama, BBC poll suggests

Views of the US around the world have improved sharply over the past year, a BBC World Service poll suggests.

For the first time since the annual poll began in 2005, America's influence in the world is now seen as more positive than negative.

The improved scores for the US coincided with Barack Obama becoming president, a BBC correspondent notes.

Meanwhile, negative opinions of the US declined by 23% in Spain, 14 in France and 10 in the UK, with the result that all three lean towards a positive view of the country.

:eusa_think:

Thankies so much for posting this, Dogbert. We have such a fascination with ourselves here in the US, most of us haven't got a clue how residents of other parts of Planet Earth see us. Amazing that we gained ground during the 2008/2009 business cycle. I'd have thought most folks living elsewhere blamed us to a large degree for the troubles in their own economies, as we are (probably fairly) seen as the ones who permitted Wall Street and the MegaBanks to implode.

I take it that they like us several times over more in Portugal than they do in Spain? Am I reading that correctly? Kinda makes you wonder what on earth the State Department could be doing to have such dissparate effects on two seemingly similar nations. I wonder why we are unpopular in Germany? They have the best economy in all of Europe now -- might be stronger than ours.

I have no doubt it helps that we have an appealing guy as our president. After all, we liked Margaret Thatcher too back in the day (former PM of the UK). I can even remember when Golda Meir was a big hit here (former PM of Israel). Some politicians undeniably have that something-something extra, a star power of some sort. But really, how much use would a charismatic president be if we weren't making at least some moves other nations approved of?

Maybe we're doing better than we think.

Thatcher was largely despised by other European leaders because of her hard line on Britain's contributions to the EU budget. To this day in the UK she is criticized by many (notably blue collar workers) because of her approach to the Trade Unions, particularly the NUM in the mid 80s. And of course the Community Charge was a policy disaster that largely led to her downfall.

Very few of these things had any impact on public opinion of Thatcher in the U.S. Different countries see things different ways depending on how those other countries' policies affects them.

Nah Frank, Bush and particularly Cheney have gone, so has almost the entire Bush Administration bar Gates (who seems to be a pretty good operator). Simple as that. People outside the US were actually scared of what BushCheney might do. Also the hubris was a bit much to take. And they fucked up the PR after 9/11 badly. The only people who see the US under Obama as a threat to them now are the people who bloody well deserve it.

The only people who see Obama as a threat are hard working Americans with ambition.

Nah Frank, Bush and particularly Cheney have gone, so has almost the entire Bush Administration bar Gates (who seems to be a pretty good operator). Simple as that. People outside the US were actually scared of what BushCheney might do. Also the hubris was a bit much to take. And they fucked up the PR after 9/11 badly. The only people who see the US under Obama as a threat to them now are the people who bloody well deserve it.

The only people who see Obama as a threat are hard working Americans with ambition.

And yet......it is the hard working Americans who have done the best under Obama

33 million hard working Americans can now buy healthcare
Hard working Americans saw their taxes cut
Hard working Americans are seeing their retirement funds recover
More hard working Americans are able to buy a home
Hard working Americans at GM and Chrysler had their jobs saved

And yet......it is the hard working Americans who have done the best under Obama

Here's your T Shirt
847093v1_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

Here's your T Shirt
847093v1_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

No question Frankie..

You are indeed a tool

Where are the poll fiends on this one I wonder? After all, what are they going to say about BBC? That they're under Obama's thumb? :rofl:

You might have just mortally wounded the entire right wing with this information. :lol:

What? Hell, I didn't need to see a poll for that. I could've told you the world was warming to us. We are prosecuting Navy SEALS, threatening cops who may dare enforce laws, pandering and appeasing our enemies, signing massive entitlement laws..............of course the world is warming up to us. The weaker we become, the stronger and more enabled they become.

In case you haven't noticed, much of the world wants a weaker United States. Obama is giving them what they want.

This information doesn't mortally wound the right wing. Obama's presidency might. His presidency has critically wounded our country, and our military, law enforcement and private sector. That will all change in November and 2012.

Allow me to translate liberal jibberish to real talk:

33 million hard working Americans who previously couldn't afford healthcare and now going to be forced to by threat of government penalty.
Hard working Americans who didn't pay income taxes anyway got an even bigger check of money taken from those that do.
Hard working Americans are seeing the downward spiral of their retirement funds slow, because the liberal policies that induced the housing bubble burst have caused an economic disaster that has almost run it's natural course and steadied.
More hard working Americans who couldn't afford a home are now going to get government handouts to get into a home they won't be able to pay for in 5 years. (hey, worked the first time)
Hard working union members at GM and Chrysler had their jobs and pensions saved by being subsidized by the American people.

There, thats more accurate. We like accuracy here. Thanks.

Typical liberal nonsense... parade around professing "my bad" to EVERYTHING.

Sorry guys.. the world is laughing at us and at Obama the "boy king" in particular.

No one ever gained respect by showing weakness.

Hate to disagree, but liberal leftists have always respected those who show weakness. Go to Columbia University or UC-Berkeley, show weakness, and be praised as a hero!!

Typical liberal nonsense... parade around professing "my bad" to EVERYTHING.

Sorry guys.. the world is laughing at us and at Obama the "boy king" in particular.

Yep. The world wants a weaker America.

Under Bush, much of the world hated us, but they also feared us.

Now, they just laugh at us and savor Obama's dismantling of our power.

Allow me to translate liberal jibberish to real talk:

33 million hard working Americans who previously couldn't afford healthcare and now going to be forced to by threat of government penalty.
Hard working Americans who didn't pay income taxes anyway got an even bigger check of money taken from those that do.
Hard working Americans are seeing the downward spiral of their retirement funds slow, because the liberal policies that induced the housing bubble burst have caused an economic disaster that has almost run it's natural course and steadied.
More hard working Americans who couldn't afford a home are now going to get government handouts to get into a home they won't be able to pay for in 5 years. (hey, worked the first time)
Hard working union members at GM and Chrysler had their jobs and pensions saved by being subsidized by the American people.

There, thats more accurate. We like accuracy here. Thanks.

Perfect translation of Progressive Bullshit into English

Forum List

Back